IGNORED

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate!

Keyboard Koala

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I will be on tonight from 8pm, looking to do low level stuff HR1 / HR2.

I'm up to HR2 Urgent but feel a lot like I've been carried for the last few quests so doing low stuff again might be easier to get my skills up.

G2 = guild 2 star or g rank 2nd mission?

Edit: had look online, so g has ranks now? I can see you are G3!ill stay out of your room untill I at least reach g rank

sorry shynra I meant G2, also you are correct, I ranked up to G3. I will be on tomorrow aswell. Will post my room if ppl wanna join. Will more than likely help my brother rank up from HR5

I hate Khezu. With the passion of a dying star.

In 8* Caravan, given a choice to do a quest where I need to hunt a Khezu, or one where I need to deliver a Powderstone. Despite the fact that is like asking me to choose which of my nuts you're gonna kick, I choose Khezu. In the Frozen Seaway, which means that I already know I'm in for a highly annoying time as he sticks on ceilings. But, at least it's not a carry quest, I think!

So, we're toe to toe in area 6, and so far I've been pretty good about dodging the disco death balls. Sure, as is usual when smacking something with a Hunting Horn, I get caught by the full-body glowstick every so often because he starts it after I've committed to my song, but this is just an expected handicap of the weapon. It's no big deal. Until...

I get shocked out of finishing my Infinistamina song, and as I start to rise, he has jumped up to the ceiling. Instantly, he drops right down on top of me, but I have managed to dive out of it. I'm feeling pretty damn good at this point, and the Cocky Sensor obviously detected that I was enjoying myself during a Khezu fight, and it can't have that. So, it hits me with a scream. The long kind, that you just have no choice but to endure. Whilst I'm in this lock, a new icon appears. One that I have never seen before. A .. green and red one? Wait ... is that ...

Oh. Dear.

Deviljho proceeds to charge right across the cave, and this has the wonderful effect of removing from the scream lock by putting me into a tremor lock. Khezu must have smelt my fear, as he chose this exact moment to spit another electroball at me. Which, of course, hits me and drops me down again. As if to return the Khezu favour, Deviljho then jumps and pins me. My cats didn't even try to get me out of it, and I was finished pretty much instantly.

I tried to take Deviljho alone, but every time I got anywhere near to him, his new best buddy came screaming alongside! My lack of dungbombs ultimately led to me just not being able to keep them apart, and thus I triple-carted.

Going in a second time, I was more prepared. Unfortunately, Pickle chose not to show his face on this run. As a result, Khezu was somewhat more cowardly than usual. (Which is really saying something!) From the moment I got him limping to actually killing him must have taken 10 minutes, the vast majority of which was chasing from room to room as he hugged the ceilings. My dungbombs were eventually put to good use, though, when Red Khezu showed his face near the end. Well, SOME use. At one point, I had Khezu sleeping on the ceiling, with Red Khezu not giving a fuck about the dung and spitting electrodeath at me every time I tried to climb the wall to bring the bugger down as I had already ran out of Bounce Bombs.

Should have just taken the Powderstone quest...

Currently honing my skills by levelling up a guild quest to hunt one of my many Velocidromes.

Up to 16 now, I actually got the head of one in my last reward box, sounds pretty interesting.

EDIT

Also built a full set of Velocidrome armour too. :)

I have the najarala hone maxed that brings me joy. Wanna get another hunting horn. Any suggestions?

I only have the starting tier of the Steve horn, and I really can't see myself ever wanting to change it again. No elemental damage, but what HH user cares about that anyway? And, rolling to sharpen? Since you're already doing this after pretty much every note anyway, it's an utter BLESSING!

Finally got past a bit of a wall earlier tonight - the G-Rank Kushala Daora: (some mechanics spoilers, I suppose)

It destroyed me on my first couple of attempts in Regios X armour, every time I got caught by the whirlwinds I'd lose two-thirds of my health (even after eating for Ice Resistance), and it just seemed impossible to deal with when it was in rage mode (with the black winds) - every knock-down from the winds risked a deadly combo. I carted once in each of my failed online hunts, so I was starting to feel like a liability! I was vaguely aware that poison is good against Daora, but I didn't realise that it actually stops him going into the black winds mode while he's affected by it. I ended up working towards a full Chameleos set (though it took 25 hunts to get a Large Elder Dragon Gem!) with the matching Grand Shamshir Great Sword, as it almost seems designed to deal with Daora - great Ice Resistance, Windproof (Hi), Earplugs (easily gemmed to High Grade Earplugs to deal with Daora's roar), Status Attack+2 and Status Crit. I was able to get Critical Draw and Sharpness+1 on there as well. It seems like really good armour for Sword and Shield, Dual Blades or Long Sword users, even if it isn't ideal as a general Great Sword set. Facing Kushala Daora again, he never spent much time at all in the black winds mode, and the group I was in killed him inside of eight minutes!

A couple of extra Daora hunts got me the parts I needed for the last piece of my planned G-Rank Great Sword set, which is basically this:

With the charm I have (+5 FastCharge OO-) I've got Sharpness+1, Critical Draw, Sheath Control, Focus and Attack Up S. I'd rather have Earplugs, Tremor Res or Windproof situationally over Attack Up S, but they'll have to wait until I find a better charm.

Have spent a huge part of the last two days repeatedly hunting Yian Garuga. And, now that I have all the parts required to make the armour, I no longer want to, because it will remind me of the extremely frustrating process that I just went through. What is it with people online who create a lobby that says "Yian Garuga, High", and when you get there they are hunting sodding Low Rank Basarios? Apparently, people make the Garuga rooms without actually having a Guild Quest to post...

Still, if it gets me past Rajang, who utterly humiliated me when I went in to the Urgent, it'll be worthwhile.

Phew! I just cleared 'Egg-straction: The Reckoning' in 7:13 with no breakages and completely avoided both Tigrex. I will admit to having sweaty palms the entire time. lol!

Hello Crimson Fatalis! :eyebrows:

Enjoy, currently farming Diablos armor set to go with my Great Sword, I've really swung (geddit) in favour of the great sword as I get deeper into the game, I love the charge blade but it sure leaves you open when teeing up your combos.

My 2nd evening online on this last night - me and some other chap took down a Daren Mohran. Safe to say I had little idea what's going on, but it took the best part of 30 minutes, and the elation when it died was :wub: . Phat loot too!

Also, the online community is super friendly.

And! I discovered Hunting Horns. Oh man.

Balls, negged by mistake! :(

Hunting horns are ace, though I'm fast becoming a fan of the switchaxe, man that's a cool weapon - the endless combos with it are brutal!! and the charge shot it does it awesomely satisfying to land :D

Up to the Elder Dragon caravan quest. Eager to get to the next tier of stuff as I'm kinda running out of options for upgrades etc and hopefully will start seeing some new materials soon! :)

"My other weapon is a switchaxe"

That's what I went with to being with, but the HH is pretty cool.

Is there any way you can change weapons mid-hunt, or even anywhere that's *not* in your house? I couldn't see it. As in, can you change weapons in the lobby online?