Everybody's Golf - Sign up in the first post.

Bleeders

so done 1 9hole online daily tourney and focussed on single player - going thru the first 3 matchplay challengers against the CPU to make rank 2

worth checking out and exploring the home space, also online worth walking the course as loads of coins and stuff to pick up

the core golf and ball mechanics are so sound, and it looks beautiful in 4k.

great to have it back

somebody was asking about online setup I think - there is a menu option to create private rooms, name them, put a password on, set all the rules etc.

I just managed an official -8 on the inward 9 on the first course in a game against one of the CPU 'boss' characters.

It does make you work to unlock the courses, they don't all seem to be immediately accessible in single player or online daily ranked, you can only play a ranked online game if you've unlocked the 9 holes.

2 hours ago, Gotters said:

somebody was asking about online setup I think - there is a menu option to create private rooms, name them, put a password on, set all the rules etc.

I just managed an official -8 on the inward 9 on the first course in a game against one of the CPU 'boss' characters.

It does make you work to unlock the courses, they don't all seem to be immediately accessible in single player or online daily ranked, you can only play a ranked online game if you've unlocked the 9 holes.

ah thanks man!!! Amazing stuff!!

On Tournament Select, I recommend pressing square to “Toggle Serious Mode” on. It increases the AI a little bit for extra rewards. Older players won’t find it that much more challenging anyway but new players can benefit from it, I just had an awful round and still managed to be 4 strokes ahead of 2nd place. 

How is did you guys manage to begin unlocking courses? Is that just through stroke play?

Unlocking courses is thru single player - I think some folks will say its a bit grindy as you have to play quite a few half rounds and beat 'boss' characters to get the next 9 holes opened up.

I'll spoiler this bit as know some people will like to find it out for themselves, it regards abilities in the home area

Spoiler

I just unlocked the ability to swim in water - opportunity to unlock it came when I got my 50th birdie, then had to beat a secret character over 9 holes in a slightly tougher 1v1, with a 15s shot clock, tiny holes and play off the longer tees

Also driving a cart isn't opened up to you, i have the buggy there but have to play thru single player and beat  a specific character to be able to do it.

How do you switch to advanced shot mode?

Only had a couple of 9 hole rounds and struggling with timing, I have a new amp so may be different delay but I really don’t like the power bar method - game feels great of course but my word the UI is a mess!

I know, I haven’t found it yet and considering they added the “practice” timing thing to the demo screens tells me they haven’t added alaternate options!

I hope they do though, I’ve said before I think it will cost quite a few of us a handful of strokes until we adapt. 

EDIT - big single player mode spoiler.

The second boss character you face is based on Happy Gilmore!

I think it takes 9 9-hole rounds to level up each time and open new holes/courses. While it sounds a little grindy and might gain cricitism in reviews, I'm halfway through rank 2 and continually playing Eagle City doesn't feel like a grind at the moment. It would be bad if you got bored of the holes that quickly.

I'm loving everything about it so far, including the muzak, although that might need swapping out for a Spotify playlist over time.

1 hour ago, Salsa Party Animal said:

I will get this game on Tuesday and my PS4 Pro will be delivered within two weeks. Should I hold off playing it until I play on PS4 Pro or just play it now.  

Play it now, appreciate the Pro improvements all the more later.