IGNORED

GEOMETRY WARS 3! Ex Bizzare staff Lucid Games on dev.

T Pot

Mother fucking Geo Wars 3 announced!!

After its website was revived last week, teasing a Gamescom announcement, publisher Sierra Games has been confirmed to be making a return. As an Activision subsidiary, it already has two projects it will be publishing: a new King's Quest and Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions.

Geometry Wars 3 will offer "full 3D action"--a potentially worrying prospect given its roots as a 2D twin-stick shooter--and both cooperative and competitive multiplayer. A single-player campaign will consist of 50 different challenges and more than 10 modes, five of which are said to be new. Players are promised a "consistently new experience each time they play" thanks to "dynamic and persistent progression."

Dimensions is in development at Lucid Games, a UK-based developer founded by former employees of defunct developer Bizarre Creations, the studio that originally developed the series (which started out as a mini-game in Project Gotham Racing 2). Original designer Stephen Cakebread, however, is not involved with the game, according to a tweet he sent out today. The game is due out sometime this holiday season on "more platforms ever before;" past Geometry Wars games have been released on Xbox 360, PC, Wii, DS, and iOS.

My mate will be very pleased to hear this. He's insanely good at Geometry Wars 2. Was watching a vid of him hitting 20 billon on Pacifist the other day. Dudes like Rainman :mellow:

I'll chuck this here for your viewing pleasure:

I need to rebuy a 360 jsut for this game!! It was madness when it came out my and my mate must have only played it for like 4 months constantly! best value game ever

According to journalist man Danny O'Dwyer on Twitter:

"Also the levels in Geometry Wars 3 aren't 2D anymore, they are straight up Mario Galaxy style 3D objects than you move around."

Sounds a lot like Super Stardust to me.

So Nano Assault Neo then. Which is great. But it isn't Geometry Wars.

My only issue with it is it's pretty short. And that it locked up my Wii U, I suppose, but that stopped after a few updates.

I wasn't a massive fan of Mutant Storm Reloaded, and Super Stardust isn't a patch on the original.