rllmuk
joffocakes

Street Fighter V Champion Edition - 14th February 2020

i just updated this the other day in anticipation so i wouldn't have too much to download.

if thats it, then i probably shouldn't have bothered. i dont know the cop lady, might give her a try, as i have loads of fight money saved.

honda should never have come back. my mains from 3 and 4 are never coming back. no makoto, necro or viper!

i should probably have just stuck with laura from the beginning.

• Downvote 1

Is it just me or are some of Lucia's vocal interjections basically alternate takes of Sakura's?

I didn't follow SF4 much by the time Poison came out but wasn't she more of a zoner before?

Honda returning is nice, but I sold SFV months ago because I found myself spending more time with other fighters (3rd Strike and DBFZ)... :blush: Maybe I'll come back after more characters turn up and there's a new edition with all of the content. :) 

SF4 Poison had three different fireballs that went different ranges and an EX one that went full screen really fast for two hits. 

She could then mix up which fireball to use to bait responses from the opponent as the short range one just hung out in front of her and would punish people for trying to jump over or go through it. 

I thought it it was a really interesting take on a fireball zoner. She also had amazing mid-range footsie buttons but this was tempered by terrible walk speed. 

Excellent zoning and a focus on long/mid range control over 99 long seconds isn’t a great fit for SFV though so I’m not surprised she’s been redone. 

I like the whip attacks a lot. Reminds me of, well, Whip, from KOF. 

Just seeing that gif reminds me how much I dislike SF5's art direction :( A personal thing of course, and we've been down this road before, but I had forgotten how shit it really is.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Just seeing that gif reminds me how much I dislike SF5's art direction :( A personal thing of course, and we've been down this road before, but I had forgotten how shit it really is.

Haha, I love the look of the Metro City stage and, especially since I've been playing MK11 a lot recently, the animations look wonderful.

18 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

Haha, I love the look of the Metro City stage and, especially since I've been playing MK11 a lot recently, the animations look wonderful.

It probably doesn't help that I don't compare it to MK but SF3 and previous Capcom 2D gorgeousness :(

2 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

this x100, I hate the Art direction too, really grates me.

• Upvote 2

My favourite is MvC2 I think. So stylish. This Wolverine figure is so close to it, in my opinion:

B4EF1EDE-14A6-460F-BB73-78E08647DE3C.jpeg

A quick reminder that we have a discord - not just for SF but fighting games in general - if you want to talk tournaments in real-time but don't want to go near Twitch chat...

On 06/04/2016 at 23:24, Jonster said:

Turns out I may have set up the discord link with an expiry time. Oops. 

This one: https://discord.gg/0viBAEH3zEqRYlb0 should never run out. 

It turns out Valve was responsible for the leaked character announcement:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/310950/discussions/0/1639792569843033220/

Dear Street Fighter V Fans,

On Wednesday of this week there was a mix-up in the publishing process at Valve that caused a trailer to go live on Steam ahead of schedule. The trailer includes the major reveal of Poison, Lucia, and E. Honda as characters joining the fighter roster. 

It’s a regrettable and unintentional situation, and we have already implemented measures to prevent this error from happening again. We are fans of Street Fighter ourselves and we’re sorry for the error. 

-The Steam Team

The way he’s cleanly dismantled Haitani two tournaments in a row has been a joy to behold. For all the talk of robberies and the instability of the game, he is winning with clean Streetfighter 2 neutral and almost nothing else. Old Zeku might as well have been custom made for Infexious. 

Us fighting game nerds in Manchester and Leeds have been saying for almost ten years now that if he could go full time with fighting games he’d be up there with the best in the world and this season it’s finally happened. 

I was was still up at 5am shouting at my screen as he destroyed Fujimura to make top 8 winners.

I can’t think of any more deserving player and it is so fitting that he’s on Daigo’s team. I’ve seen him sit for five hours straight at a set up practising the same punish  over and over again, seemingly without blinking. The man is a Street Fighter machine and you will not find a more passionate or dedicated player. I remember when he used to wreck us all at the Manchester SF4 ranking battles and talked about sending his arcade stick to his parents to keep locked away so he wouldn’t be distracted at university. :D 

Even more importantly though, he is an absolute gentleman. You will never, ever hear him criticising another player or making excuses for his losses. Despite his stoic appearance when he’s playing, he’s one of the most friendly and approachable guys in the European scene. Never brings any negativity with him and will chat theory fighter, ask questions and offer advice to a brand new player in exactly the same way he would with his fellow world class players. 

Top guy, outstanding player, I will lose my mind if he takes the whole thing tonight!

• Upvote 3

Woke up this morning hoping to catch up on the last 6 hours but I think youtube processing had put paid to those plans.

I did watch the Haitani v Infexious match that got uploaded separately though and honestly it was one of the few I've seen this year where the player looks capable enough and hungry enough to take it. Absolutely rooting for him all the way!

Also I doubly hope he wins because then I can start bragging about that time I beat him with my pocket Sagat at Heggwest

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

OMG OMG OMG

My best mate made top 8 at EVO!!!!!!!!!!!!

JLM already made a perfect post about Dmahl!  Everything he said is so true.

• Upvote 5