IGNORED

Another ZX Spectrum device indiegogo fundraiser

SeanR

To be fair, I don't have much sympathy with anyone who accepted a unit with no games on it.  I said at the time it was a big risk. Did they expect a pristine, functioning unit that was just missing the software, given all that has gone on?

2 hours ago, PeteBrant said:

To be fair, I don't have much sympathy with anyone who accepted a unit with no games on it.  I said at the time it was a big risk. Did they expect a pristine, functioning unit that was just missing the software, given all that has gone on?

Although to be fair, if they have a unit that can just about play 1 game, that's 1 game more than everyone else has or will ever likely have.

3 hours ago, cubik said:

According to the comments on YouTube, the guy who posted pictures of his unit yesterday has been blocked from commenting on IGG. 

What a shower of shite. 

So has lee fogarty, so... Every cloud. ^_^

except he he was the closest thing those 4 backers had to after sales customer service.

DOH!

Who will write the key map files now?

Never mind, from what's being discussed on Twitter and IGG, you can only have one per SD card.

That combined with the lack of instructions, shoddy packaging, scratches, buttons that don't work well and screen that permanently lights up when you charge it mean that even Gamezville would score this zero Gs. 

42 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Another one delivered by RM... as is :lol: What sort of lug nut thinks you just post something like that!

38071423_1915947441795795_7298861349738643456_n.jpg

I know the screen stays on during charging, but surely they didn't ship it turned on.

and where's the ecologically sound tissue paper packaging?

13 minutes ago, SeanR said:

I know the screen stays on during charging, but surely they didn't ship it turned on.

and where's the ecologically sound tissue paper packaging?

Maybe the battery is just that good? :lol:

And the paper packaging is that single sheet.. under the console. They were so busy packing all 5000 they forgot to even crumple it up.

1 hour ago, Lorfarius said:

Another one delivered by RM... as is :lol: What sort of lug nut thinks you just post something like that!

38071423_1915947441795795_7298861349738643456_n.jpg

Somehow that packaging image manages to outdo the previous horror-show:

9YMyTZ3.jpg

4 minutes ago, InUpDown said:

why has Twatty McTwatface surfaced again in the IGG comments, acting like RCL's tech support guru? I thought he'd officially distanced himself from the project.

He's got a surprise coming soon.. Andrews has been holding off taking him to court but it's not far off :lol:

I never thought I'd say much in his defence but at least he's actually trying to help out, which is more than you can say for RCL who couldn't even be arsed to write a single page instruction manual.

One of the backers can't get any games working via SD card, I'm not sure if I've seen anyone else mention that they've got anything working. At this point, receiving one of these is a bigger insult than getting nothing. Getting nothing is a sign of a failed business, this is more like being trolled.