IGNORED

What games did you complete in 2015?

SeanR

because I'd rather post in this thread than in the expenditure 2015 thread.

JANUARY

14.01.15 - Bravely Default (3DS)

15.01.15 - Never Alone (Kisima Inŋitchuŋa) (PS4)

28.01.15 - Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (DS)

29.01.15 - The Blackwell Legacy (PC)

FEBRUARY

04.02.15 - Grim Fandango (PS4)

05.02.15 - To the Moon (PC)

MARCH

N/A

APRIL

N/A

MAY

01.05.15 - Far Cry 4 (PS4)

JUNE

N/A

JULY

N/A

AUGUST
N/A

SEPTEMBER

N/A

OCTOBER

N/A

NOVEMBER

10.11.15 - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4)

25.11.15 - Broken Age (PS4)

26.11.15 - Broken Age (PS4) *2nd Completion

29.11.15 - Game of Thrones (PS4)

DECEMBER

16.12.15 - Final Fantasy VII (PS4)

27.12.15 - Life Is Strange (PS4)

PREVIOUS LIST

JANUARY

03.01.14 - Tearaway (PS Vita)

07.01.14 - Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS)

08.01.14 - The Last Express (PC)

09.01.14 - Guacamelee! (PS Vita)

13.01.14 - The Stanley Parable (PC)

FEBRUARY

14.02.14 - The Last of Us - Left Behind (PS3)

16.02.14 - Resogun (PS4)

21.02.14 - Final Fantasy III (DS)

MARCH

14.03.14 - Gone Home (PC)

23.03.14 - Secret Files: Tunguska (PC)

24.03.14 - Papers, Please (PC)

27.03.14 - Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (PC)

28.03.14 - South Park: The Stick of Truth (PC)

31.03.14 - Syberia (PC)

APRIL

13.04.14 - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3/PS4)

25.04.14 - Syberia II (PC)

MAY

04.05.14 - Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis (PC)

19.05.14 - Infamous Second Son (PS4)

20.05.14 - Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4)

21.05.14 - A New Beginning (PC)

24.05.14 - Transistor (PS4)

25.05.14 - Still Life (PC)

27.05.14 - Half-Life (PC)

30.05.14 - Portal 2 (PC)

JUNE

24.06.14 - Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse (PS Vita)

JULY

09.07.14 - The Wolf Among Us (X360)

AUGUST

25.08.14 - Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4)

28.08.14 - The Walking Dead: Season Two (X360)

SEPTEMBER

01.09.14 - Crash Bandicoot (PS1)

OCTOBER

23.10.14 - Destiny (PS4)

NOVEMBER

09.11.14 - Machinarium (PS Vita)

11.11.14 - Hotline Miami (PS Vita)

12.11.14 - Watch Dogs (PS4)

20.11.14 - Fallout 3 (X360)

DECEMBER

06.12.14 - Assassin's Creed Unity (PS4)

09.12.14 - Lost Horizon (PC)

26.12.14 - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

29.12.14 - Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (DS)

29.12.14 - Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (DS) *2nd Completion

Thanks SeanR!

As before you can be boring and just list as you knock them off but it's more fun to chuck out a one liner about the game.

And as before don't get too obsessive, if a game is shitting you off just abandon it, maybe even create a little abandoned list.

I'm already out of the gate with one that might be hard to top this year.

January

01/01 The Last of Us:Remastered (PS4) The best survivor horror game I've ever played. It has that 'nope' factor where you really don't want to get too close to the infected. Or other people. It's uncompromising in it's portrayal of violence in a way that doesn't glamourize it. Every area is unique. The acting is flawless. And it's handled with incredible restraint. I hear they're looking at making a movie based on the game. They're going to have to do a stunning job to even get close to this.

01/01/15 - Pokemon Y (3DS)

I put over 35 hours into this and beat the Elite Four this morning. It's a very good game, the first Pokemon title I've played since Ruby and the first I've seen through to the end since Blue, many years ago. Also, I think it's the first game in the franchise that I've played to properly capture the sense of spectacle and scale that's inherent in the original TV show (from what I watched of it when I was about nine years old, anyway) and that's largely down to its visual style and the much more dynamic camera. The game as a whole is presented very nicely, particularly the pokemon models and animations, and feels very polished on the 3DS.

