Easy Allies - The Prettiest Eyes

I'm actually quite cut up about this - Kyle always seemed like the creative heart and drive of EZA. Really can't see it being the same without him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Group stream yesterday was Kyle's goodbye so he had a couple of bets still to settle, the best of these being Kyle and Ben duet about Metroid because they lost the bet that Metroid Prime 4 would be released in 2019. Starts at 16:15

• Upvote 3

00.00.00 - Open

00:05:04 - Corrections

00:07:28 - Bosman’s Questions for Jones

00:48:48 - Bosman’s Hosting Tips

00:57:34 - PODCAST HALFTIME

01:03:27 - Jones’s Questions for Bosman

01:29:18 - L&R: Will Jones rap?

01:35:59 - L&R: Game - Animal Crossing Villager or Disney Character?

01:46:05 - L&R: Need help for a notorious final boss

01:47:16 - L&R: Can RE4 Remake be good?

01:57:17 - Closing

Was feeling the same but the episode where Bosman and Jones talked about the podcast, past and future made me more optimistic. I still love the Allies. it'll be fine. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Varnsen said:

Was feeling the same but the episode where Bosman and Jones talked about the podcast, past and future made me more optimistic. I still love the Allies. it'll be fine. 

Yeah agreed actually. This week’s handover podcast was a good idea and Blood being the regular co-host sounds like a good fit. :)

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

When is the actual Xbox thing?

Im not keeping up with the podcast since Kyle left. I was already a bit behind because I don’t like the quality of the Skype version, but since he’s left I don’t want to catch up because it’s sad, especially as I listened to his final one. I tried a more recent one but it feels weird and wrong. I think Jones was the worst choice possible. 

5pm Thursday, according to the thread title.

I’ve stuck with the podcast, but I’m not sure how much longer I’ll do so for. I find there’s an expectation that you’ve watched all their videos in between podcasts (or kept up with news), so there’s a lack of context and explanation at times that Bosman would have prevented. Damiani is on them a lot, too, and I find him intolerable. I don’t watch any of their streams now.

• Upvote 2

I think up until Kyle got popular I’d only ever really watched GT for reviews. I always found all the video content about games I saw a bit cringey and awkward. Kyle’s weird personality and style are what got me interested in YouTube style content in the first place, and I’ve never enjoyed Easy A stuff as much without him. I feel really guilty because I like them and want to support them, but I don’t know what to watch now and it all feels kinda dry.

Yeah I’ve been trying a few different podcasts tbh. (Minnmax is currently the front runner)

I love those guys but I just don’t feel like Jones has enough knowledge to lead the conversation and pull out the good takes from the panel. Kyle was really good at editorial, choosing what things to talk about and pulling on threads he thought were interesting. 
It’s been a bit dull recently as @klargon mentioned, they don’t stop to contextualise stuff and assume you’ve seen all the hundreds of presentations that have been happening recently. I just find I zone out as he lists a thousand games for the Foster’s Lager Gaming Show. 

It’s a shame really as it’s not his fault Kyle was so good at the job and they’ve also been hit by no E3 right at the same time. The betting specials have been great though and just highlights that they are great viewing when there’s actually good gaming news to talk about. 

I won’t be abandoning them outright or anything but the podcast has become less essential listening. 

I just wish they’d chosen someone with a more distinct personality. I like Jones, and he’s got a great voice, but he’s like a safe pair of hands director without much flare. Kyle’s games and segments often went horribly wrong, but those failures also gave us the successes. Jones’ version feels like a much more normal podcast.

• Upvote 2
Just now, Broker said:

I just wish they’d chosen someone with a more distinct personality. I like Jones, and he’s got a great voice, but he’s like a safe pair of hands director without much flare. Kyle’s games and segments often went horribly wrong, but those failures also gave us the successes. Jones’ version feels like a much more normal podcast.

Yeah agreed. Ben was on last week and it improved the podcast dramatically. He should have been the host really as he’s done a good job on Frametrap.

The thing is, there were things about Bosman I really didn’t like. Not once did I think he was funny. Box Peek, while nicely presented, was absolute trash. However, what The Final Bosman showed is that he really understands his opinion and can articulate it really well. I agree that the majority of their content now is just a little stale, rather than crap. Jones and Blood aren’t the right people to lead the podcast.

• Upvote 1

I agree with all of the comments about the podcast. I'm actually really disappointed that they've just kept basically all the ideas Kyle came up with. So not only does it feel like they haven't put their own stamp on things, that they don't have any new ideas and then every section just reminds you that Kyle's humour would make it ten times better.

It's that injection of personality and humour - I think Jones said he wouldn't be doing jokes (because he knows he can't) but then they really should change it up. I definitely feel Jones is trying but he is so much better as an panellist.

Also every podcast feels rigid in a way that it didn't before and every week just blends into one. It feels bad to say all this because I want them to find that new groove.

Hall of Greats is still working well for them. Ben, Huber and Don were all excellent: