Club Nintendo's closing down (NEW: Goodbye Coin now available, 2000 Stars)

toythatkills

My best Stars Catalogue purchase was Donkey Konga (complete with bongos) for 4500 Stars. More recently I had been saving up for the Mario Galaxy deluxe soundtrack, but then discovered that nearly 2000 of my Stars had expired so I couldn't afford it! I complained to Nintendo about that, as I wasn't aware they would expire (I was aware that the cards expired, but wasn't aware that the Stars would expire from your account if you didn't spend them) but they wouldn't budge.

I'm still sore about the almost 7000 points I had expire unexpectedly a year or two ago. Was saving up for the 7500 point statue at the time :(

club%20nintendo%20statue.png

Since then I've managed to get the hanafuda cards and the MK8 badges and hopefully will just about be able to get enough points to get one of the 3ds pouches.

I've had quickly expiring points cards too, the one in my OoT 3D was invalid by the time I got round to using it whilst older games were still valid at the same time.

Christ. I haven't bothered with Club Nintendo in ages and just checked and have no points. Not sure if I spent them on something or they expired. It's not exactly invoking long term brand loyalty to expire points is it Nintendo? Given the fact that for a £40 game the monetary value of the points must be pitiful, the least they could do is let you accumulate them slowly over time to get something decent.

Still, if they replace Club Nintendo with an actual account system I'll accept the trade.

Christ. I haven't bothered with Club Nintendo in ages and just checked and have no points. Not sure if I spent them on something or they expired. It's not exactly invoking long term brand loyalty to expire points is it Nintendo?

At least they're just points that expire. With Sony *actual PSN credit* expires. The thieving basts.

Anyone got a Smash Bros 3DS points code? Desperate for one :( - I have provide a code for Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors and Wonderful 101 as a thank you/trade

EDIT - Lego City Undercover (Wii U) code too soon I think

Anyone got a Smash Bros 3DS points code? Desperate for one :( - I have provide a code for Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors and Wonderful 101 as a thank you/trade

EDIT - Lego City Undercover (Wii U) code too soon I think

Does it have to be smash, is it for the free game promotion - I have a pokemon code if its for said promotion and any use?

Does it have to be smash, is it for the free game promotion - I have a pokemon code if its for said promotion and any use?

Has to be Smash Bros for 3DS dude, but appreciate you asking :)

I might just have to buy a copy of the 3DS game and then immediately sell it and hope to make most of the cash back.

The memories of standing in WHSmith circa 2003 nicking codes from dummy boxes because they left the instructions inside. Rebel. Also I earned thousands from taking them from preowened games when working at Game. Amazing how many were left inside. Was always a fight for the rare codes.

Managed to grab two SNES pads, playing cards, Super Mario galaxy soundtrack, Game and Watch Mr Ball and various other tat down the years. I have several thousand left but the golf balls are grossly expensive.

Is the UK Stars Catalogue down for everyone else, have 5000 stars sittingand was looking to see if there was anything worthwhile on there. Also, has the UK/EU one ever had virtual console games as rewards, as it seems like the North American one has eight games a month as rewards.

Is the UK Stars Catalogue down for everyone else, have 5000 stars sittingand was looking to see if there was anything worthwhile on there. ALso, has the UK/EU one ever had virtual console games as rewards, as it seems like the North AMerican one has eight games a month as rewards.

It's coming up with an offline for maintenance message. I have tried over the last couple of days to redeem my existing points but it just will not log in. Seems everyone else is doing that as well and it has broken the site.