IGNORED

XBL and PSN Down...

So earlier reports that they'd been doxxed by other hackers was BS then. What a shame. This is just the sort of shit (along with the recent Sony Pictures hack) which detractors of net neutrality will use to argue the case for a more closed and regulated internet.

It's DDOS, not a lot you can do about that.

If this is true, is the anti-DDOS hardware that the network team got in at work the other month near useless? I must admit I've no idea, it just had a load of words on the marketing bollocks that came with it describing all sorts of types of DDOS attack (there's loads and loads!) that it reckons it can identify, filter and block. If it does work, then it must take a lot of effort to simulate a high load situation that doesn't trip whatever something like this watches for, surely?

You can filter and block IP addresses that are flooding your network but if there's thousands of them setup to come in waves then you're going to struggle with the traffic in the short term anyway. It's a brute force attack that just needs the attacking party to take control of lots of pc's out on the Internet first.

Today has been odd. Everything worked first thing (about lunch time, for you) but then the social bit barfed. However, when I put in each of my new games, they downloaded and installed them relevant patches. Trophies worked too, although perhaps that's local.

An hour ago it was still shagged, and while watching a DVD we had a popup staying PSN was being fixed. Still knackered, for me.

I wish these guys were better prepared for this nonsense.

I was on Hitman when it went down. I panic a little, because the last time this happened, some fucker hack my account and spent 50 quid on cards on FIFA for some bollocks achievement. Luckly the guy on the help line sorted it out. Money back and everything. I hate this shit. That was about 2 years ago I think.

Connected fine yesterday, going fine and they bang it's off, can't connect. Luckly this is reported widespread online.