IGNORED

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate!

Keyboard Koala

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I too have not ventured online yet, apart from an initial foray when I first got the game where I ran around a lot, not knowing what to do & watched some people kill a huge Sabretooth cat beast.

I've just done my first Urgent ( big monkey ), I assume I'm ok to do some online now?

Bah well my Mrs decided she doesn't want to go to yoga tonight. Bah, I say!

But, she's sacking it off because she's "very tired" and wants to go to bed asap. So it may still mean meownster hunting after all!

Do we need to do friends codes to connect to private lobbies? That may be less hassle and mean quicker hunting if so.

ph0rce, you need to do these quests:

Bug Burger (Key)

Kecha Konundrum (Key)
Tackling a Tetsucabra (Key)
The Gypceros Project (Key)
Then talk to the old guy on the left, he gives you an Urgent. Do that and you get HR2 :)
The 3DS keyboard is useless :)

Yes, that was all great fun & very productive. I've upgraded my Jaggi Blades to Leader Blades & am only 4 Great Claws away from a full Jaggi set.

Thanks for explaining the trapping stuff too, I guess I will encounter that in single player missions soon ( just reached Hearth ).

You were all dealing so much damage, especially against that poor Jaggi, very impressive.

I shall be on again tomorrow evening, around the same time. :)

Me too. For trapping it's worth making the Nersycalla armor; it has some really nice buffs for capturing :)

Does anyone know where I can find Velociprey? I'm missing one part for my High Metal armor...

They tend to be all over the expeditions. If you have done any expeditions at all, you will have a Velocidrome Guild Quest (or 20) by now. The first thing you will need to do is to go into options, select Guild Quests, then Manage List. There are two tabs; the Quest Pool is all the ones you have available, but in order to actually play them you need to put them on the Registered Quests list. Do them in the Gathering Hall, but as I said, chances are you'll find one easily enough just by doing a regular expedition anyway. The benefit to doing it via Guild Quest comes in levelling up the quest itself to increase the chances of better rewards.

Got cocky against a Frenzied Zinogre this morning and carted. Lost my Felyne Thundercaller buff and have had to completely change my strategy from all-out offensive to calculated opportunist. This did not go how I expected! Still, need those parts so I can upgrade my Usurper's Growl (Zinogre metal guitar, pictured above) hunting horn.

I'll be on again this evening hopefully.

Reached HR3 online late last night (too late to join Mukkers, sadly), then stuck around to help a few others get their HR2/3 urgents done.

A challenge for you all:

You know that happy little Palico you've got? One of the first you added to the village on Sunsnug Isle? The one you named, and shared your early hunting adventures with? The one who, on reflection, doesn't have very good skills, and is now taking up valuable village space?

Yeah, him. Try to dismiss him - Go on.

As soon as I'd chosen to dismiss him and the sad little cut scene started, I felt guilty!

Then it asked if I was really sure I wanted him gone...and his little face looked so hopeful...so of course, I took him back - his reaction was hilarious :lol:

Its the same scene for all Palicoes. And yes, its very sweet! :hug:

Your Palico is far from useless - there is a actually a pretty deep meta-game involving Palicoes, 1st Stringers, Skills and Buffs etc. I won't go into at the mo', seeing as you're still pretty early in the game, but my advice is hire and keep any Palicoes you come across, and be sure to expand Sunsnug Isle at every given opportunity.

I have no idea how to use Palicoes.

​But even without looking into them they are great to distract the monsters - giving you time to heal/sharpen e.t.c Also if you signal (start + X) they will run towards you so good at making monsters run into tarps or luring them to a good mountable area.

Sounds like you have quite the litter already. Watch this:

Ahh! So that's why there are five 1st Stringer slots! Thanks, will experiment with combinations.

Am I right in thinking that setting an undeployed Palico to Train on Sunsnug isle will slowly increase their level at the expense of Enthusiasm?

EDIT: Hmm, I might be reaching a point where delving into wikis is a good idea :(

Am I right in thinking that setting an undeployed Palico to Train on Sunsnug isle will slowly increase their level at the expense of Enthusiasm?

Correct. I'm pretty sure that if you change your mains forte from Leadership, everyone's enthusiasm will drop quicker. How that affects their combat effectiveness i dunno, but its worth thinking about if you're looking to set multiples of the same type in the stringer positions.

Is there anything worse then needing an Earth Dragongem?

I need one to forge a new CB but I've fought Darren Moron 4 times now without any luck and I don't think I can manage any more. I wouldn't want to inflict it on a multiplayer group and it takes about 15-20 minutes to solo the Caravan 6 quests.

In Low Rank, it maxes out at a 3% drop rate!