Football thread 2014/15 season

The Fox

"I've never seen Wilshere do anything" said by millions of people who watch football but don't 'watch' football.

I've said it plenty of times, Wilshere is the future of English football, build the team around him the guy is a straight up baller, we've never had a midfielder as good as him in this country.

On this very forum I've said similar things about Wilshere and on his day he's a truly brilliant footballer. In the future he has the ability and potential to be recognised as England's best ever midfielder but he's a hell of a long way to go to get anywhere near that and it's ridiculous to suggest he is now. He needs to cut out smoking (seriously, what are you doing?) and to have a couple of consistent seasons before he can possibly be considered world-class. (My definition of world-class is someone pushing to get in a World XI + subs). He's suffered with injuries but he's also suffered with inexplicable poor form at times. Reminds me of Joe Cole.

Actually Zidane smoked so that's ok.

LOL no. This is ITV we're talking about, Freeview is lucky to get one HD channel from them.

Funnily enough... DVD/Blu-ray is out today. The ex-England midfielder recently commented, saying that there's been "No better England player than me since 1990".

I don't think I'd disagree with that though.. Who have we had since that's been better than Gazza on his day?

Wilshere's potential might not be in doubt but the injuries and attitude definitely are.

He's been in great form for club and country since he came back but that is what? 5 games if you include him coming off the bench? Is that really enough for you?

Wilshere needs to get out of Arsenal before he will become world class unless he wants to follow all the other 'best English players ever' that have been crocked by their dodgy medical team....

On a more serious note, he does have potential to be great but thats about the limit at the moment as he hasn't played enough since the big injury and multiple smaller injuries and thats a huge worry.

Sir Stanley Matthews

Bryan Robson

Sir Bobby Charlton

Wilf Mannion

Duncan Edwards

John Barnes

Paul Gascoigne

Paul Scholes

Frank Lampard

Jack Wilshere... unarguably better than every single player on that list?

Nah.

You missed off Glenn Hoddle from that list.

Sir Stanley Matthews

Bryan Robson

Sir Bobby Charlton

Wilf Mannion

Duncan Edwards

John Barnes

Paul Gascoigne

Paul Scholes

Frank Lampard

Jack Wilshere... unarguably better than every single player on that list?

Nah.

Robson and Gazza are the only ones who come close, Wilshere is like Iniesta, there is far more to his game than all the others on that list, that's not to say they weren't great players, Jack is just better that's all.

Robson and Gazza are the only ones who come close, Wilshere is like Iniesta, there is far more to his game than all the others on that list, that's not to say they weren't great players, Jack is just better that's all.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::slowclap::slowclap:

Are you his agent/mum/lover?

No, he's a guy who decided to base his forum identity on being an Arsenal fan - suffice to say you can take his opinion on the matter with a pinch of salt for now. As soon as Wilshere moves to a different club, he'll be reclassified. That's how it works.

Wilshere is like Iniesta, there is far more to his game than all the others on that list....

Well that's me conclusively told that Jack Wilshere is unarguably better than World Cup Winning, Ballon d'Or Winning, 2-time European cup winning, 106-Cap earning, all-time top Manchester United Goal-scorer, all-time top England Goal-scorer, Knighted for services to football Sir Bobby Charlton.