The aim was absolutely to make the film look like something you'd wanna see without giving any plot away. Hopefully we've succeeded. It isn't confusing not knowing what it's about?

Far Cry 3 was an influence for sure. As was heart of darkness. Although the film is far lower stakes than those.

definitely piqued my interest, nothing really drags me out to the cinema nowadays due to what a miserable and thankless experience that has become in general, but I'd watch it at home on a movie channel or streaming service for sure.

I'd want to know a little more though, I like that the trailer doesn't give much away but what genre is it, is it a gangster/crime gone wrong kind of thing or a sexy beast love story with the crime as a backdrop ?

It's a fairly simple story about a selfish young know it all who learns a few lessons about life and love by way of getting in with a bad crowd. It's got a bit more of a 70's vibe to it than spring breakers. It's quite lo fi

it makes more sense in the context of the movie. He thinks thats a life mantra, and it's exactly what gets him into trouble. But if you think its corny its worth noting.

This isnt the final trailer, we're still working on it

Love the imagery, the sense of India is definitely there. It reminded of Top Gear's cinematography, and not in a bad way. The mash-up of 80s culture plus a quite rural setting is interesting. I could feel the heat of the place. First thought I was, is this is City of God for a new decade (assuming it all works).

Downsides (and these are merely impressions based on a tiny teaser), is this going to be just another typical gangster movie in a different location, Lock, Stock stuff? And the dialogue was a bit cheesy. Most of the trailers I watch, the dialogue features the characters in a stage of doubt, asking questions (which the movie is supposedly going to answer) rather than characters declaring their life message.

Interested though. Would definitely watch if it had some positive word of mouth.

That looks the business man. Loving the orangey hue. No clue what it's about, but I already like the characters and the imagery and it definitely makes me want to watch it right now.

My only criticisms would be changing the tagline and i'm also not a huge fan of the pink font you used.

Release date?

I thought the imagery and the grade looked the absolutely stunning.

Only thoughts : it needed frontloading with either v/o or some better captions that at least gave a sense of what it was about before it all goes tits up. Just looks a bit random nice shotty at the start.

Kind words everyone, thanks so much. The pink font is quite polarising so we may change that, and I agree about front loading the teaser with some plot or sync, I don't like the first 15 secs too much.

And for Captain Lechuck, you can see the poster for the leap here: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm989839872/tt3213576?ref_=ttmd_md_nxt

Both films and the battle rap documentary should be finished around September. Something i've made might finally get released!

Nice :)

Unrelated, on the battle rap imdb page, my name in the credits links to someone else with my name :( any idea how I can fix that?

edit - looks like it might have updated since last time I checked and the names from the crowd sourcing might not be on there now?