IGNORED

Sky Go on Xbox 360 - Make the most of it.

Yoshimax

It's not going to be free anymore as of 29/7. You have to upgrade to sky go extra to keep it going.

That's that fucked then.

edit:

This is bound to apply to the PS4 and just announced Xbox One versions too. I wonder if bringing it out from behind the gold paywall has played any part.

Someone in the Eurogamer comments suggested that this was to combat people who didn't subscribe to Sky using a friend's or family member's login details to get free access to Sky content. I'm not sure why this would be more prevalent on consoles over tablets (or maybe it's not possible to do this) but certainly I know a couple of non-Sky customers watching Sky this way.

That's what I do. At the end of the day though they're just going to lose advertising revenue. Be interested to see the drop-off in viewers when it happens I know lots of people who only use their 360 for sky on the big TV now.

Someone in the Eurogamer comments suggested that this was to combat people who didn't subscribe to Sky using a friend's or family member's login details to get free access to Sky content. I'm not sure why this would be more prevalent on consoles over tablets (or maybe it's not possible to do this) but certainly I know a couple of non-Sky customers watching Sky this way.

So whilst more content providers are touting this as a feature (family sharing), of course it has to be Sky who goes the other way!

I guess I'll buy an HDMI and link up a laptop for it instead. I thought the not needing to have Gold to access apps on the 360 was an amazing move but just shows they're all cunts at the end of the day.

Fuck that's really really annoying. I use my Dads sky connection for my xbox 360. Admittedly at another address but he's cool with it and so am I...

How much is Sky Go Extra?

I read £2.50 a month for 6 months and a fiver thereafter it's not brutal but it's still shit.

Does this apply to laptops too? I was using my Dads login on my laptop. Doesnt affect me massively cause I recently got Sky anyway (£20.75 a month for every channel and HD was too good to turn down), but I still use my laptop upstairs.

fuck sky. Pay for a subscription to sky. Then watch as stuff gets moved across to sky sports that you have to pay more money for. Then wait for a special event that's pay per view on top of that. Never using them.

All whilst being subjected to adverts every ten minutes too!

fuck sky. Pay for a subscription to sky. Then watch as stuff gets moved across to sky sports that you have to pay more money for. Then wait for a special event that's pay per view on top of that. Never using them.

Yep, I cancelled when they introduced 'Sky Box Office' quite a few years ago. You could tell that was the thin end of the wedge.

• 4 weeks later...