It's telling that the parts of the game which don't work so well - namely the over-frequent random battles, especially when in caves and travelling across water - are throwbacks from the format of the earlier Pokemon games, and which really seem quite dated now. What I'd like to see in the future are far more open and expansive Monster Hunter-style areas where you can see the different pokemon in the distance, frolicking about, and you are the one who approaches them before transitioning seamlessly into battle. I'd like to experience a bit more challenge in future games, too: I didn't 'die' once throughout my entire playthrough, and I beat the final boss in three moves using just one pokemon, not sustaining any damage whatsoever in the process. Moreover, by the end of the game, with no grinding, all of my pokemon were about 10 levels more experienced than those I faced from other trainers.

Still, it's definitely a game I'd recommend and would be a worthy addition to anyone's 3DS catalogue. You know it's a good JRPG when it sustains your interest to the point where you actually want to see it through to the end. 4/5

Up next:

Tearaway

Still playing:

Mario Kart 8

Super Mario 3D World

Battleblock Theatre

Completed

02/01/2015 - Shovel Knight - 3DS - Been wanting to play this since its release and I finally brought it at christmas, completed in 10:25:41 with 80% items collected. Enjoyed it a lot even though I found the ending pretty hard, I'm not bothered about trying to 100% it as I would rather concentrate on other games. 8/10

In Progress

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - 3DS - Got halfway through when first released on DS thought I would give it another go with the recent re-release on 3DS. On case 3 and enjoying so far.

Zelda A Link Between Worlds - 3DS - Its my first 2D zelda I have played. I've just opened up Lorule, good fun!

Zelda Wind Waker HD - WII U - Started this back in June and have been playing it off and on for the past 6 months, I feel I am nearing the end now and just want to finish it to say I have completed a Zelda game from start to finish. I spent to much time on the side quests when I should have concentrated on the main game so a little bored of it now.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - WII U - Another game I have been playing off and on since the summer, I like playing this game but only in short bursts as it can be a little frustrating at times.

Far Cry 4 - PS4 - Brought on release but been concentrating on Nintendo platforms recently with my girlfriend watching a lot of christmas TV.

COD AW - PS4 - Brought on release rinsed the MP but haven't touched the SP yet, I'm sure I will get to the single player campaign at some point.

I've made a resolution not to buy any new games for a while as I have all three current consoles with games sitting unfinished and in some cases unplayed, not to mention my dreaded steam back catalogue and all the games I get for free on PS+ that I ignore since I packed my ps3 away a year ago.

Completed

Hyrule Warriors
Status Seen the credits after finishing legend mode, but still so much more to do!

A Dynasty Warriors game with a Nintendo lick of paint, many will dismiss this as a mindless button mashmasher, but it's got surprising depth and insane replayability. I've not played a DW game since the one released close to the ps2 launch, but I've found this to be a great dip in and out type game; have a couple of battles and then play something else. I've enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to tackling adventure mode and playing as some other characters.

New Super Mario Bros Wii U
Status Completed every level, but not going back to get all the coins

This was an odd one; it came bundled with the Wii u I got for father's day and I was looking forward to playing it as I'd heard good things (some on this very forum exclaiming it as the best 2D platformed ever), and at first impressions met those expectations. But fairly quickly (around world 4 or 5), I began to get bored. The music on each level is extremely repetitive, I don't like the speed-run nature of it I don't like the save system, I found collecting some coins and some of the levels to be on the wrong side of frustrating and, if I'm completely honest, I think I prefer Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, which is nicer looking, has more personality, more level variation and far better music. Needless to say, I won't be bothering with the Luigi levels or challenge modes, either.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag 09/01/2015

Status Completed the main storyline, but balls to all that extraneous Ubisoft bullshit they pad the map out with

This was the first AC game I played since 2, and I enjoyed it for the most part, as I loved the setting. Despite skipping Brother, Revelations and ACIII, I didn't feel like Black Flag had really progressed since 2 - in fact in some ways, it seemed worse, most notably in the combat, which seemed to be dumbed down and far simpler than in 2. I didn't really enjoy the sailing bits, either, daft as it sounds, but I found them to be a bit of a grind and a chore - no way was I going to get the 700 odd metal necessary to upgrade the last armour slots on my ship. I enjoyed the story until it started going all typically AC weird towards the end, whereby I lost interest and just rushed through the last few missions to get it done. I also didn't bother getting all the extraneous shit on the map - the shanties, the animus fragments, unlocking every inn or doing every assassination mission. There's just too much stuff and, when confronted by a map full of icons, I get put off rather than excited. The controls were a pain in the arse, too; so many times I ran up things, or got stuck on things or in a loop of running up a wall and falling off, or trying to find the random angle the game wanted me to be at to open a chest and I'd end up screaming at the TV 'STOP CLIMBING YOU TWAT!'. Despite all this, I did like it and I've bought AC Unity as it was cheap and will give it a go in a few days - need a break from dem controls!

