Football thread 2014/15 season

The Fox

The latest rumours are Di Maria to Monaco and James to Real Madrid.

Jorge Mendes will probably just swap the two lads between clubs every couple of years, raking in his 10+% of both deals each time. :lol:

Do you think Arsenal will sign anyone this summer m8?

It is Cellino. Probably not. His new manager got fired from Forest Green Rovers and the players have to bring their own food and pay to have their kit washed.

Normally I would have sympathy, but considering a significant number of Leeds fans were having a go at the FA for preventing their club from being taken over by a convicted conman and tax evader, fuck 'em.

Yes, thank goodness we're no longer in a nightmare and we don't have weird shit like irrational fears of the number 17 and the colour purple actually affecting-WTFrecordscratchetc. Newcastle are supposed to be the nation's comedy team, this just isn't fair.

It is Cellino. Probably not. His new manager got fired from Forest Green Rovers and the players have to bring their own food and pay to have their kit washed.

Normally I would have sympathy, but considering a significant number of Leeds fans were having a go at the FA for preventing their club from being taken over by a convicted conman and tax evader, fuck 'em.

In fairness, a lot of fans will buy into the promises of a saviour (no matter how dodgy they may appear) when the current board are perceived to be the anti-christ. Or something.

But that's funny/sad about players having to take their own food and stuff. Do you have any links to Cellino's craziness/crookedness? I don't know much about the guy.

Convicted of defrauding the Italian Ministry of Agriculture of £7.6m in 1996 and false accounting at Cagliari in 2001. These convictions made him the only person ever to fail the Fit and Proper Persons test (overturned on appeal that the convictions were "spent" under law). Convicted this year of failing to pay 388,500 euro in tax on a yacht and fined 600,000. This is under appeal. Currently under investigation for misuse of funds allocated to the old Cagliari stdium and facing trials on two further accusations of evading import duty on other items.

Had a row with the local council about a new stadium and therefore moved Cagliari from their home ground to Trieste, 500 miles away. They were supposed to move back to a temporary stadium, which failed several safety checks and forced the team to play games behind closed doors. He invited fans to turn up and try to get into the ground anyway.

As Cagliari owner, he sacked 36 managers in 21 years. All seats that were #17 are now #16b.

Fired Brian McDermott as Leeds manager without actually being in charge of the club.

The guy deserves his own thread

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/03/leeds-united-owner-massimo-cellino-sacks-paddy-kenny-because-he-doesnt-like-his-birth-date-4785869/

Lovren for £25m-ish?

Are Southampton planning on reinvesting much of their frankly ridiculous transfer profits?

I hear Bournemouth are getting £6m of the Lallana money. Mama.

It's reminding me of how Charliemouse bought all the athletic players for silly money, allowing us to sign tris. I'll take that again.

Liverpool seem to be taking a leaf out of the Spurs book. Sell your best player by miles for crazy money, and then spend it all on basically an entire team, none of whom are remotely close to being a replacement for said best player.

Worked out well for Tottenham, so get all your money on Liverpool to finish, well, sixth or something.

Liverpool seem to be taking a leaf out of the Spurs book. Sell your best player by miles for crazy money, and then spend it all on basically an entire team, none of whom are remotely close to being a replacement for said best player.

Worked out well for Tottenham, so get all your money on Liverpool to finish, well, sixth or something.

I figured the players brought in so far were to bolster the squad for European competition, and then they'll buy Messi to replace Suarez.