Ridley Scott's Exodus:Gods and Kings - Bale, Edgerton

Goose

20th Century Fox has just revealed, via iTunes Movie Trailers, the trailer for director Ridley Scott's Exodus: Gods and Kings, starring Christian Bale, Joel Edgerton, Aaron Paul, John Turturro, Sigourney Weaver and Ben Kingsley. Check it out in the player below!

The December 12 release tells the story of one man’s daring courage to take on the might of an empire. Using state of the art visual effects and 3D immersion, Scott brings new life to the story of the defiant leader Moses (Bale) as he rises up against the Egyptian Pharaoh Ramses (Edgerton), setting 600,000 slaves on a monumental journey of escape from Egypt and its terrifying cycle of deadly plagues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJq7MBa7jHY

What's next, his stunning vision of The Bible as filtered through Emmanuel Velikovsky?

Close. His next film is 'Exodus' - the story of the Israelites flight from Eygpt, led by Christian Bale's Moses.

It apparently contains an "unconventional depiction of God" so who knows, he might be shoe-horning aliens into this film as well.

This exchange came after the news that Scott is setting up a show called 'Pharoah' at HBO, which will show how mankind is dragged forward by a race of advanced aliens, who descend on ancient Egypt and put humanity to work at building the pyramids for an unknown reason.

It also seems that he's not done with the Bible just yet, as he's now going to produce a King David movie. As in David and Goliath. It's unlikely he'll direct it as he's attached to both 'Prometheus 2' and 'The Martian' but it's likely that the chosen director will stick with the hyper-real tone he's set in 'Exodus', in an attempt at "branding" the Biblical movie as part of the Scott portfolio.

With these and 'Noah', we seem to be in the middle of a Biblical flick revival.

At least if he keeps churning out Bible shit it will hopefully slow down Prometheus 2 enough that his Blade Runner sequel never gets made. Bonus points if Prometheus 2 also never gets made.

You say that but wait until you see that BONESCRACKJESUS "King David" from the Bible is in fact, ANDROID David from Prometheus!

They've went back in time and he'[s used his superior android strength to whip that stone through Goliath's nut! Now he's ruling Israel with a full knowledge of the future to come! Where's Noomi Rapace? Who cares! Here comes an alien! In a chariot!

• 2 weeks later...

Bale looks completely miscast and out of place, to the extent that it's distracting me from everything else.

You're completely wrong. He will own it, I love what he did with Prometheus and the Bale/Scott combo can't go wrong...

I'm actually working on this film on the vfx and despite my cynicism about Ridley Scott these days it doesn't look too bad to be honest. I'm also not Bale's biggest fan by a long way, but the acting is decent amongst the main characters and I think it's well cast overall.

Please please please have Moses go up to get the Ten Commandments and it turns out it's an Engineer who carves them onto the rocks with a plasma cutter. Also, have said Engineer crouch up and hide behind the burning bush trying to suppress his laughter while he tells Moses all this shit he must do, and make a metric fuckton of BLACK GOO be one of the plagues of Egypt.

I'm actually working on this film on the vfx and despite my cynicism about Ridley Scott these days it doesn't look too bad to be honest. I'm also not Bale's biggest fan by a long way, but the acting is decent amongst the main characters and I think it's well cast overall.

Are you at Double Negative?

Do you know Jozef Czapski? He just left for a job at WETA.

Also stuff about Ridleys shit new movie. JESUSBONESCRACK etc

Know the name but not worked with him myself.

Fairplay going to WETA, apparently a lot of guys go there to get their deposit for a house. As you just work your butt off for a few months without spending any money.

Know the name but not worked with him myself.

Fairplay going to WETA, apparently a lot of guys go there to get their deposit for a house. As you just work your butt off for a few months without spending any money.

Yeah, I don't know him either. It's a big company these days, was only 150 people when I joined but was around 1000 last time I checked.

Weta is a good move for earning a fortune alright but they sure do get their pound of flesh in return. It's my plan B if everything goes to crap in London but I'd rather not. I like having a life.

• 5 months later...

I didn't know there were other VFX folk here! :o We at MPC also done some on this and I'm actually curious how it turned out.

I know Ridley is getting a hard time for some of the casting but I think his reply is fairly honest and true.