Coming soon - hopefully!

GTA V - PS4
Dragon Age Inquisition - PS4
Shadows of Mordor - PS4
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - PS4
Killzone Shadowfall - PS4
Halo Master Chief Collection - Xbone
Forza Horizon 2 - Xbone
Sunset Overdrive - Xbone
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Wii U
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - Wii U
Super Mario 3D World - Wii U

Plus load of others I dip in and out of.

02/01 - Pokemon Pearl (DS) I'd played through Platinum back when I first got my DS but thought I'd revisit this to see how different it was. For all that I bemoaned about Omega Ruby, there were significant enough changes with regards to levelling, text speed and overall movement that makes this feel far slower. A nice trip down memory lane but not one I'd hurry to repeat in a hurry.

Next up: I'm determined to finish either Freedom Wars or Ar Tonelico next since they're hanging over me. Final Fantasy Tactics is also there but that's such a time commitment.

Metal Slug 3

Strangers Wrath HD - Enjoyed this, you can tell it came out in the period after the OG Halo, because the combat is similar - enemies with a lot of HP, wide open arenas littered with cover, and a variety of easily discernable enemy types who require different tactics to deal with, melee guys, snipers, flamethrowers, mortars, shields and sticky bombs, etc. It's also from that period where games weren't afraid to be a challenge, especially if you're going non-lethal. That said the HD port is a bit rough - the game crashed whenever I died in the last level, and Googling around this bug has been there since it launched, like three years ago.

Just finished Bioshock Infinite (PC). I much preferred the combat to Bioshock (never played 2) and really like the sense of place they created but, like Bioshock, it tended to outstay its welcome somewhat and could have lost easily 5+ hours of padding.

What the heck was going on with the story though? I've read a couple of articles to spell it out, but it's all a bit of a mess really and doesn't stand up to a great deal of scrutiny. Not a massive fan of hiding so much backstory in the Voxophones, either, especially when there were 80 to collect.

Still, overall enjoyed the experience.

Just finished The Wolf Among Us (iPad). First one of these Tell Tale games I've played through completely, might give the Game of Thrones one a blast next because I really enjoyed it.

In Progress:

Alien Isolation (xbone)

Papers, Please (ipad)

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (NDS)

January

01/01 The Last of Us:Remastered (PS4) The best survivor horror game I've ever played. It has that 'nope' factor where you really don't want to get too close to the infected. Or other people. It's uncompromising in it's portrayal of violence in a way that doesn't glamourize it. Every area is unique. The acting is flawless. And it's handled with incredible restraint. I hear they're looking at making a movie based on the game. They're going to have to do a stunning job to even get close to this.

04/01 The Last of Us:Left Behind (PS4) A short encore performance of the above that fleshes out a bit of Ellie's past. Again Naughty Dog has raised the bar for story telling in games. I can't wait to see others rise to the challenge.

Perhaps by posting I shall be encouraged to finish more games than I usually do (close to zero...).

Although the only thing I can claim so far this year is to have got as far as the credits and end screen in Super Mario 3D World. Much more to do... Still, what there has been so far has been wonderfully colourful, brightly polished and incredibly enjoyable. Which makes me want to go on to finish it properly.

Too many games in progress to list, mainly focused on 3DS. Making decent ground in Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds.

Metal Slug 3

Strangers Wrath

Valkyria Chronicles - Loved this, highly recommended, especially if you enjoyed the recent XCOM reboot, since it's a similar mix of accessibility, squad building, research and character permadeath, even though the battle system is completely different. It's also just really nice to have a strategy game that's this lavishly produced - there must be 50+ characters with unique appearance, unique scripted lines and voice delivery, many of whom you might never see or use in addition to the invulnerable main story characters, and the number of cutscenes and story scenes boggles the mind. The realtime/turn based hybrid system works brilliantly, it's really well balanced and has some really interesting nuances as you get deeper in, and you don't stop unlocking new tools to play with.

If I had one criticism, it's that some story missions introduce things halfway through that can upset your plans if you haven't planned for it, but this is partly me complaining because I only realised you could save while in missions when I was in the final boss fight! The fact that me not realising that meant I failed a bunch of times losing half an hour of progress until I suceeded shows that this really got it's claws into me.

There's a NewGame+ that carries over your progress, and I'm probably going to stick around and knock out the last few optional skirmishes and complete the tech tree.

