IGNORED

Quantum Break

Nespresso

4 minutes ago, CarloOos said:

You can skip the TV shows, also on the basis of the first episode they seem to be largely focusing the ancillary chatacters rather than the main ones so I'm not sure how essential they are to follow the plot.  They're already toying with presenting the same events you encounter during gameplay from different perspectives though, so maybe they become more integral further into the game.

Trying to play this as a cover shooter (as some reviews have mentioned) is completely missing the point, it's very much in the Max Payne 3/Vanquish mould of being aggressive and dynamically using cover sparingly.

Oh thats fine then and I don't need to follow the plot. I have completed Halo 1,2 and 3 and ODST and Reach and I couldn't tell you the first thing about the plot other than shooty man goes to cool looking places and shoots aliens and different types of aliens (4 and 5 are on pile of shame )

Combat sounds good and different then or at least a twist on the usual I quite like cover with twist of aggression like that class in Mass Effect 2 I can never recall teh name of that can use cover than dash rush/damage enemies and shotgun them.

It was one of the main things mentioned at the TV TV TV E3 announcement for Xbone, so it wouldn't surprise me if some of the funding / push for the TV stuff was from MS but in vague defence of MS, Remedy always liked having acted bits and bobs, like with the TV shows in Alan Wake etc, so it might not all be MS's fault.

Having some odd graphical stuff going on in the first area of the game on the Xbox One. If the camera angle is at certain angles, any lights in the background become blinding white and the screen literally turns completely white and I can't see a fucking thing. That can't possibly be how it is meant to be can it?

I've only watched 1 episode of the show so far and it was pretty good. Adds a lot of background and motivation to certain characters. I'm hoping to be able to shoot a particular weaselly character later on in the game. As his such a little shit. :lol:

It feels very much like Fringe. Maybe because Lance Reddick is in both shows. Certainly for a show within a game it's very well acted. I choose 'Hardline' so all my decisions are going along that timeline. Will be interested in another play through to see the other choices.

A word on the combat. Yes playing this as a cover shooter will get you punished very quickly, even in act 1. I was watching a twitch stream and the guy playing kept doing it and getting fucked up. You get nearly all your powers in Act 1. Then it's risk and reward play as they have to charge when you use them, but you obviously get defensive and offensive powers. that you can then upgrade through the game. I like that approach as it gives you more options.

10 minutes ago, RB said:

Are the firefights as satisfying as they are in Max Payne? More so? Less so?

They feel very satisfying. A lot more slicker than I was expecting. The time powers obviously add to it, as you can zoom around. You even get the kill cam like in Max Payne. When you kill the last enemy in an area. I'm only fighting the grunts at the moment, I'm looking forward to seeing those guys that can also control time.

Edited by Roboplegic Wrongcock
double post

6 minutes ago, Roboplegic Wrongcock said:

They feel very satisfying. A lot more slicker than I was expecting. The time powers obviously add to it, as you can zoom around. You even get the kill cam like in Max Payne. When you kill the last enemy in an area. I'm only fighting the grunts at the moment, I'm looking forward to seeing those guys that can also control time.

I meant to ask about the final kill cam too. Glad that's in there :wub:

6 minutes ago, Roboplegic Wrongcock said:

I meant to ask about the final kill cam too. Glad that's in there :wub:

Just now, b00dles said:

The look of this just makes me wish they'd have just made Max Payne with this level of extra crap.

Or actually, that Rockstar make Max 4. In fact, I might even play it tonight.

The look of this just makes me wish they'd have just made Max Payne with this level of extra crap.

Yeah I'd love a Max Payne 4, but 3 just about covered costs, so I don't know.

Just now, b00dles said:

Yeah I'd love a Max Payne 4, but 3 just about covered costs, so I don't know.

Max Payne 3 is pretty much a masterpiece, as is often said airport level is incredible but the police station and the office assault are just as good.  If they brought out a jazzed up next gen version with skippable cutscenes I'd buy it in a heartbeat, hopefully it'll be added to BC instead.

7 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Is there going to be a whopping great patch waiting for me when I put this in the Xbox?

Is there going to be a whopping great patch waiting for me when I put this in the Xbox?

Buy digital, set console to instant on, never worry about a download or patch again!

(Sorry, I know this doesn't answer your question!)

I'm actually really enjoying this. The story is actually not bad either, but I am taking my time to grab and read all of the collectables. The TV Show bits are great to fill it in when you do this, but if you don't bother with the backstory and don't pay much attention to the actual story, then there really isn't much point. 

