IGNORED

Street Fighter V Champion Edition - There never was a SFII "Championship" Edition

joffocakes

Which is the cheapest arcade stick I could buy myself that I definitely wouldn't want to replace with something better if I happen to get really into this?

Im considering the Hori Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai (£130). Is that a good stick? 

It's what I use, which doesn't mean much, but I saw loads of people using them on tournament streams, so figured it must be ok. And I believe the newer ones now come with better buttons than the one I got a year ago. I doubt I would notice any difference, but they are easily swopable anyway.

I've not used that HORI Kai stick but I know a good few folk who do and they all seem pretty satisfied with it. It has a the PS4 touchpad on it too, which is useful for Training Mode options.

The Venom stick is a good choice for PS4 too; it's not got the build quality of the HORI or Mad Catz TE 2 sticks (and lacks the touchpad) but it's much cheaper: £65 on Amazon just now. If you ended up thoroughly obsessed with fighting games you probably would want to go ahead and get the Kai in the first place though.

EDIT: Oh! The Mad Catz TE 2 S is £160 on Amazon too.

I've generally had problems streaming CapcomFighters to my Chromecast2 in my TV. Looks fine on the PC but much more pixelated when sent to the Chromecast. Weird since I remember TeamSpooky Twitch looking perfect last time they hosted an event. Also no problems with YouTube at all. And I can only start Twitch casting from my iPhone and not from the PC (nothing happens).

But I Googled a bit and found this page:

https://nightdev.com/twitchcast/

And it worked perfectly watching CEO last night. Clean and clear on the big telly via Chromecast. Just thought I'd mention it.

1 hour ago, sith said:

He just came

13th

in possibly the most stacked tournament Street Fighter V has seen so far.

Calm down.

First off, its not even nearly the most stacked tournament we've seen. And you can't deny that he's looked a shadow of his former self in SFV. I think Cammy is the wrong pick for him. Although i'm not sure what the right pick is.

Ibuki and Balrog will be coming in this week's update. Balrog's classic stage too! Plus a wee glimpse of Juri and Urien: Aegis Reflector! 

EDIT: Here's the official, 60fps trailer:

Below is the CEO 2016 trailer with crowd reactions (spoilered to keep things tidy):

9 hours ago, sith said:

Care to enlighten me on which tournament was more stacked?

I would argue that the Taiwanese major was more stacked, but i suppose it depends how highly you rate US players. Anyway, enough of that. I'm really happy with the CEO results. And two new characters this week? Nice! :D

If I might be forgiven for dragging this wildly off topic for a moment for the sake of addressing my trusted fighting game advisors: I just noticed I have £12.08 still sitting on my xbox account, and have no idea what to buy with it. I have mvc3, sf4, 3soe, hdr, sfxt, vf5fs and skullgirls - any recommendations for how to spend those pennies on stuff I'll never touch?

Should probably just play those games and let them keep the money.

Garou? It has its own version of parries. And Terry Bogard.

I still play it now and again on the MAME collection I've decided to start building up again...

Outside of fighters, maybe Hydro Thunder or (if shoot 'em ups are your bag) Strania.

• joffocakes changed the title to Street Fighter V Champion Edition - There never was a SFII "Championship" Edition