01/01/15 - Pokemon Y (3DS)

04/01/15 - Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

I've got to the credits, at least, and collected all the stars and stamps up to that point. It's brilliant, obviously, packed full of genius ideas and polished to a mirror sheen, but it's not the best Mario game I've ever played. I think I was expecting (for want of a better description) a 'proper' 3D Mario title, akin to Galaxy, 64 or Sunshine, but 3D World is a completely different game, a much brisker one that picks you up and relentlessly sweeps you along with all of its shiny new things, but whose levels aren't big or detailed enough for you to properly explore or truly savour. Ultimately, I think it would be more at home on the 3DS as a spiritual sequel to 3D Land. I just hope Nintendo do get round to releasing a fully-fledged 3D Mario before the Wii U goes under completely. Nevertheless, it's still a fantastic game, and all that has been written about it already definitely holds up. Just don't go in, like I did, expecting this generation's Mario 64. 5/5

Up next:

Post-credits 3D World mopping up

Shovel Knight

Still Playing:

Tearaway

Mario Kart 8

Gunpoint

Battleblock Theater

________

JANUARY

01. Monument Valley - Forgotten Shores & Red Chapter (iOS)
Loved the original when I played it last year. Bought the expansions a while back but only just got around to playing them. It's the first video game I've managed to get my wife to play with me which was a lot of fun. I'll try and get her playing one of the Lucasarts point & clicks, probably Grim Fandango to get her into it that way. I digress. Great expansion with lovely new locations and gameplay additions. 9/10

02. Infamous: First Light (PS4)
Like Second Son, this is just OK really. I seem to have found them both very relaxing and I though I did enjoy it, it's very safe and a bit uninspired. I have a few trophies to get, but I'm not really into the Arena aspect, so may just leave that side of it out. An enjoyable 5/10

03. Shovel Knight (3DS)

A very enjoyable retro Mega Man-style platformer. Infuriating in places, but always achievable I ended up with 79 deaths, 75% complete and I may even go back for the New Game +. Very much looking forward to the free DLC. 8/10

04. GTA V (PS4)

Completed story mode, 75%. Just phenomenal. I didn't really like GTA IV so went into this with some trepidation. Luckily this one actually lived up to the hype. Everything is spot on - the script straddled the cheesy line well, the characters were just stereotypical enough, the vehicles handle well. My only gripe is with some of the never-ending gun battles and the lack of any guidance on getting Gold medals until after you've completed the missions. Other than that, I loved it. 10/10

05. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U)

This game made me happy. Very happy. The graphics are lovely, the music is beautiful, the characterisation is flawless and the puzzles are tiny little dioramas of joy. Yeah, it's not super difficult or very long, but I managed (almost) all of the diamonds and will be going back to get stamps and do the Bonus stages when I have snippets of time to kill. 9/10

________

JANUARY
Jetpack Joyride (Vita) // Jet Set Radio HD (Vita) // Hotline Miami (Vita) // Guacamelee! (Vita)
Kirby's Adventure 3D (NES/3DS) // Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS)
Ridiculous Fishing (iOS)

FEBRUARY
Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo (3DS)
The Walking Dead Episodes 1-5 (Vita) // The Walking Dead 400 Days DLC (Vita)

MARCH
Batman Arkham City Armoured Edition (Wii U)
Halo 4 (360)
Battlefield 4 (PS4)

APRIL
LIMBO (Vita)
Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Wii U)

MAY
Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
Contrast (PS4) // Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (PS4)

JUNE -- nothing. MK8 and Battlefield Premium happened. Started Infamous: Second Son

JULY
Aliens: Infestation (DS) // Elite Beat Agents (DS)
Infamous: Second Son (PS4) // Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4) - Fergus Timeline
Metal Slug Defence (iOS)
Swords & Soldiers HD (Wii U)

AUGUST
Monument Valley (iOS)
Blok Drop U (Wii U)
Stick it to the Man (PS4)

SEPTEMBER
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (Wii U) // Abyss (Wii U) // Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)
Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)

OCTOBER
Guacamelée Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4)
Liberation Maiden (3DS)

NOVEMBER
Bayonetta (Wii U)
Steamworld Dig (Vita)
Bayonetta II (Wii U)

Abandoned: Dead Island (360) because it's a bit shit.

________

January -- Gunman Clive (3DS)
Crimson Shroud (3DS)

February -- Liberation Maiden (3DS)
Walking Dead Episode 1 (iOS)

March -- Wipeout 2097 (Vita)
Judge Dredd Vs Zombies (iOS)
Little Inferno (iOS)

April -- Code of Princess (3DS)

May -- Nothing. Monster Hunter got it's hooks in me.

