Consolevania Episode One

biglime

Aye, Vids was great...

biglime: did you say one of the guys from Vids is going to be working on this? Which one? The mad Welsh bastard or the beardy guy? Hope the Metal Gear Squalid bit features you popping tranquilizers and smoking a lot. Looking forward to 1st episode.

more suggestions for the Real Life game thing:

[insert punter's name here] Horror Show: skulk around one of Glasgow's top hotels, looking through keyholes. Steal stuff. Don't get arrested.

Samba De Ami-glas-go: Find one of those awful Pan Pipe bands that always seem to play near shopping centres at weekends. Bring Samba De Amigo maracas. Attempt to assimilate self into group. Play along. Don't get arrested.

MarioKart: Go kart racing. Throw stuff at people. Don't get arrested.

hmmmm... seems to be a running theme.

[insert punter's name here] Horror Show: skulk around one of Glasgow's top hotels, looking through keyholes. Steal stuff. Don't get arrested.

Samba De Ami-glas-go: Find one of those awful Pan Pipe bands that always seem to play near shopping centres at weekends. Bring Samba De Amigo maracas. Attempt to assimilate self into group. Play along. Don't get arrested.

:blink:

Hire this man!

We're shooting on DV.

Editing on Avid.

Filming in Glasgow, home of things like...Dominik Diamond and...Vids, if you remember that.

Initial D tourney at Booths arcade! Or DDR!

You could also run a 'Beat part-time staff in GAME really hard at games' feature. Alone the same lines as the kids one, except with an even more villainous enemy.

We're really pleased you're all looking forward to this so much...

(...and particularly pleased no-one's going on about the name anymore)

Yes, Glasgow could be gaming's Mecca. Not the bingo, like, though.

I didn't say anyone from Vids would be on the show, but I might be able to coax Nigel into doing an interview...

As for the Initial D tournament thing...if the bastards in Booths would ever switch the machine ON, for christ's sake...although, speaking of Booths, we've been enjoying some humiliating games of Mo-Cap Golf recently...

We've got quite a few things where we're going to have to brass neck things...like, down the line, we want to confront Game and EB, Michael Moore-style, about their policy of SCRIBBLING ON FUCKING GAMES!!! And we've got a funny thing lined up where we take back games for swaps, and the games are in such terrible condition its untrue.

Where do you all stand on the tone of the show? We want to make it very free-form and real, so the odd expletive might come from our big faces once in a while. Just to warn you. If we think a game is shite, we'll say its shite. If the game is Superman on the X-Box, the air will turn blue. We want the presenters to be just like people you know, not a couple of former catalogue models reading from an autocue. In that sense, maybe, its an adult show.

But still, we'll have a policy of being as in-depth and informative as 'the good magazines', and (because I work in TV and its been hammered into me) we'll have an eye on not going too far. Like not getting arrested.

So there'll be comedy, yes, but comedy for gamers. We don't have to appeal to anyone else.

So, a show you can keep to laugh at, keep for reference, and keep to answer all those age old questions like:

'What's better? Gradius or Parodius?'

and

'How drunk does your mate have to be before you can convince him that your attempt to simulate the lowest depths of Silent Hill inside a Glasgow council house are a complete success?'

I am really looking forward to this. Kids getting the smug grins wiped off their faces will be easily the best bit. Anyone remember that shit ITV programme when the kid got beaten and started crying? CLASS TV.

Even the concession with Count Padula sounds quite funny and could be classic, sort of a drunk Games Guru-alike who knowingly takes the piss out of the 'celeb' being interviewed and their gaming knowledge and ability. I CANNOT WAIT!

Where do you all stand on the tone of the show? We want to make it very free-form and real, so the odd expletive might come from our big faces once in a while. Just to warn you. If we think a game is shite, we'll say its shite. If the game is Superman on the X-Box, the air will turn blue. We want the presenters to be just like people you know, not a couple of former catalogue models reading from an autocue. In that sense, maybe, its an adult show

It's got to be real, that's all I'd say. Swearing is a good example - you don't want to make a conscious decision not to swear, but at the same time you don't want to be saying fuck every second word.

Keep it real, yo! =)

Right. You'll be on the back of the kart then.

May I recommend the Arrow AX8

img1-0d.jpg

It's a really nifty piece of metal and is probably one of the best karts on the market.

Engine not included, but I'd recommend the Rotax Max engine as it's cheap and reliable to run.

You may be interested in http://www.mega64.com

Ain't nuttin been done that ain't been done before.

You just do it funnier.

Anyway, we're making a gaming show (reviews, features and so on) and the comedy's just in there to break up the action.

We're also not fans of taking the piss out of the public.

Here's an idea for a later show - or at least, you could add this as a regular segment.

'Make your own arcade cabinet and joysticks.' I think this would be really cool. I know you can download shit off the net about this, but it'd be nice to watch someone actually make one.

You could split it into 10 parts.

Eg - PART 1: Getting the materials and costs.

- PART 2: Assembling the joysticks

- PART 3: and so on.

I know it could cost a bit - but if you guys can't make it yourself, you might be able to find someone else to do it? Could be a good way of getting viewer interaction etc and getting a loyal audience.

heh thats what i did.. its pretty hard work, but i expect it would be awesome to do a "making of" with.

I agree with the person who said you should put it on bittorrent. If you link to it on suprnova you'll have a ready made audience of geeks who like to download this sort of thing right there. Including me.

You really REALLY need to listen to the couple of comments that have said that bittorrent would be a suitable method for distributing the show. This would stop you from running up a huge bandwidth bill, and distribute it to the maximum number of people possible very quickly.

Anyway, it's a great idea for a show, and I'll certainly be downloading a copy.