rllmuk
joffocakes

Street Fighter V Champion Edition - Seth Becomes Her

That air special reminds me of Adon (old Seth's been peepin' again), and Adon reminds me how much slower this game is than slower-than-norm IV. But as many have said, IV did have some nimbler characters. When I played V I used Cammy (I apologise for nothing!), and even she felt like a tank.

Street Fighter V has another free trial on both PS4 and Steam from now until 8th February, this time with every character unlocked (barring Seth who doesn't release until the 14th).

There's a new Capcom blog post outlining all the content included in Champion Edition (£24.99, or £19.99 to upgrade from an older version):

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dancom/blog/2020/02/07/street-fighter-v-champion-edition-content-list

The things you dont get are the content from the four (expensive) Pro Tour DLC packs:

2016 (Ring Of Destiny stage, Cammy, Chun-Li, Necalli costumes, EX02 colors, 2 titles)

2017 (Ring Of Pride stage, Ryu, Ken, Guile costume, EX03 colors, 2 titles)

2018 (Ring Of Power stage, Akuma, Sakura, Birdie costumes, EX05 colors, 5 titles, 2 profile themes

2019 (Ring Of Justice stage, Kage, Sagat, Rashid costumes, EX08 colors, 5 titles, 2 profile themes)

And the below costumes, which can't be purchased with money since they have to be won in the game's Fighting Chance:

Cammy’s "Cannon Spike" costume

Sagat’s "Classic" costume

Balrog’s "Mike-Like" costume

Vega’s "Classic" costume

Nash’s "Cannon Spike" costume

M. Bison’s "Classic" costume

Zangief’s "The Gief" costume

Dhalsim’s "Classic" costume

M. Bison’s "Psycho Miasma" costume

Balrog’s "No Escape" costume

I'd expect one final 2020 CPT DLC pack to be announced once the competitive season is underway and no doubt more costumes, unless this is really it for SFV.

• Upvote 2

I'm planning to buy the Champion Edition , but I still have 600,000 FM still in my account. Is there anything left to actually buy with that?

Just the Fighting Chance costumes and Dojo Items/Survival consumables. Unless something more is announced in future.

Fight Money was a decent idea, poorly executed. 

• Upvote 1

On 07/02/2020 at 22:34, joffocakes said:

There's a new Capcom blog post outlining all the content included in Champion Edition (£24.99, or £19.99 to upgrade from an older version):

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dancom/blog/2020/02/07/street-fighter-v-champion-edition-content-list

The things you dont get are the content from the four (expensive) Pro Tour DLC packs:

2016 (Ring Of Destiny stage, Cammy, Chun-Li, Necalli costumes, EX02 colors, 2 titles)

2017 (Ring Of Pride stage, Ryu, Ken, Guile costume, EX03 colors, 2 titles)

2018 (Ring Of Power stage, Akuma, Sakura, Birdie costumes, EX05 colors, 5 titles, 2 profile themes

2019 (Ring Of Justice stage, Kage, Sagat, Rashid costumes, EX08 colors, 5 titles, 2 profile themes)

And the below costumes, which can't be purchased with money since they have to be won in the game's Fighting Chance:

Cammy’s "Cannon Spike" costume

Sagat’s "Classic" costume

Balrog’s "Mike-Like" costume

Vega’s "Classic" costume

Nash’s "Cannon Spike" costume

M. Bison’s "Classic" costume

Zangief’s "The Gief" costume

Dhalsim’s "Classic" costume

M. Bison’s "Psycho Miasma" costume

Balrog’s "No Escape" costume

I'd expect one final 2020 CPT DLC pack to be announced once the competitive season is underway and no doubt more costumes, unless this is really it for SFV.

Taunt! Joffo is there any way to buy the old CPT costumes? Started playing again and want the Guile on that Nuckle Du designed

• Upvote 1

Yeah they put the CPT bundles back on sale during the Pro Tour so it'll come around again I'm sure. Usually at a discounted price since the packs were a wild £19.99 each initially. They've been as low as £3.99 for the 2016 one and £5.99 for 2017 (the one with Du's Guile).

• Upvote 2

The CPT bundle with all the Final Fight characters in the background is amazing, maybe the best stage in the game.

After the ENORMOUS download, thought I would get a quick game in on the demo before tea.

It’s been 10 mins and there’s already another update, and I am still going through a million menus and screens. Haven’t yet thrown a punch.

Will have to get back to this after tea.

Fuck modern games and 8 million menus.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, joffocakes said:

Yeah they put the CPT bundles back on sale during the Pro Tour so it'll come around again I'm sure. Usually at a discounted price since the packs were a wild £19.99 each initially. They've been as low as £3.99 for the 2016 one and £5.99 for 2017 (the one with Du's Guile).

Thank you kind sir, now we just need Dan in Season 6.... I still miss shades :(

• Upvote 1

Switched to Ken for Champion Edition since his Japan-only pink colour is unlocked. Trying out his newer Vtrigger/skill and managed to land this (stupid) meaty setup I'd been practicing.

