History of the Shinobi Series

Bluffers Guide to FPS

Making of Zynaps

Making of Sanitarium ( :hat: )

Making of Feud

Plus loads more and all the usuals!

post-19503-0-45350900-1407957051_thumb.j

• Upvote 3

No Top 25? That's like two issues in a row now. You feeling alright, Strider?

Worry not meh. That very issue has a top 25 atari 8-bit games while the next issue has a top 25 amiga games.

The issue after that is a top 25 list of lists that wind meh up.

• Upvote 1

Another good episode. The 7800 article is interesting because I went from the 2600 to the Amstrad, bypassing the 8bit consoles completely. I had friends with Master System's and one with a NES, so I was aware of those, but I never saw a 7800 in the wild. Seems a capable machine, bar the sound chip.

I think there's a Gabriel knight anniversary this year as I tried contacting Jane Jensen a few months ago.

She's doing a new release of the first game on PC, Mac and iOS from what I could find celebrating it :)

Another good episode. The 7800 article is interesting because I went from the 2600 to the Amstrad, bypassing the 8bit consoles completely. I had friends with Master System's and one with a NES, so I was aware of those, but I never saw a 7800 in the wild. Seems a capable machine, bar the sound chip.

I was given one for nowt in the mid-90s with a load of games, and I was so utterly underwhelmed by every cartridge I plugged into the thing. It excelled at fucking nothing - like some 80s version of the XBone.

Ninja Golf was fairly mad, though.

• Upvote 1

Fuck, somehow I missed that there's a Top 25 in this issue. God, they're fucking awful wastes of paper.

Fuck, somehow I missed that there's a Top 25 in this issue. God, they're fucking awful wastes of paper.

I'd disagree. If it was just a list and screenshot, then yes. Since it's much more than that - with developer quotes, interesting trivia and reader input - the features become both a collecting guide and a good starting point for newcomers to a format.

Just to clarify, the Shinobi feature is an "ultimate guide" to the original arcade game - looking at the conversions, an interview with C64 coder Simon Pick and a boss rush guide. Plus a boxout on other classic arcade bonus rounds.

Its the best bit of the issue

Why?

Because I get quoted in it.

Miner 2049er...

Why not give some juicy one liners for the next one - scariest moments? Try and get a quote from you on every single one.

"utter pish" meh

"Fanny baws" meh

"Pure dead brilliant" meh

You're Glaswegian, right?

I loved the article on Feud. I adored that game back in the day, but completely forgot what it was called until now!

Oh and I like the Top 25 features! The Gameboy one a couple of months back was particularly handy as my wife had just bought an Original Gameboy off eBay, so she was able to read up on which games she should look for.

I loved the article on Feud. I adored that game back in the day, but completely forgot what it was called until now!

Oh and I like the Top 25 features! The Gameboy one a couple of months back was particularly handy as my wife had just bought an Original Gameboy off eBay, so she was able to read up on which games she should look for.

Glad you enjoyed feud. I love it as well. Always nice to write about games you genuinely enjoy.
  • Upvote 1

Its the best bit of the issue

Why?

Because I get quoted in it.

Miner 2049er...

Why not give some juicy one liners for the next one - scariest moments? Try and get a quote from you on every single one.

"utter pish" meh

"Fanny baws" meh

"Pure dead brilliant" meh

You're Glaswegian, right?

That's fighting talk in Newcastle.

Ok then how about

"reet canny, man" meh

"Ah divvent give a shite, man, ya can aal stuff yaass taap twenny fyves" meh

Strider - would that get in the next RG?

I think my insane hatred of them comes from when the Dreamcast was DEAD, but the magazines refused to die - resulting in 95% of content being Top 25s.