X-Men Apocalypse - Singer returns to direct - 2016

Professor Puzzles

I his look would work better if the film promised a fun adventure film tone. But it's all portentous dialogue and teary eyes and bwaaaaaarps and then you have a what appears to be a panto villain camping it up.

Also lol at dramatic weight in the trailer on James McAvoy after an encounter with a Gillette.

Everyone got upset when Galactus didn't look like a Power Rangers character. Make your goddam mind up, the Internet!

Everyone was disappointed because instead of a planet eating destroyer alien, we get the Ultimate version which was super boring.

This looks shit. :(

Maybe it'll turn out okay then.. so many times I've gotten really excited by film trailers only to find the movie to be shit. Maybe this will be a pleasant surprise. Unlikely, but maybe.

But Quicksilver appears to be desperately looking for the toilet in that one shot.

• 3 months later...

Looks fine, but a bit more like the CGI and uniform heavy future bits of Days Of Future Past than the more grounded 70s-as-you-know-them-but-with-mutants sections. It's good that Wolverine doesn't appear to be crowbarred in, though there's obviously going to be a bit where J-Law has to take over the team, cos she's J-Law.

I was so onboard with Fassbenders Magneto in First Class but when you have to shoehorn his character in every X-Men film like the original films, you just start to hate his character.  I have had enough of film Magento. Just fuck off already.  You're one note now.

Stronger trailer than the first one, but this seems a million miles away from what First Class did - or even Days of Future Past. I dare say, the latest Superman Vs Batman trailer was stronger (the one that focussed on Batman). 

I'd have much preferred Magneto: Nazi Hunter.