Football thread 2014/15 season

The Fox

To dive and protest like that is horrendous. It could have so easily been given. I dunno why they aren't clamping down on it. Three match bans for blatant dives should surely put a stop to it after a few months.

Brave refereeing by Oliver I think, and I'd very much like to see utter bullshit like Januzaj's dive more harshly punished as well. There's just no disincentive for him not to dive there as it stands; the ability to retrospectively ban would quickly change that.

And I do wonder how Man Utd's season would be looking without De Gea in such form. Another brilliant save right at the end there.

Well I think he let control of the game get away from him. Ended up with the situation where Bellerin should have gone and then Rojo smashed Cazorla because he knew the ref wasn't going to give him more than a yellow. In the end he just seemed to be giving out cards in order to be 'fair', not because they were warranted.

The Di Maria thing is a bit of a joke I think, Ramsey does grab him and the ref's just petty to send Di Maria off for that.

Diving, thuggery, long ball Manchester United. What a shadow of the team they used to be.

Only De Gea kept them in it at the end. Some world class saves.

The most expensive player in British football sent off, as a guy United didn't want scores the winner.

Man U fans booing him as he came off? Not surprising.

What a great result for Arsenal, superbly done.

The ref done well tonight.

Not every foul is a booking. Probably why Bellerin and Rojo didn't get sent off. Both pushed their luck a bit but the ref was right.

We always hate it when players dive but in this case the ref was spot on with both the Januzi and the Di Maria dives. Both embarrassing and deserved a booking.

As for Di Maria's red. Do what he did and it's an easy decision for the ref.

No. They showed it in the post-match bit. Definite second yellow only. He got off lightly.

This is definitely correct.

It should have been a straight red, but I can see why the ref didn't do that.

Ended up with the situation where Bellerin should have gone and then Rojo smashed Cazorla because he knew the ref wasn't going to give him more than a yellow.

Just to be pedantic the Rojo foul on Cazorla was before the bellerin foul.

The ref should have done a huge stumbling dive to the floor, like it was the 90s all over again and everything was wonderful.

Ironically, threre was more contact on the ref than there was on di Maria for the initial dive.

Luckily his legs didn't go from under him and the tap on the back cause him to scream in pain and hold his face as he rolled around on the floor.

Diving, thuggery, long ball Manchester United. What a shadow of the team they used to be.

The most expensive player in British football sent off, as a guy United didn't want scores the winner.

Oh Lord, you just can't stop talking about us. :lol:

A shadow, yet you're still in our shadow?

Diving was evident and yeah it was stupid. Thuggery? Hope you dont mean the slight pull on the refs shirt, it was hardly GBH!! I think repeatedly biting people is thuggery personally

Any player can get sent off, their price is irrelevant and a guy we dont want scoring the winner? At least our guy who wanted to move isnt idolised and revered still and didnt personally balls up our only chance in 25 years of winning the league by slipping over!!!

I didnt hear boos, there might have been, which would be idiotic. Could also have been the Arsenal end? there was 9000 of them after all!!

Good effort though Dinobot, get back to me about Slippy G though yeah and we can carry on this conversation :D