IGNORED

Daredevil - TV Series

Spleen

The gulf in quality between this and Agents of L.O.W.B.U.D.G.E.T is quite something.

Totally. Agents of Shield reminds me of something the Wachowskies said about Enter The Matrix, nobody wants to play a Superman game without Superman in it. Similarly why would you want to watch a Marvel TV show with no fecking heroes?

Or at least let Wilson Fisk loose on them to thin the herd a bit.

In terms of this loved it, but found episode 13 a bit lacking actually. Any bets for the next magnificently murderous bastard villain for next season?!

He does not get much better. You like him more by the end.

So I've now watched them all. I think it was great. I think it was jon cybernet that suggested he thought it lulled in the later third, but I didn't feel that at all. We'd had 6 or 7 episodes that had taken place over a very short period of time and, without wanting to spoil anything, I think the rest and space that occurred in the run-up to the finale gave the programme chance to breathe and take stock as much as it did the characters.

I was a bit disappointed that

they killed off Wesley and Urich. I thought they had a bit more to offer than Karen. Leland and Vanessa as caretaker bosses seems less compelling to me than Wesley. My other main issue with the show was that, given the tiny timespan that had elapsed, I found Vanessa's attachment to Wilson unconvincing.

Other than that, I thought it was really good.

Not seen this yet but Foggy looks distractingly like a younger Toby Jones, I just wanna punch him already.

Yeah I thought that too, however, I don't mind Foggy. He's a hard character to nail but he's likeable enough in the series.

I agree that while he doesn't improve you do end up warming to Foggy as the series progresses. I think that the

college flashbacks

help with that.

I'll say again how amazed I am that they

kill Urich!

. I mean this is MCU and that character is a staple of

Spider-Man as well, who of course is also now in the MCU, so they can't use him in any Spider-Man solo films either.

I saw some bad reviews of this which confused me, they seemed to want it to have a snappier pace and be more episodic. I dont get that at all, really, pointless episodic supervillain of the week stuff which has nothing to do with the story drags down all the other superhero shows on TV, even (to an extent) the good one, Arrow. This feels like something more akin to an HBO show except with martial arts. And that is great.

Also Foggy is fine, don't see how he is annoying, but maybe I just say that because I have very good friends with the same sort of personality?

I'm mostly enjoying this but it's got such weird pacing that I find myself getting bored often throughout an episode. I'm only up to the end of episode 3 and that one in particular was a real chore, bar the start and the ending.

Gripes aside though, I love the look of the show, Charlie Cox is really good as Murdoch and Foggy's fine. He's fine. I'll always have time for Deborah Ann Woll; I love her.

I...I figured he would be a moral compass for daredevil stopping him from losing his humanity but then in the show he does not seem super moral. (TThough he does care for the community I guess).

He is in many aspects, even when he doesn't know Matt is Daredevil. Foggy's character in the comics generally changed depending on who was writing him.

I'm not utterly similar with Foggy in the comics. Is he a similar character. I'm only 4 eps in but I'm not sure what role is he meant to play?

I like to think he's a comic punchline that builds across the season. Do not read unless you've finished S1.

Starting with Murdock being better with women than him. Building with Murdock having no interest in their new secretary, and her being besotted by him, while Foggy is so sexually non threatening that she's shocked when someone points out he's crazy about her. And, finally, the climax where Foggy learns that his chum is also a kick ass vigilante with super senses. At that point I expected him to stare at the sky and yell 'Are you fucking KIDDING me?!?'

Just finished episode 8. Really enjoying it, the fight scenes are amazing, but like some one said a few pages ago, I find it a little distracting sometimes that he looks right at people when he's talking to them, or sometimes he looks at things when he's touching them etc. I know he's supposed to be hyper-aware of what's around him and where things are, but I occasionally find it a bit difficult to swallow and find myself following his eyes instead of the dialogue.

Other than that absolutely love it, Charlie Cox is brilliant and the casting in general is superb.