IGNORED

Amiibo by Nintendo

Djx

Well, I've just had an email from Amazon telling me that their supply of Meta Knight is so constrained that they're fulfilling in a first come-first served basis and as a result I'm not getting one until June at the earliest. At least they offered me a £2 credit for the trouble.

Thumbs up to Nintendo's distribution!

My Sonic and Megaman have arrived from ShopTo, Rosalina's on her way too from the lands of the 'bay.

Gonna head out tomorrow morning at 9 to see if I can find Shulk, MetaKnight and Dedede.

Will also try the usual suspects after midnight tonight to see if they appear for delivery/store collection.

I'm stood outside my local Smyths toy shop waiting for it to open in the hope that I can grab a Shulk, MetaKnight and Dedede...

I'm 43 years old...

UPDATE: the competition has arrived. Two lads. This could get ugly...

UPDATE: cunts only had Sonic and Megaman... :(

I ordered Sonic & Mega Man from Amazon yesterday & the release date is supposed to be today, but I didn't realise that they're apparently so supply constrained. So I'm either going to get a dispatch or an apology email today right?

For what it's worth, those are the two that I bought at the same time as Meta Knight and both of them have been dispatched. I just noticed that I ordered in December and that apparently still wasn't early enough to get one. If I see one in the shops I'll pick it up, just like I did with Trainer and Marth but fuck chasing them down.

I've to phone Game on James street at 12:30 to see if they got any in their shipment today. Manager there knows that new amiibos are coming in at lunch time - but doesn't know what he's going to get.

I'm also not the only one who has inquired about shulk availability. FFS.

My Shulk just got cancelled from Ninetndo store, wish they told me sooner and not send me an email at 10.30 am on launch day :/

Thank you for placing order 47106722 with us.

We are sorry to inform you that we have now cancelled your order for Shulk No.25 amiibo as the item is no longer available and our team are working to have the item removed from the website.

What the fuck is going on - even Nintendo shop itself.

Methinks vast majority of Europe's shipment get diverted at last minute to North America.

Didn't they say in that recent investor meeting that some port strike somewhere had caused them significant problems with amiibo distribution recently? Hopefully, this is just a temporary issue as a result of that - if not, they really do need to find a way to manufacture more sharpish and strike while the iron is hot on these.

I'm close to the point of jacking in the 'gotta catch 'em all!' philiosophy I have with amiibo. I am very fortunate to have acquired all of the initial 25 with very little problem. However, this latest wave has proved somewhat problematic for me...

It's a genuine hassle constantly checking twitter and this forum on the distinct off-chance that the next wave is up for pre-order with absolutely no guarantee of securing the product. I am then resigned to running around over the launch weekend in the vain hope of picking up the elusive rarer items on the high street. I'm even at the point where I am taking each wave's release date off work just to spend the whole day walking the town to do this. Heaven knows how I'll be with the gold and silver Marios...

If I get the same cancellation treatment from Amazon that I've recevied yesterday with the next two announced waves, this could well be my last foray into the extremely stressful world of amiibo collecting.

I gave up with the Rosalina fiasco. It started out as a really cool thing, and something you could possibly collect, but they fucked it up. Like, they couldn't resist. Little by little the bullshit started creeping in - exclusivity in the US becoming exclusivity over here, then failing to actually stock the retailer they give exclusivity to. Now we have limited colour ones on the horizon. I'm out.

It's their own new product, and you can't buy it off the shelves. We're not trying to track down some old OOP rarity, these are things that they're manufacturing new right now, and you can't even get one on the day of release. I don't mind them being in only one store, but it would help a lot if said store actually had them.

I'll pick up a Toad if I spot one on the shelf somewhere, but my hunting days are done.