IGNORED

XBL and PSN Down...

It's generally really good, selection wise, playlists, channels etc. and it's pretty stable, has offline playlists etc. What's better about the others?

Not run by Sony on Sony networks would put every other one way above it for a start but they all do the above and then work on Sonos etc and unlike MU the offline is at the same quality as streaming on all devices.

But then you just have to think how shit Sony have been at music related stuff in the past, how terrible they are known to be at anything on a network and just wonder why of all the choices you would pick easily one of the worst in a very competitive market place?

But a picture says more than a thousand words..

Error-503---Sony-Entertainment-Network.p

Music Unlimited has been fine for me, both quality wise and selection wise. I must admit I like that I can stream stuff on my Vita and PS4 whilst playing games too. But it's no big deal it's not like I'm committed to the service. And it's beside the point anyway.

PSN is a bigger deal as I am much more committed to that and don't really fancy having to switch consoles, losing all my digital content.

I'm sure a billion non working ten child mums would be going mental, but I'm not going to generalise a community.

Think my point is the fury people would have on a largely used free service. For services we are paying for, this is hugely unacceptable.

Yeah, yeah I agree entirely was just being sarcastic.

Hopefully this mess will make them wake up and actually start caring about all those consumers who've put them in the position they're in.

We can but hope.... however going by their track record....

What really baffles me is the constant outages seemingly every Christmas with these services. Thought they could click a few buttons and bring some extra servers online these days to balance the load for what they should expect be a peak in demand for online services. More so these days with all the DLC and digitally distributed games....

Anonymous as in the hacker group? Does this mean that annonymous and lizard squad are fighting it out with bot nets with PSN as the battle ground? Ffs...

Anonymous protection.... I dont understand it all to be fair.

Check out @AnonymousUK2015's Tweet: https://twitter.com/AnonymousUK2015/status/549711835851935744?s=09

They took the credit for getting xbox back up, said sony were keeping out, which, you can understand why.

Why would anyone expect compensation?! Unless you play online every second of every day all year then you're not technically getting what you pay for, you can't say 'I went on holiday for 3 weeks can you knock £10 off my subscription because I didn't use it then' anyone given compensation should be void from a subscription and be forced to pay by the hour played online instead and watch them rack up a years subscription cost in about a month

It's been fine for a few days my end, only The 24th, 25th, maybe 26th was a bit ropey

Aaargh! My fat fingers have accidentally possed this turgid rubbish!

It is not Sony's fault that some pathetic trolls decided to bring down PSN, but they have still taken money for a service which they can not provide. So they should be offering compensation. It is the difference between understanding what aspects of the PSN issues are their fault, and which are their responsibility to react to and compensate their customers for.

I see they're now officially endorsing the NeoGAF MTU trick.

While it would be nice if PSN just, you know, worked and Sony's incompetence is generally a bit unsettling, this does bring back fond memories of ineffectively 'optimising' connection parameters in the dial-up days. Back then it would have at least been whistling that wonderful audible handshake when it hopelessly tried to connect for the thousandth time.

Good luck discussing the issue with Sony everyone. Isn't it about time we all just sold these machines? They're more hassle than they're worth now.

Anyone that really wanted a console to play online should have stuck with Microsoft as that is their strength. Getting mad at Sony for having shit online is like getting mad because you put your last ten quid on a three legged horse to win a monster truck derby.