X-Men Apocalypse - Singer returns to direct - 2016

Professor Puzzles

Magneto's the best character. I reckon he's easily the most morally grey villain in any of these silly superhero films - just as at home being a grouchy stand-in leader for the X-Men as he is implementing inexplicably boneheaded plans to mutate people into stretchy frog things using a big revolving magnet.

You'll always have archetypal antiheroes like Wolverine who are basically just a bit naughty, but Magneto is the real deal and genuinely swings both ways.

• 1 month later...

Pity they've put that last second spoiler in the trailer.  I mean, it's something you'd almost expect anyway but would have been nice if the marketing team had held off its inclusion since it didn't seem widely known before this trailer. Apologies for the vagueness of this post, didn't want to give it away but would suggest that people who like surprises may want to avoid the trailer.  Although, now it is in the trailer it probably will be hard to avoid anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Sir DangerM said:

It didn't think it was a secret that it would be in it anyway? I've seen it mentioned elsewhere before.

Was rumoured a lot but never confirmed.

Saying that, I don't think anyone wasn't expecting it. The only surprise is they'd not revealed it already at this point.

5 hours ago, makkuwata said:

With the Inhumans movie being put on hold I imagine there are talks being held for a Spiderman-esque return to the family.

I would be surprised - there is apparently a lot of friction between the marvel and Fox camps, with Marvel making all the mutants sick, trying to make the Inhumans the new mutants, killing off likenesses of the Fantastic Four actors, and then cancelling their book altogether. 

Plus Fox are on a high after Deadpool.

Never say never though, and I suspect they will be watching the Spider-Man situation very carefully. 

2 hours ago, jon_cybernet said:

I would be surprised - there is apparently a lot of friction between the marvel and Fox camps, with Marvel making all the mutants sick, trying to make the Inhumans the new mutants, killing off likenesses of the Fantastic Four actors, and then cancelling their book altogether. 

Plus Fox are on a high after Deadpool.

Never say never though, and I suspect they will be watching the Spider-Man situation very carefully. 

Marvel are very smart sometimes but do they really think that what they do in the comics has any effect on the box office of these movies.  I would wager a tiny fraction of the people who go and see Apocalypse have ever picked up a comic book in their lives. 

1 hour ago, Charles said:

Marvel are very smart sometimes but do they really think that what they do in the comics has any effect on the box office of these movies.  I would wager a tiny fraction of the people who go and see Apocalypse have ever picked up a comic book in their lives. 

It was more just to illustrate the obvious animosity between the two parties tbh. Shitcanning the Fantastic Four comic a few months before the film comes out is a pretty aggressive move tbh, and it does send a signal. Even if you don't read comics, its the sort of news that filters through to all the geek movie sites etc. It's not the only thing Marvel are doing either - apparently, they also won't license new X-men or Fantastic Four products for merchandisers, which is a big deal.