Football thread 2014/15 season

The Fox

Torres :wub:

I know it's probably predictable to say and a bit petty but I genuinely feel good seeing him playing again now he's not doing it in a Chelsea shirt. I cheered his first goal like I used to cheer his Liverpool goals and it felt good.

Should have kept him on to let him go for the hattrick.

Southampton are on a role! I hope they keep it up and make the Champion's League, it will just be fantastic for the premiership.

A team sells the spine for over a hundred million and defies everyone to not only escape relegation but make CL football!

Keep on marching!!

Saints won.... again shocked to be honest.., not used to it in the prem.,

Spent the afternoon at a mates 40th in bath, caught up with the game on the train back to romsey (I'm dead posh) and frankly shocked at ho were doing... I'm sure Richie and the others feel the same.., we've grown up with being use to le God saving us (as well as spending post game drinks with david beckham etc in the 90's) and despite our Liebherr years being spent i ascendency, the current situation doesn't feel right.,,

I remember playing kerbsies with the Wallace brothers who live 4 doors Down, keegAn was on my school board and

Mcmenamy was our chief governer...

I'm fucking loving it!!!

The sight of smug Pardew sticks in my bloody craw.

Not that Palace didn't deserve it. Clarets were so on top for the first quarter of a hour, the goals seemed simple enough (not seen any replays, so not sure of validity of the second one). Were retaining possession and then just... stopped. It was absolutely awful. Passes were hit into space rather than aimed at anyone, Boyd was anonymous. Arfield had an absolute bloody mare. Pardew will point to switching Zaha from left to right wing yet it was more Burnley just not doing the things they were good at which led to their downfall. It didn't help that every deflection, block and bounce seemed to fall for a yellow shirt or spin away from a claret and blue one. And that Phil Dowd was sodding awful.

A lot of muttering about Dyche this evening. Mainly because Arfield was so, so bad. One of those situations where you yank the guy simply to stop doing the team more harm. I know he is a confidence player and I love him to bits, but sometimes you have to make the tough decisions. Boyd just got no service and seemed to be way too far forward to help as an outlet. This left Marney and Jones in midfield and they just aren't mobile enough to help the back four play through - and Burnley reverted to too much long ball.

Palace deserved their three goals. And they had the luck. But the third goal really, really, should have been stopped inside Palaces half, on the opposite wing. It is so frustrating that it could have been us in 12th place this evening and not them.

Still not impressed with Zaha mind. All the talent in the world, but no end product. And was wearing gloves with a short sleeved shirt. That is never a good look.

Appears that Man City need Toure more than Liverpool needed Suarez or Spurs needed Bale.

The most expensive one man team ever assembled.

So suarez took a top 10 side to second and Bale took a top 10 side to fourth but Toure not playing makes Chelsea a better team than Man City - impressive logic there.

Hang on, Spurs beat Chelsea who are better than Man City without Toure so Spurs must be the best but are sixth

Nah no idea mate

That was the assistants call and he got it half right... :?

Half right? He was 5 yards in his own half playing the ball. Even against my team its a travesty of a decision, they're fucking blind

Appears that Man City need Toure more than Liverpool needed Suarez or Spurs needed Bale.

The most expensive one man team ever assembled.

There is so much wrong with this post its scary

My tongue was in my cheek, although I can imagine him thinking:

oooh this is one of those moments where the goalie isn't the last player and so it's still offside cos of the last man rule, *waves flag*

Hmmm... they were in the right half weren't they?

Fucksocks!! :(

I know its a hard job reffing but i mean this is so blatant, i mean so shocking, where is the punishment? I agree with (i think it was big sam) who said you should get 1 appeal per team per half, like a challenge in tennis. Yeah this didnt affect the result but what if spurs miss europe on a single goal difference. The entire stadium except for 2 men knew it was a goal.