I'm actually really enjoying this. The story is actually not bad either, but I am taking my time to grab and read all of the collectables. The TV Show bits are great to fill it in when you do this, but if you don't bother with the backstory and don't pay much attention to the actual story, then there really isn't much point. 

Three acts in and I'm really, really enjoying this. The gunplay is much more satisfying than I expected and the powers have all proved useful under various circumstances. The story is decent and there's a load of stuff to find in each level to provide greater depth if you're interested in it.

4 hours ago, SteveH said:

Having some odd graphical stuff going on in the first area of the game on the Xbox One. If the camera angle is at certain angles, any lights in the background become blinding white and the screen literally turns completely white and I can't see a fucking thing. That can't possibly be how it is meant to be can it?

I had this after I suspended the game and returned to it - it isn't intentional. Rebooting the game fixed the issue for me and I've not had it since.

1 hour ago, Bastion said:

The next gen has arrived. God damn this game looks beautiful.

Yeah I just watched a gameplay video on my TV, whereas everything I've seen before has been on my phone. I was blown away.

1 hour ago, Bastion said:

The next gen has arrived. God damn this game looks beautiful.

Yeah I just watched a gameplay video on my TV, whereas everything I've seen before has been on my phone. I was blown away.

2 hours ago, RB said:

Buy digital, set console to instant on, never worry about a download or patch again!

(Sorry, I know this doesn't answer your question!)

Paying extra for not having to patch a game you then can't sell on. Sounds great!

And my copy didn't show up, anyway.

12 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Paying extra for not having to patch a game you then can't sell on. Sounds great!

I buy from the Singapore store, which is normally much cheaper. And even if it did cost a bit more, in my opinion the convenience is worth it. And there's also the fact you have it straight away.

I rarely sell games so the reselling thing doesn't bother me. I'm sure I've heard Microsoft are looking at a way to allow people to trade digital titles, but that could very well be a rumour.

12 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I buy from the Singapore store, which is normally much cheaper. And even if it did cost a bit more, in my opinion the convenience is worth it. And there's also the fact you have it straight away.

I rarely sell games so the reselling thing doesn't bother me. I'm sure I've heard Microsoft are looking at a way to allow people to trade digital titles, but that could very well be a rumour.

Act two is a big improvement on Act one which obviously has a lot to get through in teaching the mechanics and making introductions.  I chose PR and didn't really understand the emphasis on Liam in the TV segment, but his background and motivation is fleshed  out in the information available in Act two.  Also, I think I'm collecting a greater proportion of items including the chorine segments and time ripples, bu by no means all.  The opening sequences at the secret lab are wonderful (I think they were shown somewhere publicly) - now recorded as a game clip for future perusal!  Then I chose the Personal option since I was looking for more information on the background relationships and I'm not too bothered about who controls MonARK.  Lots of Alan Wake references throughout so far.

Glad I went with Xbox. The PC version is a complete joke. And it costs £50 even on the Indian Microsoft store.

What's mental is that it uses the same reconstruction technique on PC, so when you choose 1080p you're getting an image reconstructed from 720p and people with 980Tis still can't get 60fps out of it.

Hopefully my copy shows up today.

5 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Glad I went with Xbox. The PC version is a complete joke. And it costs £50 even on the Indian Microsoft store.

What's mental is that it uses the same reconstruction technique on PC, so when you choose 1080p you're getting an image reconstructed from 720p and people with 980Tis still can't get 60fps out of it.

Hopefully my copy shows up today.

I went with both through the pre-order on Xbox offer, but they haven't sent out the PC codes yet. I also see it as a nice, fun way to check out the awful hilarity of the Windows Store experience without any of the actual risk or cost. Looking at those screenshots it's not worth waiting for the PC code, it looks similarly blurry and grainy. Hope they at least fix the ghosting of the NPCs sometime before I finish the game. Once you see it it, you can't unsee it and it looks like every NPC is performing a Super Street Fighter II Turbo super move every time the move.

Apart from those graphical issues, the game itself makes a really good first impression. It has the same kind atmospheric worldbuilding that I loved in Alan Wake, and the same astonishing amount of convincing detail everywhere. Apart from the actual collectibles (which are optional bits of background story, and therefore fun and interesting to collect for a change!) it makes exploring the surroundings feel rewarding instead of a waste of time. Same as with Alan Wake you're spotting interesting areas in the distance that probably work as a nice bit of foreshadowing of where you will end up further on.

Haven't unlocked many time powers yet, but as a fan of Alan Wake I love what I've played so far. Can't wait to dive back in later tonight! :)

After reading the middling reviews I've got to say I was pretty disappointed, but it's good to see most people in here enjoying it. I won't write it off just yet then, but more non-spoilery impression please.