IGNORED

Street Fighter V Champion Edition

joffocakes

Haha - I don't think it's a coincidence that the first SF I try and pick up methodically, trying to learn the basics with Ryu, turns out to be the one I lose interest in - I haven't played in 6 months. It's fucking Ryu isn't it. He's sucked the enjoyment out it. Screw Ryu, Hello Urien.

I am beginning to win fights. Then i smash buttons like i have learnt nothing. I quit. Then i Come back

What i like of fighting games is that in no time I find myself having really intense moments. It is perfect if you don't have much spare  time but still want some hardcore experience.

Sometimes I wish I could communicate with some of the people I fight against. I'm on PC and most of them are ps4 players. I guess that on ps4 communication is easier right?

Cant wait to keep smashing buttons tomorrow.

If you join the Discord group and fight folk from here you can engage in text or voice chat through that. 

If you have an android phone it's worth getting the free Frame Assistant Tool app. Don't worry about making sense of the numbers just yet; there's some useful references and guides in there.

Also, if you lose a particular match and need advice on what you did wrong, or what you could have done instead, then checking your own replays gives a code you can share so others can watch the match in-game, even if you don't have a video sharing facility. 

Does anyone know who coined the term "adaptamantation"? I was watching EGX and chuckled at the sign someone made with that written on it, but then realised I have no idea when the word entered the street fighting lexicon! I MUST KNOW, PLEASE!

I've just had a really good, relaxing afternoon of Street Fighter. It was pretty much win a set, lose a set and I'm still languishing in Super Bronze but I don't really care. No rage quitters in about 20 matches, just good gentlemanly fights. Great game.

EDIT: Although has anyone else noticed that there is actually no point at all in wasting fight money on new stages as you get to play on them half the time anyway against online mans who have wasted their fight money. This softens the losses and sweetens the wins, I find.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the balance patches, because while I understand not patching because of CPT, I think it's really, really hurt them.

The KoF patch was so, so good and comprehensive, expecting something similar from Capcom.

There are excellently dreadful Red Bull costumes not even slightly suited to the characters coming for Ryu and Chun Li. It's a tie-in with the Red Bull sponsored BC One "B-boy" competition, the finals of which are in Nagoya, Japan on 3rd December. I guess these costumes will be out in time to coincide with that.

Since the Urien update all purchased (real money, rather than Fight Money) costumes come will all colours unlocked. So that'll be ideal if you wanna play as Guy From The New Radicals Ryu or Gerudo Chun Li.

UKdwdHz.png

Hr4QWhj.png

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/oct/25/red-bull-bc-one-costumes-discovered-street-fighter-5s-latest-update/

Really? There's a lot of things wrong with it but I wouldn't ever say it's an ugly game. The character models and animations are glorious. Some of the stages look great too but a bunch are let down by the awkward (30fps) movement of background folk and, in the case of the Russian stage, flat lighting.

I'm currently trying to decide if I'll stay up for Canada Cup top 8. I think it starts at midnight but I bet I'm wrong. 

I tried to stay up for top 8 of Canada Cup. I caught the end of teams and they said "we just need to wait for Smash to finish and then we'll get into SFV singles top 8". Sat through Winners finals of Smash, then the next game that came on was losers semi-finals. They weren't even down to top 3. I gave up. Smash takes aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages.

I feel bad because matchmaking put me up against the same gief player four times in a row earlier today. Any time I didn't play it completely dry I got put in the blender so I basically sat behind a banana and pushed s.HP until he died six rounds in a row after the first game. Poor gief.

Also I've noticed that whenever I get swiftly rematched with someone they've changed the stage - is that an established trick to try and get a runback or was it just a coincidence?

That's the life of a Zangief player! 

I think you need the patience of a saint to play that character as everyone plays the matchup the same. Poke and run.

At Canada Cup Ultra David was saying people are starting to think SFV will become a super turtley game.

As the offence is so strong, people are going to become more and more unlikely to take a chance because if it goes wrong and the opponent starts their offence it can be curtains.

It's an interesting theory for sure. 

Playing FANG I feel like he would be a much better character if games played out like this. I try to play him poke and run, frustrate and earn them opening themselves up. He's not designed to go toe to toe and will always lose.

I say I play like this, most games online I spend my time constantly trying to quash relentless rush down. You know you're playing an online warrior when they've jumped in 3 times within the first 5 seconds.

12 hours ago, imp said:

I feel bad because matchmaking put me up against the same gief player four times in a row earlier today. Any time I didn't play it completely dry I got put in the blender so I basically sat behind a banana and pushed s.HP until he died six rounds in a row after the first game. Poor gief.

Also I've noticed that whenever I get swiftly rematched with someone they've changed the stage - is that an established trick to try and get a runback or was it just a coincidence?

Probably just a coincidence. My favourite stage is set to random. 

I once had an evening ages ago where I lost to everyone I played. Except for one Gief player who I got matched with about 6 times over the course and they always pressed rematch. I felt a little bad after that. 

2 hours ago, df0 said:

Why thought it was a good idea to have Ryu look like Flavor Flav?

I wonder if he says "Yeeahhh boooyyy" instead of "Hadouken"

Of all the characters to dress up like that, it just doesn't match him at allll.

1 hour ago, Jonster said:

Probably just a coincidence. My favourite stage is set to random. 

I once had an evening ages ago where I lost to everyone I played. Except for one Gief player who I got matched with about 6 times over the course and they always pressed rematch. I felt a little bad after that. 

Ah, didn't realise you could do that. I should do that!

• joffocakes changed the title to Street Fighter V Champion Edition