June -- Luigi's Mansion 2 (3DS)
Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS)

July -- Nowt

August -- Streetpass Squad (3DS)
New Super Mario Bros U (Wii U)

September -- Ghostbusters (360)

October -- Nada

November -- Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies (3DS)
Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Wii U)

December -- God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP)
Tearaway (Vita)
Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS)
Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Wii U)
Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies Special Case (3DS)
Streetpass Battle (3DS)

Fifth year of tracking this.. although the number of completed games are dropping along the way:

2015 Completion List:

Shovel Knight - (WiiU) - 05/01/15
Only purchased it two days ago and it's had its hooks into me from the moment I started. The old school graphic style hides an incredibly well crafted platformer, with an almost perfect learning curve. Controls are spot on too, with deaths only ever being a result of your own lack of skill, rather than a victim of bad game design.
Can certainly see why it's had so much praise.

Driveclub: Elements DLC - (PS4 - 100%) - 05/01/15
Definitely the hardest of the DLC packs. The Venom Hot Lap 2 event being a particular pain in the arse. Sunk enough hours into it to warrant a listing on the completion list though. Just got Redline to do now.

Game of Thrones Iron from Ice: Season 1 Episode 1 - (Xbox One) - 07/01/15
On a bit of Telltale fix at the moment and although this isn't as good as Tales from the Borderlands, it still manages to successfully recreate the GoT atmosphere, even throwing in the odd shock that are on a par with the show. Will certainly be picking up the other episodes to see how it all plays out.

Driveclub: Redline DLC - (PS4 - 100%) - 09/01/15
Probably my favourite DLC pack so far. The new cars are great fun to drive, coupled with some nice challenging events.

Driveclub: APEX DLC - (PS4 - 100%) - 03/02/15
Another lovely selection of new cars (including the Enzo Ferrari) and some quite nice tour events, with APEX Predator being the pick of the bunch. Did feel a tad easier than previous packs though.

Life is Strange: Episode 1 - (PS4) - 07/02/15
This one came out of nowhere for me and has thoroughly impressed. Even persuaded the wife to play it alongside me, sold it to her on the premise it would be like a highschool drama with a thriller/whodunit twist (this is before I'd even played it I should add).

Its been interesting to play it alongside some of Telltales recent offerings, whilst it obviously has a lot in common the attention to detail, impressive graphics and interesting time manipulation angle give it the edge.

The wife is now counting the weeks until episode 2 hits, which says it all really.

Driveclub: Sakura DLC - (PS4 - 100%) - 07/02/15
The first DLC pack to include the wonderful new Japan tracks. The new tour events aren't the best the game has to offer but the setting for them more than makes up for it. I continue to be amazed at the support the game is being given post launch, along with the prospect of 2-4 more DLC packs still to come!

Driveclub: Downforce DLC - (PS4 - 100%) - 27/02/15

Another bunch of nice new cars.. highlight being the F40 to help recreate some nice blue sky racing moments.

Driveclub: Midnight DLC - (PS4 - 100%) - 17/03/15

A lovely challenging set of tour events. Not quite as ball breakingly difficult as I was expecting though.

Tales From The Borderlands: Episode 2 Atlas Mugged - (Xbox One) - 24/03/15

Feels like I've been waiting forever for this second episode to appear (well 3 months to be exact!). The gap was almost too long as Id started to forget some key events from episode one. Soon got back into the swing of it though and the excellent writing & voiceovers continue to impress. Just hope we dont have a similar wait for episode 3.

Next Up:

Bloodbourn (PS4)
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (WiiU)
Dragon Age Inquisition (PS4)
Shadowrun: Dragonfall (PC)
The Wolf Among Us (PC)

2010 - 2014 Completion Lists

2014 Completion List: 19 Games
Gone Home (PC) - 04/01/14
Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea Part 1 (PC) - 05/01/14
Resogun (PS4) - 09/01/14
Shadowrun Returns (PC) - 24/01/14

The Last of Us: Left Behind (PS3) - 15/02/14
Tearaway (PS Vita) - 23/02/14
XCOM Enemy Within (PC) - 27/02/14
Diablo 3 (PC - Hard Difficulty) - 15/03/14
South Park: The Stick of Truth (360) - 18/03/14
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4) - 21/03/14
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls (PC - Expert Difficulty) - 31/03/14
Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea Part 2 (PC) - 05/04/14
Watchdogs (PS4) - 10/08/14
Wolfenstein New Order (PS4) - 22/08/14
CounterSpy (PS4) - 25/08/14
Alien Isolation (PS4) - 11/11/14
Destiny (PS4) - Completed all Story Missions, Strikes and Raid - 15/11/14
Driveclub (PS4) - 100% Single Player & Photo Finish + Ignition DLC - 05/12/14
Tales from the Borderlands Episode 1 (Xbox One) - 24/12/14

