Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Mr Do 71

Two things I don't like about the controls.

1. Apparently not being able to turn off the gyroscope for the camera. I haven't noticed it most of the time but it did hinder me on a boss fight.

2. Blowing into the mic. I can't think of a single occasion in any game when blowing into the mic has been welcome.

PS. The copyright thingy on the case says 2015. NOE really were hung up on this.

game have download codes available now for £29.99

--

EDIT - CODE IS SENT IMMEDIATELY BUT I CANNOT REDEEM ON THE E-SHOP AS IT STATES THE SOFTWARE IS NOT AVAILABLE YET

I did the same but got a refund by talking to someone through the webchat service. I basically said they shouldn't be selling the code if you can't use it, that nothing on the site says you can't redeem it etc etc

Only word to describe this is 'charming'

Just a lovely crafted game of the type that they dont make any more (except thankfully they do).

Couple of control annoyances (dont like the mine cart levels) but the core game is just beautiful to play, love how they craft so much gameplay and detail into such small spaces.

I know its down to preference but I honestly believe that this years firstparty wii u games look better than anything on the XB1 or PS4, something about these hi def cartoony graphics that just pops off the screen.

Lovely game with two minor exceptions, gyro controls always being active and no middle zoom level. Default is too far away and zoomed is too close but apart from that exactly what I wanted.

Just make sure your have a 3D world save game for a surprise!

This is addictive as I hoped it would be. I saw a video of it a while ago and it looked so immediately playable. I've burnt through the first book of levels in 1 night, was rather chuffed to see there's a second adventure packed with levels.

It's quite easy so far, even doing everything, but I imagine book 2 will be tougher and in a way, I like that it only takes 20-30 minutes to everything per stage and that I want to replay stuff rather than feeling obligated.

Some of the controls aren't always great, and there was one hair rippingly frustrating stage so far:

The one with the falling floor which forces you to race ahead and ends in a turbo charge pad shoving you across a narrow column right at the end, where it's incredibly easy to fall off.

But for sheer gameplay loveliness and charm, it's definitely worth the £35 Argos price I paid.

I've twigged a few things that I didnt see on screen or ignored - A button makes toad sprint, which is useful, X zooms in (but doesnt always stay there) and on the mine cart level you mainly aim with the right stick, not gyro (I 3 starred and ticked it first time as soon as I sussed this)

Lovley game and I feel compelled to 3 star and tick every level too.

Well this is just beautiful, just started act 2, favourite level so far has to be

The train, kinda reminded me of goldeneye:)

It was also great to see the return of

the American football guy from super Mario world! I hated him then, I hate him now:)

Just picked this up at my local HMV, £33. I went to game and it wasn't on the shelves, I spoke to one of the employees who said "oh yeah, it's supposed to by out today isn't it, join the (stupidly long) queue and ask the checkout guys.

I notice it's available for immediate reserve and collect from Argos for £35, but when I went in store it showed as £9'999.00, so I guess they aren't selling it yet.

PULSEMYNE, get down to HMV pronto !!!!

Just picked this up at my local HMV, £33. I went to game and it wasn't on the shelves, I spoke to one of the employees who said "oh yeah, it's supposed to by out today isn't it, join the (stupidly long) queue and ask the checkout guys.

I notice it's available for immediate reserve and collect from Argos for £35, but when I went in store it showed as £9'999.00, so I guess they aren't selling it yet.

PULSEMYNE, get down to HMV pronto !!!!

I shall be going there later on. GAME ain't getting my money the stupid shits.