rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
mechamonkey

Arcades in the movies

There's a very brief clip of Never Say Never Again in that video, but they missed the most obvious scene from the movie - even though it's not an arcade, it's an '80s videogame scene, so it should fit right in:

And more recently: the dance game in Scott Pilgrim.

• Upvote 1

Just a video I spotted on YouTube some great cabs in this :)

Any more you can think of?

Here's my submission the Macross cab in the Eastenders Cafe

macross2.jpg

thats the game that is always in 'press start' mode in the cafe! I would imagine this is for continuity issues.

also that program often uses the FX from Defender when Billy and or the other no hopers are playing on a wii or an XBOX :D

Not that I watch it, is Ally still running OZCabs???

Referencing Ally running OzCabs just means you're a long time eastenders fan. You've probably got the action figures and the lunchbox :P

Not Guilty, Coronation Street on the other hand... I want the rovers return action set for christmas.

• Upvote 1

Anyone remember the film "Cloak and Dagger", 80s film starting the kid that played Elliot in ET?

The whole premise is around an arcade game called.. Cloak and Dagger that turns into a real life spy adventure. Atari made a game specifically for the film, although it was never released.

I really wanted to play it....

And you've also got The Last Starfighter...

Anyone remember the film "Cloak and Dagger", 80s film starting the kid that played Elliot in ET?

The whole premise is around an arcade game called.. Cloak and Dagger that turns into a real life spy adventure. Atari made a game specifically for the film, although it was never released.

I really wanted to play it....

And you've also got The Last Starfighter...

It was released as an arcade game.

Tom hanks' Big was on tonight. You can see an Outrun standup very clearly at the end when he goes back to the Zoltan machine

Ha I noticed that....and as if they were ever going to be able to make that "video comic" they pitch at the board meeting near the end (especially for $9 ) it's a 10" flat screen like a tablet and it's the early 80's wher a 65kg CRT was considered slimline, but hats off for forward thinking.

• Upvote 1