2013 Completion List: 20 Games
Walking Dead Episode 4 (PS3) - 03/01/13
Walking Dead Episode 5 (PS3) - 04/01/13
Hitman Absolution (PC) - 08/01/13
Heart of Darkness (PS1) - 09/01/13
ZombiU (WiiU) - 12/01/13
Sonic All Star Racing Transformed (360) - 22/01/13
Sin & Punishment 2: Successor of the Skies (Wii) - 24/01/13
The Cave (WiiU) - 29/01/13
Tomb Raider (360) - 21/03/13
Bioshock Infinite (PC) - 17/04/13
Virtues Last Reward (Vita) - 18/04/13
Lego City Undercover (WiiU) - 11/05/13
The Last of Us (PS3) - 24/06/13
Gunpoint (PC) - 27/06/13
Grand Theft Auto V (360) - 21/10/13
Mark of the Ninja (360) - 22/11/13
The Stanley Parable (PC) - 18/12/13
Battlefield 4 (PS4) - 20/12/13
Brothers: Tale of Two Sons (PS3) - 26/12/13
Contrast (PS4) - 28/12/13

2012 Completion List: 28 Games
Burnout Crash (XBLA) - 10/01/12
Test Drive Unlimited 2 (360) - 14/01/12
Skyward Sword (Wii) - 26/01/12
Trine 2 (PC) - 27/01/12
Rayman Origins (360) - 02/02/12
Dear Esther (PC) - 14/02/12
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3) - 18/02/12
Motorstorm RC (PS3/Vita) - 03/03/12
Uncharted 3 (PS3) - 04/03/12
Ridge Racer Unbounded (360) - 07/04/12
Dark Souls (360) - 11/04/12
Walking Dead: Episode 1 (PS3) - 26/04/12
Diablo 3 (PC) - 04/06/12
Walking Dead: Episode 2 (PS3) -
Max Payne 3 (360) - 18/08/12
Sleeping Dogs (360) - 14/09/12
Double Dragon Neon (PS3) - 23/09/12
Trine 2: Goblin Menace DLC (PC) - 07/10/12
Dishonored (360) - 26/10/12
Need For Speed: Most Wanted (360) - 16/11/12
Forza Horizon (360) - 23/11/12
Hotline Miami (PC) - 30/11/12
Nano Assault Neo (Wii U) - 15/12/12
Journey (PS3) - 20/12/12
Might Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition (Wii U) - 23/12/12
Unfinished Swan (PS3) - 23/12/12
Walking Dead: Episode 3 (PS3) - 24/12/12
Spec Ops: The Line (PC) - 30/12/12

2011 Completion List: 29 Games
Deadly Premonition (360) - 04/01/11
Vanquish - Normal - (360) - 04/01/11
Mafia 2 (PC) - 09/01/11
Alpha Protocol (PC) - 13/01/11
Bayonetta - Normal - (360) - 17/01/11
Dead Rising 2: Case West - Ending A - (360) - 19/01/11
Dead Space: Extraction - (Wii) - 21/01/11
Dead Space: Ignition - (360) - 22/01/11
Little Big Planet 2 - Story Mode - (PS3) - 24/01/11
Dead Space 2 - (360) - 08/02/11
Hydrophobia - (360) - 09/02/11
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood - (360) - 27/02/11
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare DLC - (360) - 02/03/11
Bulletstorm - (360) - 05/03/11
Crysis 2 - Supersoldier -(360) - 03/04/11
Motorstorm Apocalypse - (PS3) - 15/04/11
Portal - Again -(360) - 24/04/11
Portal 2 -(360) - 29/04/11
Outland -(360) - 07/05/11
Dirt3 -(360) - 25/06/11
Warhammer 40k: Kill Team -(360) - 05/07/11 (Co-Op)
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet (360) - 15/08/11
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (360) - 15/09/11
Driver San Francisco (360) - 04/10/11
ICO (PS3) - 05/10/11
Rage (360) - 25/10/11
Batman Arkham City (360) - 02/11/11
Renegade Ops (360) - 04/11/11 (Co-Op)
Gears of War 3 (360) - 04/11/11 (Co-Op)

