Consolevania Episode One

biglime

Just to clarify on the girl gamers bit-

Its a bit exploding the myth that girl gamers only like party games and The Sims.

What they're really like- not sad, Hello Kitty obsessed girlies.

What they really like- much the same stuff as us...

I'm not too sure about this, it sounds too 'token'?

And also, we all know what girl gamers are like (like most gamers, really), the people who do have misconceptions aren't likely to be watching your program anyway... I just sense that this one could be cringing. Have you planned out how this is going to work, what will you say, will you interview girls? It can all go horribly wrong if you have no experience at creating something which has a point, reviews are easier, but, this sounds similiar to a mini-documentary (albeit not so serious, you get my point, you'll have to have anrrator or plenty of people putting their views in to prove your point from start to finish, ack...)

Its a similiar case for the forum section, are you going to look like a proper film crew? Because its likely that members of the public will think you're losers and you won't get one to volunteer themselves, and then when they find out what the program is about... how about just having people you know act as the forum members?

Not trying to be critical here, because all the other ideas seem fab ;) , its just the above two which I think might be hard to pull-off if you haven't done something like that before or for a while.

I don't think he meant he was going to get his mate Joe to play Podger and his other mate Dave to play Phelan and act out what they said on the forum.

When he said the parts of the posters would be played by members of the public, he was just making a joke man. We are the members of the public. It's us he was talking about. They'll probably just have a review of the hottest topics that week, and draw our attention to interesting points and arguments, and Biglime will most likely just say "The issue of videogames as art created much debate on the forum this week. Emjay2kay had this to say..... which I think we can all agree with."

And I imagine they'll pick up on topics they themselves found interesting, even if it dropped off the front page with 5 replies.

To actually act it out would be ridiculous.

My excuse is I'm very very tired... :( , apologies...

And sorry BigLime, I didn't realise you worked in TV (prolly didn't read the original post in the first topic...), I figured you must have some background, but weren't sure what.

I'm sure it'll work, this is what games programs should be like ;) .

Online for download and you can ask for copies at our website, which will be up within a month or so.

You'll have to pay for postage if you want one sent though... :(

Still...

...we want to let you all have it for free, then those who like it can donate some cash (if they want) to keep it running.

"Girl Gamers- what they really like, and what they're really like"

They're like girls, that play games...

We're not really.

We are freaks with like 3 eyes and stuff.

I think they are going to make the secret public.

The "and stuff" being prepared to pay £150 for a bra presumably?

:(

Am I evil?, I really like the sound of the beating kiddies at games thing, too long have children been the media face of gaming. Slaughter em at Halo, go ooooon. :(

I'd love to see a kid get thrashed at VF4:evo. By an expert with akira.

This kids thing reminds me of the competative dad on the fast show.

Taking enjoyment from humilating and beating a child at a videogame - Marvellous. After that you could give them a 100Metre race too, and maybe a swimming competition, oh, and weight lifting - that would be good.

This kids thing reminds me of the competative dad on the fast show.

Taking enjoyment from humilating and beating a child at a videogame - Marvellous. After that you could give them a 100Metre race too, and maybe a swimming competition, oh, and weight lifting - that would be good.

Relax, it's a natural reaction to kids dominating gaming tv. :(

Here's an idea for a later show - or at least, you could add this as a regular segment.

'Make your own arcade cabinet and joysticks.' I think this would be really cool. I know you can download shit off the net about this, but it'd be nice to watch someone actually make one.

You could split it into 10 parts.

Eg - PART 1: Getting the materials and costs.

- PART 2: Assembling the joysticks

- PART 3: and so on.

I know it could cost a bit - but if you guys can't make it yourself, you might be able to find someone else to do it? Could be a good way of getting viewer interaction etc and getting a loyal audience.