Street Fighter V Champion Edition - Oro, Akira and... Luke?

joffocakes

Very weird, I thought Sak's face was fine. Hadn't even occurred to me to change it. Ibuki, on the other hand:

image.png.73ed1de61f0072891a5c198980b78388.png

Been playing loads of this lately. Still been too lazy to put time in with Strive. Got Laura to Diamond rank, now I play Cody and play pass the stick ranked on a friend's account to see if we can get another Diamond.  Downloaded Oro today also. Please let me know if anyone wants to beat up my day 1 Oro. 

I actually thought the characters arrived tomorrow until I saw folk posting setups and combos online. Had a quick go of the trials and Akira's last VTrigger 2 one was way trickier than I expected. I just though that was gonna be a Yun press buttons affair, rather than a crouch-cancel thing. Dunno what it'll mean for her pressure and damage potential other than that I'm definitely not using it, haha.

• 4 weeks later...

The update planned for this year which included Luke, balance changes and Pro Tour stages/costumes has been delayed until March so as not to conflict with the current Pro Tour schedule. I think this is the first time we've seen Luke's alternative costumes too. Retains the Capcom colour scheme and USA/military stylings so speculate away as to which characters he's connected to (Nash? Guile? Captain Commando?). Or don't, because who cares.

Oh wow, sounds like they are going to grind out SFV for another year. SFVI needs to fall on the start of a Capcom Pro Tour so if they’ve delayed this DLC release then there’s no chance of VI coming out next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, it really is the end for this game when there’s an update showcase on the final character and this thread doesn’t move!

Speculation that Luke’s V Skill 2 is a mechanic for Street Fighter 6. It’s basically an attack that beats throws.

That thought makes me worried about reversing the 'just take the throw' cliche being as much a part of the design motivation for VI as 'zoning is cheap' seemed to be for V.

It's funny, the DLC characters have been largely very good as the game's progressed and the mechanics have become so much better over time (possibly due to Ono moving aside and new blood coming to the fore) so I was really optimistic about VI. Then this character comes along and I don't know what to think anymore!