2010 Completion List: 32 Games
Risen (PC) - 17/01/10
Ratchet & Clank: Crack In Time (PS3) - 22/01/10
Halo 3 ODST (360) - 23/01/10
Retro Games Collection (DS) - 26/01/10
Mass Effect 2 (360) - 13/02/10
Flower (PS3) - 21/02/10
Heavy Rain (PS3) - 04/03/10
Stalker Call of Pripyat (PC) - 05/03/10
Battlefield Bad Company 2 (360) - 09/03/10
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) - 04/04/10
Shatter (PS3) - 12/04/10
Yakuza 3 (PS3) - 18/04/10
Splinter Cell Conviction (360) - 19/04/10
Alan Wake (360) - 01/06/10
Split Second (360) - 04/06/10
Red Dead Redemption (360) - 23/06/10
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) - 10/07/10
Crackdown 2 (360) - 17/07/10
Bioshock 2 (360) - 25/07/10
Limbo (360) - 23/07/10
Hydro Thunder Hurricane (360) - 08/08/10
Dawn of War II (PC) - 27/08/10
Dead Rising 2: Case Zero (360) - 01/09/10
Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising (PC) - 08/09/10
Dragon Age Origins: Awakenings (PC) - 13/09/10
Halo Reach - Heroic (360) - 16/09/10
Halo Reach - Legendary (360) - 23/09/10
Dead Rising 2 - Ending C (360) - 28/09/10
Dead Rising 2 - Ending S (360) - 30/09/10
Fable 3 (360) - 14/11/10
Costume Quest (360) - 15/11/10
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (360) - 14/12/10

Edited by U-1

04/01 - Freedom Wars (Vita) - Starts off well but it because pretty lacking in variety pretty fast. Plots semi-interesting but a lot of points just get forgotten about and it ends rather abruptly. The combat's fun when it gets going but can be challenging when there's multiple large bosses on screen. Weapon upgrading is highly tedious and cutting off limbs, while initially fun, starts to grate when it doesn't noticeably speed up at all.

Overall wasted potential.

Previously:

January
02/01 - Pokemon Pearl (DS)

Next up: Dunno

COD: Ghosts - single player. Some people hate the single player components of these games. Not me. They serve their purpose brilliantly, offering up stupid, over the top, linear shoot-fests. This was no different, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. For some reason, it had been sat waiting to be finished for ages, so just played through the ending five chapters and had a blast. Good, dumb fun.

January:

07/01/15 - The Walking Dead Season 1 + 400 Days

Technically I finished this on New Years Day but only got round to doing the 400 days DLC yesterday. No idea why I didn't like this game the first time round (I quit in Episode 2) it truly is brilliant. Will be starting Season 2 soon enough, just got a couple other games to clear out first. Wasn't too impressed with the 400 days DLC, once I knew each story was about 10 - 20 mins, I ended up just picking any dialogue option as I found myself not caring about the characters.

08/01/2015 - Metro 2033 Redux

Finished that far quicker than I thought, polishing off the last third of the game in just under 2 hours before work. Was planning on getting all 1000 gamerscore before putting it here as completed but I was so underwhelmed with the whole experience I don't think I have another playthrough in me. The last 2 chapters are excellent and drew me in even though the story was barely there. The first 5 chapters however, feel like a disjointed mess. Romping from station to station with little to no narrative just didn't do it for me. I was also playing on Survivor mode which apparently makes ammo scarce but, apart from one section towards the end of the game I never got low on ammo for any guns. Bit of a disappointment.

12/01/2015 - D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die

Ok, so not either of the ones I intended to play next but I was drawn to the Telltale esque art style. Very weird game, I can see why certain people may not have enjoyed but, once I got into it, I loved it. Hoping they do in fact make another few episodes. Would recommend to anyone who likes that type of game. Just clearing up a few achievements and I'll be moving on!

Next Up: Metro Last Light Redux/TWD Season 2 (Whichever I decide to tackle first)

JANUARY:-

Sunset Overdrive - Credits have rolled, now for all the side missions. - Xbox One

Middle earth : Shadow of Mordor - Xbox One

RYSE : Son of Rome - Xbox One

Assassin's Creed : Unity - Xbox One

FEBRUARY:-

Diablo III : RoS - Campaign done, level 70 reached - Xbox One

Wolfenstein : The new Order - Xbox One

MARCH:-

Super Mario 3D Land

Dragon Age : Inquisition ( wow, that was a proper slog fest) - Xbox One

Rayman Legends ( Credits rolled and beat all the 8-Bit levels) - Xbox One

Chrono Trigger - SNES

The Crew - Xbox One

Forza Horizon Present "Fast & Furious" - Xbox One

APRIL:-

Sunset Overdrive - Mooil Rig expansion - Xbox One

Evoland - Steam

Halo : CE - Xbox One

MAY:-

N/A

JUNE:-

Ori & the Blind Forest - Xbox One

Call of Duty : Advanced Warfare - Xbox One

JULY:-

Assassin's Creed Chronicles : China - Xbox One

AUGUST:-

Blast Corps - Rare Replay Version - Xbox One ( all levels complete & scientists found )

