Football League Championship Season 2014/15

Timmo

We had our nosebleed pretty quickly but at least Powell's reputation at The Valley is untarnished I guess :lol:

Alex Neil was a brave appointment, I like it when clubs do that and it pays off (early days though I guess). Beats plucking another one of the usual suspects off the merry-go-round in any case. When we were looking for a new manager there were plenty of clowns giving it the classic 'The SPL's like a pub league', 'Anyone could win that with Celtic', 'So what if they beat Barcelona' etc. etc. when Lennon was heavily linked.. God knows how they would've reacted had we gone for Hamilton's manager.

Exciting win for Fulham against Derby on Saturday. Bryan Ruiz is still one of the most puzzling footballers I've ever seen and Ross McCormack really showed what he can do when he's not distracted thinking about biscuits. We looked good, and should hopefully avoid the relegation battle we seemed doomed to be in under Felix a the beginning of the year.

God, the Championship is getting bloody tight. How costly losing to Leeds and Sheff Wed could be. We're lucky Derby have dropped points at the same time and Bournemouth have hit a rough patch, but we're now top and yet two defeats could see us drop out of the playoff places!

It's crazy isn't it, I was at the Sheff Wed game and we mustered 4 shots and struggled to create anything meaningful. Come tonight and it's a solid 3-0 win, the league is mental.

I suppose all the teams at the top could say about their silly defeats and lost points. Anyone who puts a good 6-7 wins in a row will take a promotion spot I reckon.

Millwall are utterly awful, just the team you needed to get back on track.

Depressing at the moment as a ram after so much positivity, both our strikers injured and Thorne out again. Created a ridiculous number of chances tonight but just couldn't finish. I can't face the playoffs again.

It's crazy isn't it, I was at the Sheff Wed game and we mustered 4 shots and struggled to create anything meaningful. Come tonight and it's a solid 3-0 win, the league is mental.

I suppose all the teams at the top could say about their silly defeats and lost points. Anyone who puts a good 6-7 wins in a row will take a promotion spot I reckon.

I would say Wednesday have had a very odd season, but it's been going on longer than that. We're having runs, win win win, lose lose lose, draw, draw, draw with seemingly no concern for who the opponents are. Pretty sure if Barcelona turn up in the middle of a winning run we'd take them apart, then lose to Accrington Stanley two weeks later.

It's incredibly infuriating, infinitely more so than the same results spread out over the season.

Isn't that pretty much just the nature being in the Championship? Almost every side in it spends the majority of their time being inconsistent. We're fucking terrible for it too except our recent pattern has been closer to WLWLWLWLWLWL.

I don't think your captain Keough (sp?) could either. I still remember his face from the final, poor lad.

I will always remember Keogh's last game at Cov.

We were 22nd and were playing Doncaster (24th) and a win would have seen us stay up.

Before the game everyone knew it was Keogh's and a few others last game at the club. We went 1-0 and we're throwing men forward trying to get an equalizer late in the second half. In the last few minutes of the game Doncaster broke through one-on-one to make it 2 when Keogh just swooped the guy from behind getting a straight red. To which he was applauded off the Pitch by our fans. We lost 2-0

Despite us going down that day it was a pretty funny moment.

Isn't that pretty much just the nature being in the Championship? Almost every side in it spends the majority of their time being inconsistent. We're fucking terrible for it too except our recent pattern has been closer to WLWLWLWLWLWL.

I don't think so, I think your current pattern is more typical, anyone can beat anyone. It started for us under Dave Jones and he has always done it, that's was exactly how Cardiff ended up in their play-off adventures.

Yeah, it's always risky putting any championship team on an accumulator, even if it's the top team at home to team in 16th, if any of the top 8 are playing eachother not worth it

Managed to draw with Birmingham today, 2-0 up and they hadn't had a chance on goal, and had barely been in our half. 3 mins added time signalled, they equalise on 90+7. For about 3 minutes I actually wanted to throw my season ticket in the river. Fortunately there was no nearby river.

It is really exciting this year.

I think we may have blown our chances now after dropping points against Bournemouth and Watford, but could still make the playoffs.

Best league in Britain.

I can't really see how any other league in the world can be better in terms of competition at the top. It's frankly ridiculous.

Millwall have sacked Holloway.

Bit of an odd decision really, we're essentially down so unless it's literally just a very expensive stab to improve the atmosphere I can't think why the board have chosen now to do it.

I suspect there is also a chance he's paid too much to be affordable in League 1.