IGNORED

RLLMUK Hearthstone Tournament

John0

Yeah no probs!

Best of three it is then.. guess we could have done best of 5 if we didn't do double-elimination.. but we'll see how this one goes. Yeah, I reckon if we aim to get the matches played within 3-4 day periods (ie 2 a week) then that should keep things ticking over quite nicely.

Are we sticking to 1 deck or allowed to switch?

We can't really have a rule on switching decks, as we're not specifying them before hand and it's all a bit more fluid. I like the idea of saying that you need to use more than one class to beat someone though. So, once you win a game you have to switch class. But that kind of goes against how most tournaments work that I've noticed. What does everyone reckon?

Well that was painful

Round 1

Mage vs Mage. I had a horrible draw and got nothing useful until I was basically dead.

Round 2

Hunter vs Mage. I took flare out of my hunter deck yesterday. Facepalm.

Another kicking

Who's next?

http://challonge.com/rllmukhearthstone :) hope that's ok with everyone! May as well just get into it and see how it goes.. if anything doesn't work we can always have another one and change things round a bit :). For the four that have to play an extra game, I guess that's just getting your bad RNG out of the way early.. we could always have you as seeds if we do do another to even things out a bit.

I'll update the first post.

Yeah, good games with And.

I used a deck that is a bit of fun, because it can be really annoying to counter.

For reference, we had best of 3, two legendary maximum, and allowed deck swapping.

And a game for fun saw Omus pull out mana worm, the coin and mirror image
So I was fucked from the get go. I got a aoe spell on turn 7. :(

That was my main deck, which i'd dropped a legendary from. And done some more fiddling because of that, so wasn't sure how it would cope.

Worm, coin, mirror is a bit lucky though.

So switching decks is allowed, win or lose? Just want to check :)

That's how me and And played. Although i stuck with my deck after winning, so that is a valid requirement still if people prefer.

Vorgot and I just played our round. 2-0 to myself.

First game was a paladin dual, I got off to a quick start but he healed up and started to take some board control. Eventually an Avenging Wrath got him to low health and I got lucky with a top decked Hammer of Wrath to finished the game.

Second I stuck with my paladin whilst he went to warlock. Similar opening as I rushed but stalled when I ran out of cards a bit. He tool some board control a few times and I survived via consecration. Then the Doomguard dropped and swiftly two Amani Bezerzers, enraged off my pathetic looking Silver Hand Recruits. He's on two health with 15 damage on the board, I'm on ~14 health with nothing on the board. Deck to the rescue. Draw a wolfrider and finish him.

Extremely lucky set of draws to me were the real difference.

Luck is part of the game though. My Pally deck needs a few turns to get going, and he got way too much going way too fast for me. Had to use cards like consecration less effectively that I would like, but no complaints.

Second game was really close. He says he got luck with the Wolfrider but he had a few crappy cards before he got to that and held on to the win. It was quite funny knowing I was using my high power guys to knock off his Silver Hand dudes just to stop myself from dying.

Enjoyed it though!

Lost 2-1, good fights. Miracle Rogue vs Healing Pally, Miracle Rogue vs Murloc Mage, Zoo Warlock of Doom vs Murloc Mage.

I should have gone with my gut and switched back to Pally for the last round. Oh well!

Kick everyone else's arse, please. ;)

Good games against Neg :hat: . Nice to see some imaginative decks! (from him :)) Murlocs, a healing Palladin, and even Cho made an appearance! Murlocs overwhelmed me in the 2nd game, but trusty Zoo edged me over. I think if you'd switched back to Pally you might have had me.

Just played Mentazm!

Our first match up was a demoralising start for me, in a Mage (me) vs Warrior (Mentazm) face-off. Neither of us really struggled to get going, but an early lacklustre card-draw and a need to play an early arcane intellect left me lagging, which Mentazm took full advantage of, controlling the board most of the time. When I did get a foothold, he played faceless manipulator and forced me to use my strong card to knock off his copy. It wasn't long until he beat me, finishing the game with more health than he started thanks to shields. 0-1.

The second match necessitated a change, so I went for Hunter and he switched over to Mage. This was a close game, with smart trades on both sides, but a lack of card draw meant that he ran out of cards at the late stage and I was able to get enough out to finish the job. 1-1.

The third match saw us return to our original decks. My Hunter was too close for comfort, and I thought if I got lucky with the Mage and tried a more offensive approach I could clinch it. The game started almost exactly the same way as before (me: skip; Mentazm: ring, 3/2 weapon, hit; me: swamp ooze; Mentazm: kill swamp ooze, board clear on both sides), but I no longer needed to play arcane intellect. I started dropping minions and Mentazm dealt with them, but they kept coming and he eventually ran out of cards and, by his own admission, hardly had any combos throughout the game. Through tactical face freezing to stop him weapon-ing up and taking out some valuable minions, I got through to another victory. 2-1 and gg!

Witty's internet is knackered at the moment so we'll get it played when we can. We were hoping it'd be fixed tonight but no such luck :)

Yeah, sorry about that. Plusnet were stating 24-48 hours for a resolution, which made last night possible but uncertain. As of this morning it's still down, unfortunately, but if they're good to their word, it should be back up tonight. I'll let you know.