IGNORED

snooker

Sng

The BBC have spent all of £2 on their empty Crucible sound effects, they have 1 badly recorded round of applause that sounds like it was recorded in a toilet - I’m not exaggerating either, it’s literally 1 sound clip, and its shit.

4 hours ago, Gotters said:

The BBC have spent all of £2 on their empty Crucible sound effects, they have 1 badly recorded round of applause that sounds like it was recorded in a toilet - I’m not exaggerating either, it’s literally 1 sound clip, and its shit.

I don't think it's the BBC doing it, simply because it's inexplicably played in the arena itself, rather than just added to the stream as with the football crowd. You can hear it going off for the adjacent match.

Could be Barry Hearn saving a few quid on the FX budget.

I think Ronnie did well this year due to their being no crowds. He'll probably end up saying as much I reckon. All that "Gooooon Ronnie" gets on my tits quite a lot of the time, like its some Oasis aftershow or something.

It will be interesting if/when things turn back to normal, if in time for the next world title, if he'll do the same again and get through to the final. 

That’s exactly what he did say.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/53802285

O'Sullivan said the lack of a crowd meant there was less razzmatazz surrounding him in Sheffield, allowing him to approach matches with a "different mindset".

He said: "When I am out there playing and they are going 'come on Ronnie, come on Ronnie', it scares me a bit. There is so much passion in their voices and it is like life and death to them. 

"Then the other fans go 'come on' and I'm thinking: This is meant to be a gentleman's sport. I want to compete and do well but when you throw that into the frying pan it takes the fun out of it for me.

"I just wish they could be a little more quiet and let us get on with it. I did realise I would do better if there was no crowd because there is a different mindset."

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...