shadowrun appears to be free with xb gold

Preacher

I believe the servers are shut down, yes, which makes it pointless. A shame though as it actually was a very nice multiplayer shooter - and I say this as somebody who doesn't like multiplayer shooters. The incorporation of magical abilities and melee really livened things up. Teleporting through a wall to kill the enemy behind it was always entertaining.

Just a shame there was no single player component, and that it flopped utterly, really.

You're probably thinking of the new Shadowrun RPG for good word of mouth (or maybe the old SNES/Mega Drive games), not the cross-platform multiplayer shooter which got mediocre reactions at best from press and players and was basically forgotten very quickly.

Honestly, I DO mean the multiplayer shooter. I've got someone on my friends list who still plays it regularly to this day. Which means....

I believe the servers are shut down, yes, which makes it pointless.

Can't be right. IIRC, it was server-based, but shifted to P2P when FASA went under.