Please ignore that my rank has dropped to Ultra Gold.

• Upvote 5

Ono has tweeted confirmation that an update to the game's netcode will be released next week. Hopefully that will resolve the wild de-sync issues that players have experienced since the first beta tests.

• Upvote 2

Dabbled briefly with Seth last night (well, very early this morning) and some of those combos are very fun. His VTrigger 2 is like Yamcha's spirit ball from FighterZ; you can control it after release with a punch and direction. I was not able to make good use of it but it definitely looks built for tricky reset antics rather than the damage extension of the other trigger. I'm looking forward to seeing what more skilled players are able make of it.

The Launch Trailer is up on YouTube too.

Looking forward next week's netcode update and maybe finding out a bit more about what future support the game will see. Costumes and maybe another ludicrous CPT pack are likely, a PS5 version is also rumoured (everything about everything is rumoured to some extent)?

Where's Rufus?

I realise I'm basically posting in this thread to an audience of myself these days.

• Upvote 7

I always read them joffles. I watch all the tournaments too, I just don’t have many gameplay tales to report. This version of the game is definitely the best one though. 

• Upvote 1

I've been enjoying watching Daigo using Kage on the FGC Translated youtube channel. After only ever seeing him as the stoney-faced SF god he is at tournaments, this human side to him when he streams is a joy.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, joffocakes said:

Thank you for the support. Look at how Toxic Dump Seth's swimsuit costume is:

005.png

Okay, I'm back in.

• Upvote 1

This will be pretty useful to keep on tap once someone goes to the trouble of adding timestamps for each character, I assume there's probably more to come:

• Upvote 1

Idly looking at the Champion Edition upgrade on the PS store, apparently I'm not eligible to purchase it because I own the following?

Street Fighter V - Character Pass 2017

Street Fighter V - 2016 Season Pass

I'm pretty sure these were just the bits and pieces that came with the Arcade Edition. So can I not use the upgrade - do I have to buy the whole game again?

You should be able to, I owned those but still upgraded. Might just be the PS store being weird, could be worth trying it from within the game rather than going straight to the store or vice versa?

Yeah I'll give that a go later - thanks. Others on Resetera seem to be reporting the same thing though and it seems to be some sort of store glitch as it worked fine as a preorder before the Champion Edition was actually released. When did you upgrade?

I've seen a few people mention that; I had no issue picking it up as a pre-order despite owning the character passes but since the Champion Edition launch I've seen folk get the ineligible message.

PSN stops you buying games you already downloaded from PSPlus on PSNow in that manner too which can be annoying if you see one on sale but don't intend to renew your subscription. 

Maybe getting the CE Upgrade Kit from a 3rd Party key reseller would work?

1 minute ago, joffocakes said:

Maybe getting the CE Upgrade Kit from a 3rd Party key reseller would work?

I'm not that fussed to be honest, it sounds like something that shouldn't be happening so I'll just assume it'll get fixed at some point and keep checking back every couple of days to see if it's working yet or not.

• Empathy 1

An official netcode patch from Capcom rolled out early this morning with mixed reports so far. It all follows on from a couple of fan-made, PC-only patches released last month which aimed to fix an issue (which has existed since SFV's pre-release beta tests) where the game wouldn't correctly re-sync for both players, causing "one-sided rollback" on less-stable connections. This often meant the player with the better connection would experience constant rollbacks with characters teleporting all over the screen.

The fan patches (first from Altimor and a later, adjusted patch from Fluffysheep) let the game resync mid-match and fixed the issue for PC players. Folk reported almost-offline match quality against players thousands of miles away, as long as they also had the same patch installed.

The problem is this patch could not be applied to PS4 and made crossplay between platforms less stable than before. It was recommended that players filter matchmaking to their own platform as a result, splitting the playerbase.

So Capcom's patch released this morning with no information on what it did beyond "A netcode adjustment". It has disabled the use of the unofficial patches and appears to resync mid-match now rather than only at the start of each fight. There were plenty of knee-jerk reactions to this, suggesting the netcode was even worse than before while others insisted it was a massive improvement.

Getting rid of the fan-made patches was probably necessary to ensure consistency of performance for everyone (and to close the door on anyone modifying it themselves to deliberately hinder their opponents' connections) however it's not gonna earn them any goodwill unless online feels notably improved. And they probably don't deserve much goodwill anyway, considering how long it took attempt these improvements in the first place.

They're accepting feedback via their SFVServer twitter account though with their Tokyo Olympics "Intel World Open" event starting soon, an online tournament, I doubt there will be drastic adjustments until its over. Let's tweet at them to retro-fit rollback netcode into USFIV.

tl;dr: Capcom patched Street Fighter V's netcode this morning. It disables the unofficial PC patches made by fans and it's too early to know if it's better or worse.

Edited by joffocakes
Ah just love editin' posts.
  • Upvote 4