A thread for people who own both a PS4 and Bone.

I thought Destiny had platform parity in regards to performance? 1080/30 on both PS4 and Xbox One.

Well, they've said it will be 1080p, but the beta was 900p, which means at the very least it will probably run a little worse, based on the fact they took longer to get it working at the correct resolution.

Also, I've got both and vote PS4. Mostly just based on the general game performance, look of the console, and the xbox pad gave me blisters when playing Fifa. Destiny seemed fine on both, and had no real problems with PSN. It did melt when first trying to get into the beta, but that only delayed me by an hour or so and was way more reliable that the Diablo 3 launch, which was a fucking joke.

I thought Destiny had platform parity in regards to performance? 1080/30 on both PS4 and Xbox One.

I bet the PS4 gets better shadows and shit.

Anyway, Jon made this thread to continue the war, and I congratulate him for that.

PS44EVAR

When it comes to Destiny, graphical fidelity is less important than who you want to play with. But if you're thinking further into the future than just Destiny, pick whichever console is most likely to cater to your tastes. Personally, I'd lean towards Xbone because of the Master Chief Collection - but seeing as I enjoy deathmatch in Destiny so much, I wonder if MC Collection would even get a look-in.

- but seeing as I enjoy deathmatch in Destiny so much, I wonder if MC Collection would even get a look-in.

That's my thinking too.. was originally planning on picking up a bone for the MC Collection but was really surprised at just how much the Destiny PvP stuff grabbed me!

...but then I look at all the remasted Halo 2 MP maps and Im back to square one again.

The xbones footprint has to be a factor, that and the huge power brick. I know what both consoles need, the ability to put wallpaper on the dashboards, why does that always take so long to implement.

I know its possibly daft to base a decision on console ownership based on one reason, but the fact that Naughty Dog is Sony ensured that I picked up a PS4. I suspect that an X1 will be bought sometime in the future but for now I'm happy I think.

Edit...one gripe I do have is that I find my thumbs slipping off the sticks! Don't know why, but it happens frequently!

I was shocked by how much Destiny reminded me of playing the original Halo. I was never much of a fan of the series after the first, but it's interesting that people who really love it have to choose between the brand and the best version of the new game from the actual talent which created the brand.

Destiny is fucking awesome though.

I really struggle to imagine the graphics being significantly better on Destiny, or the exclusive content being anything to give a shit about. Which is why I think for Jon it's likely to come down to friends list vs A Big Bag o' Halo, and why I think he'll get a Bone in the end.

Halo multiplayer would be my desert island game so I think it's entirely justified, in my case anyway. I am getting buyers remorse slightly but if it lasts me 7 years or whatever that's cool.

Ive no doubt it'll be great, I just have a game of Reach multi whenever i need a halo fix.

I played Destiny on both consoles and to be honest unless I was really, really looking hard I couldn't see a scrap of difference. When I was moving around slowly and paying close attention to the scenery I could see a bit more aliasing on the Bone but that's it. I might even have been imagining it.

I played Destiny on both consoles and to be honest unless I was really, really looking hard I couldn't see a scrap of difference. When I was moving around slowly and paying close attention to the scenery I could see a bit more aliasing on the Bone but that's it. I might even have been imagining it.

Destiny was designed for last-gen consoles first and then ressed up a bit for current-gen consoles. It was never going to be a graphical powerhouse and as a cross-gen game that started its development way back when, by definition it does absolutely nothing that the older consoles cannot do. But the artstyle is pretty great and if nothing else, playing at 1080p makes the artstyle look even better because you can see more of it. And a better framerate is always the ideal.

I've never seen the last gen console versions but on my next-gen stuff it certainly is pretty. If real next-gen stuff is going to look even better then I can't wait. My point though was that for Destiny anyway go by your friend lists when you pick a platform or like me if you hate everyone get the PS4 version. At least that way when you stream naked it won't end up on Twitch