IGNORED

Daredevil - TV Series

Spleen

Marvel feel like they've brought it all home by creating the MCU in-house. DC still feel like they're handing out their properties to a bunch of jerks.

Just realised I had only watched the penultimate ep! I wondered why people were going on about his costume. Egg and my face are in alignment.

Just started watching ep 3. I like that it's a slow burner as it gives you time to get to know the characters. My wife thinks its a bit like Sherlock, just with more violence.

One think that is bothering me, if this is the same universe as Avengers, why isn't Stark Tower in the wide shots of NYC?

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed it a lot but a couple of odd plot questions:

1. What was the deal with the weird kid in a shipping crate that Scott Glen killed (off screen)?

2. Madame Gao's line to Leland in the penultimate episode about her home being a LOT further away than China had me thinking she may be from off planet. As this is set post-Avengers Battle of New York, is that what she was hinting at - she's from another of the Realms? Or am I reading too much into it?

• 4 weeks later...

The more comic book savvy viewers have speculated that Gao could be The Crane Mother, one of Ironfist's recurring villains. If so she's from one of "The seven capital cities of heaven" which are indeed rather other worldly. Nobu's Ninja outfit also seems to be a nod to The Hand, a clan of ninjas who have previously fought Daredevil, Ironfist and Stone, who is the dude with all the scars that Stick reports back to at the end of his episode. Oh, and the symbol on Gao's drugs is the Steel Serpent's (Ironfist's arch nemesis) logo.

This could all be tied in with the upcoming Ironfist series or they might all just be fun Easter eggs as the show is absolutely packed with them.

When watching the series I did find it interesting how keen the show seemed to tease andv reference Iron Fist, especially now that there's been quite a few rumours that suggest Marvel doesn't quite know what to do with it ATM. He is one of the more awkward characters to adapt because of the weird incongruity between the mystical stereotypical China stuff and the fact the character is basically a blond Tony Stark minus the suit plus insane martial arts.

Do it right though and it could be brilliant.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished watching it and loved it from start to finish. I think the casting is great and like I said previously, I thought Foggy was ok and provided the comic relief that the show needs.

VDN is by far the stand out of them all though. He was fantastic as Fisk and should really be getting some awards for it. They played a blinder picking him for Kingpin.

Can't wait for more and really happy to hear about the inclusion of The Punisher in season 2. Great casting too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...