SEPTEMBER:-

Bayonetta - Wii U

Arkham Knight - Xbox One

OCTOBER:-

Rapid Reload - Playstation 1

NOVEMBER:-

N/A

DECEMBER:-

Assassins Creed Syndicate - Xbox One

Total for the year :- 23

NEXT UP:-

Captain Toads Treasure Tracker - Wii U

04/01/15 - Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

I've got to the credits, at least, and collected all the stars and stamps up to that point. It's brilliant, obviously, packed full of genius ideas and polished to a mirror sheen, but it's not the best Mario game I've ever played. I think I was expecting (for want of a better description) a 'proper' 3D Mario title, akin to Galaxy, 64 or Sunshine, but 3D World is a completely different game, a much brisker one that picks you up and relentlessly sweeps you along with all of its shiny new things, but whose levels aren't big or detailed enough for you to properly explore or truly savour. Ultimately, I think it would be more at home on the 3DS as a spiritual sequel to 3D Land. I just hope Nintendo do get round to releasing a fully-fledged 3D Mario before the Wii U goes under completely. Nevertheless, it's still a fantastic game, and all that has been written about it already definitely holds up. Just don't go in, like I did, expecting this generation's Mario 64. 5/5

Although I generally disagree with you (I think 3D World is favourite Mario) you've kinda made me realise that 3D World is more of a sequel to World than 64 ever was. It almost seems like there are actually two kinds of Mario, the platformer (Bros, 3, World, 3D World) and the adventure (64, Sunshine, Galaxy). The platformers are more straight up obstacle courses or tests of skill with the adventures having a bit more discovery and experimentation. Nice post even if we are coming at it from the opposite side!

I try and document all the games I finish, but at some point I just get bored and stop. Still, lets start off right and lets see if I can finish 52 games (pretty sure I did last year, but as I say...):

1 - Infamous: First Light (PS4)

Both enjoyable and forgettable. It was nice to return to the Seattle playground even if the experience was shortlived. Might go for the platinum. Not sure yet.

2 - Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day (PS3)

I wouldn't have even payed this any attention were it not for the fact the "game" portion is from SUDA51. Has odd framerate issues and often feels like a flashgame. If you are ever in a situation where someone asks "What are SUDA51 games like?" then this is a super-concise way of showing this. It's a nice curio - nothing more, nothing less.

3 - Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4)

Looks great in the Ubiart engine, but suffers from trying to be a game too much, instead of sticking to it's subject matter, it loses a lot of it's impact.

Although I generally disagree with you (I think 3D World is favourite Mario) you've kinda made me realise that 3D World is more of a sequel to World than 64 ever was. It almost seems like there are actually two kinds of Mario, the platformer (Bros, 3, World, 3D World) and the adventure (64, Sunshine, Galaxy). The platformers are more straight up obstacle courses or tests of skill with the adventures having a bit more discovery and experimentation. Nice post even if we are coming at it from the opposite side!

Cheers!

I agree: there definitely does seem to be two types of Mario games, and, as Mario 64 was the first game in the franchise I ever played, being too young to own any of the earlier Nintendo consoles, I know that I prefer the more exploratory, less hectic kind of game as it's what I know a Mario game to be. Having said that, the (traditionally) 2D platformer-type games in the series are excellent, too, but I think 3D World's biggest gripe is that the precision platforming it requires occasionally clashes with both the fixed camera angles you're forced to use and its 3D nature, causing depth-perception issues. Dying because you don't know exactly where Mario is in relation to the platform you're supposed to be jumping towards, or the enemy you're supposed to be avoiding, always feels crushingly unfair. Because the game is designed so well, however, the instances where this does occur are rare, but on the much harder bonus levels, where any misstep can lead instantly to death, it's extremely frustrating and rage-inducing to die without meaning to because you can't tell where Mario is on the Z axis. It's a problem that is avoided in the exploratory-type Mario games, meanwhile, because you can (almost) always position the camera behind Mario. Such is the extent of this issue for me that I'm currently having to play the post-game stuff in half hour bursts, as any longer than that propels me into a hulk-level fury which'll often cause me to rage-quit. I then end up resenting the game, which is something that I definitely don't want to do.

I dunno though. Maybe I'm just shit and need to calm down, eh?