IGNORED

Daredevil - TV Series

Spleen

Finished first episode last night, just didn't enjoy it much. I got through it and it provided some entertainment but that's about it. Everyone seems so bland, even the main guy is just so dry.

I also don't enjoy superhero movies. I should just give up with this, right?

Capwn, is there anything you actually do like.

Wrestling and movies about talking cats.

I'm tempted to watch episode 2, perhaps judging it on one episode is a bit much. Also I know NOTHING about Daredevil, I went into this not even knowing he's a blind superhero. Even his power isn't that exciting, so his super power is that he's able to hear things far away?

It's a bit more than that. His other senses are heightened to an almost ridiculous degree, so he experiences far more than most normal people. They do build on what his powers are, further into the season. He's a bit like one of those blind kung fu masters from old martial arts movies who are more switched on to the world around them... they might be blind, but their eyes are truly open, that kind of thing.

He also has magic regeneration powers which are repeatedly passed off with some Good Old Bullshit because any more screen-minutes of watching him sitting there recovering from a kicking would be boring.

It somehow seems even more ludicrous to me solely because his other powers aren't as overtly ludicrous as your average superhero's. If he could shoot magic lightning from his anus, or something, I'd buy the magic regeneration story without skipping a beat.

Tell me more about baldy or I will through you off the roof!

There is loads to like about this show and I really do but I always thought that as a viewer you always knew everything (never read a comic), it wasn't particularity tense even when they had like, six strands going on?

You always knew more than the characters did so I guess there is no real drama. Not really a bad thing because there are some very decent characters in this, the Kingpin is wonderful! And then there is all of the punching and it looks lovely. It's my favourite show right now, it's the opposite to game of thrones because I actually thought that the million characters in that had sailed off in a row boat at the end of the last season and it had finished.

I'm a big fan of Arrow and The Flash, but after watching this I'm questioning the quality of those two shows. This was on another level. Almost perfect in every aspect. Really looking forward to the rest of the Netflix Marvel shows, hope they can keep this level of quality going.

Just finished it. Really enjoyed it all told. Not as dark as I'd been led to believe but a decent enough romp.

My only slight criticism is I actually don't think the fight scenes quite lived up to the hype. I thought the stylistic direction they were going to take was set out by that end scene in episode 2 ( which was truly magnificent) - but they never did anything like that again, falling back on the heavily edited Hollywood Kung fu style.

I finished watching the series a few days ago and have been thinking about how I feel about it ever since. Overall I really enjoyed Daredevil and would happily take a second season as soon as it was made. But it wasn't quite as brilliant as some initial hype made it out to be.

There are only a few moments that have really stuck with me.

THAT fight scene at the end of the second episode that has quite rightly been talked about a lot. The other being the faceoff scene that closed out episode eleven. I didn't expect that to happen and really left me thinking "Oh shit!"

I'd have loved the fight with Nodu to be a highlight, but I think cutting the fight up and putting the episodes story in between it in chunks really diluted it.

I didn't have a problem with Foggy, I liked that Matt had someone more emotionally open to spar off, both when cheerful and sad, to draw that out.

What I didn't like was Daredevil's final costume though, almost wished he'd stayed in his early get up.

I really liked this overall. Beautifully shot. Foggy and Karen worked for me. The Kingpin was more interesting than Daredevil, and far more interesting than I remember him in the comics.

But there were problems: Odd pacing sometimes.

Minor spoilers below and Season 2 speculation:

The final suit didn't quite work, the previous one was more menacing. The final fight between Daredevil and Kingpin was underwhelming, and that final hit from Daredevil was so clichéd.

Also I worry about Season 2. Killing off *that* major Daredevil character near the end of Season 1 was brave, but leaves a bit of a hole in terms of plot development opportunities for Season 2. I think it looks like The Hand will play a big role in Season 2, which is a pity because they are just a rather dull ninja gang without an iconic head like Ra's in DC. Hopefully they bring "that Greek girl" Foggy dated at College into it, we need character development that can rival what we saw from Fisk in Season 1.

Eh? It's been out 2 weeks now. That's well within the forum guidelines. And I tried to be unspecific about stuff, I'm not trying to be a dick.

What are you doing reading a thread of something you want to watch weeks after it has aired? That's not a good idea if you want to go in fresh.

Have edited some in now anyway.

I just finished that and really enjoyed it, I'm not usually into the Marvel comic films/series so the fact this held my attention meant it did something right for me (though I do find once i start watching something on Netflix its so tempting to just let it click thru to the next ep so I watch by inertia)

My biggest complaint is that I felt it was bit light on plot to carry 13 almost hour long episodes, it did sag a bit in the middle eps and didn't feel like much was happening.

Overall though I'd definitely watch a second series.

Just me or does anybody else think Deborah Ann Woll is a shoe in for the part of Sally if they ever make a live action remake of Nightmare Before Xmas ?

I've only got a couple of episodes to go, been enjoying it but it really does lose any sense of belief in a few of the later fights, and it feels a bit too over the top 'trying hard' whenever they do beheading/spikes deaths sort of stuff. Really not needed, guess it makes the kids 'ooo'.

Yeah, Kingpin's great. I wanted him to be fatter though. 90's Spider-Man fat.