IGNORED

Daredevil - TV Series

Spleen

I think Netflix were pretty smart giving only the first five episodes to critics, as watching it yesterday, I kind of felt the whole thing fell off a cliff around episode nine.

Just endless, needlessly long talking scenes reiterating things that you already knew, and very little plot or action. It was as if they just ran out of money or something.

Last episode pulled it back a bit, but there were at least 4 hours of wheel-spinning in there that really started to try my patience a bit by the end.

And would it have killed them to have put Fisk in a white suit for gosh sakes? Even just once?

What I like most about this is that Murdock and Fisk are shown as being two sides of the same coin; both driven by demons and denied a 'normal' life due to their obsessional causes. It's a commendable choice to make the villain as pitiable as the hero.

Just endless, needlessly long talking scenes reiterating things that you already knew, and very little plot or action. It was as if they just ran out of money or something.

Just finished it, and I do agree that it sagged a bit, before picking up again. A bit like the recent Bloodline, I think it would have been better with a ten episode run.

Having said that, I still think it's been pretty fantastic, and a real step up for superhero shows.

Watched the whole thing over 2 nights and absolutely loved it. Not really familiar with Daredevil other than the film but this was wonderful. Very compelling, great storytelling and I thought both Vincent D'Onofrio and Charlie Cox were excellent in their respective rolls. Hope we get a season two. Surprisingly brutal as well, I thought I might be able to show this to my 5 year old nephew before watching it, absolutely not after watching the first few episodes :lol:

One thing that keeps bothering me, but can't really be helped -

Whenever I hear Fisk talk, I keep getting flashbacks to Vincent D'Onofrio's turn as the cockroach in Men In Black.

It's not spoiled because of plot points, it's just something that can't be un-noticed once you realise it.

One thing that keeps bothering me, but can't really be helped -

Whenever I hear Fisk talk, I keep getting flashbacks to Vincent D'Onofrio's turn as the cockroach in Men In Black.

It's not spoiled because of plot points, it's just something that can't be un-noticed once you realise it.

I'm exactly the same with Avengers: Age of Ultron. Finally got round to watching the final season of The Office US a couple of weeks ago and all the trailers now make it sound like the Avengers will be facing off against Robert California. Can't say it does anything to diminish the threat earth's mightiest heros are facing though.

Any idea what Gao was on about when she

was going home "a considerable distance farther" than China?

Spec for future shows

The Steel Serpent symbol on her Heroin is linked to Iron Fist villian, Steel Serpent...so it might have something to do with him/his villians/locations (trying to be vague)

Less vague spoiler/spec

K'un L'un or Madripoor I'm guessing

Or I'ne seen spec she's the Crane Mother from a different of the Capital City of Heaven. Depends how much Iron Fist mythos they use.

Oh god, need more. I don't even want to look into it to find out the next series is due in 2016 or something.

Edit: By the way, for digital comic buyers, there's a sale on DD stuff at Comixology. Born Again is £2.99, which is tremendously bargainous. Ends tonight though!

I just finished watching through and thought it was great!

All the saving my city stuff is a bit worn after arrow though.

Did I miss something about the name reveal at the end? They didn't really hint about daredevil before the headline other than devil of hill's kitchen, did they?

I just finished watching through and thought it was great!

All the saving my city stuff is a bit worn after arrow though.

Did I miss something about the name reveal at the end? They didn't really hint about daredevil before the headline other than devil of hill's kitchen, did they?

x240-dI8.jpg

Sorry, had to!

Loved the series, enjoyed the pace and can't wait for Jessica Jones!

Really liked the teases of

Elektra, the Hand and the Iron Fist mythology too :)

Finished episode two a little earlier, loved those final 5 or so minutes, especially the bloke who tries to go into the room that Matts in :lol: Made me want to watch Oldboy too, which is never a bad thing

Chocky, as per your spoiler, I got the second and third things but I must have totally missed the first. Where was that hinted?

Personally, if Matt ever comes across a blonde, robot girl and goes to a massive, seemingly deserted mansion, I'm really going to lose my shit! :omg:

The end of ep 2

Having it as a long take (even with hidden cuts) was amazing and not something I expected from a TV show. It means you can actually see the fights.

I like how it feels like a netflix tv show as opposed to a tv show on netflix. As in it stands up to binging a few episodes or watching one at a time.