Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate!

Keyboard Koala

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Actually managed to cap Black Gravios first time, which entirely surprised me, but I double-carted and that last life was nerve-wracking. No potions or materials so I had to keep leaving the area it was in as soon as my health dropped below 75% and hoped that the Palicoes would heal me on my way to the bed.

I really should start playing from the start of a hunt the same way that I play when I've got one chance left; that's probably what the great players do.

True. :) Not sure how representative of the rest of the game it is though.

I have MH3U for the Wii U, but only played for less than 10 minutes because I couldn't read the text! Still holding onto it in case I ever get a larger TV eventually.

I'm very intrigued by the concept of the game series though.

True. Not sure how representative of the rest of the game it is though.

I'm very intrigued by the concept of the game series though.

I found it representative enough.

And being intrigued by the whole concept is what made me try out the demo in the first place. Stick with it for a while as it can be a bit overwhelming initially. But if you give it some time, it'll click eventually. I think.

Started playing this (new to the series) last night. I think a combination of Shadow of the Colossus and having gone out with a vegetarian for a few years made me feel a bit strange about the encouraged slaughter of seemingly peaceful animals. But I'm sure I'll get over it same as I do every time I eat chicken.

Why does everyone moan about the Khezu? I had a (short) go at the lvl.4 mission "The walls have eyes" (where you meet it for the first time), and it doesn't seem too hard. Had to quit mid-fight as I had to go and do some shopping, but didn't seem too difficult an adversary. One question though: what's the meaning of that meter that popped up during the fight? i don't think the game explained that to me.

MH4U-Khezu_Body_Break_001.jpg

Isn't that the "You're pinned" meter? I can't recall, it's been a while since anything managed to pin me.

I don't think Khezu is hard. It's just a slog. Damn thing seems to have 10 million hit points, screams repeatedly, and spends large tracts of the fight in places where you can't hit it. Red Khezu is even worse, I actually timed out on that one first time.

Which ones are the peaceful ones?

Rhenoplos are no friends of mine!

I'm currently on level 2 missions, and the monsters which are always in area 1 just ignore me until if/when I start attacking them (and even then it's only the one you go for who will fight back instead of scarpering).

Which ones are the peaceful ones?

Rhenoplos are no friends of mine!

Right at the start, the very first quest is to go out and slaughter some herbivores that aren't aggressive towards you at all because the man wants a steak. Just felt a bit :unsure: .

Right at the start, the very first quest is to go out and slaughter some herbivores that aren't aggressive towards you at all because the man wants a steak. Just felt a bit :unsure: .

Have you played videogames before? At least this was so Caravan man could eat.

I was only kidding.

It's weird that Kelbi only get knocked out whilst Aptonoths get literally leathered but also there's dragons and talking cats and stuff?

I'm a vegetarian of a number of years but that first SO TASTY! is the turning point. No looking back after that.

Have you played videogames before? At least this was so Caravan man could eat.

You're usually attacking stuff that attacks you automatically, or is set out to kill you, in most games though.. right? It's kill or be killed. Obviously it's not going to stop me playing :). Just saying it stood out as odd, for me.

Why does everyone moan about the Khezu? I had a (short) go at the lvl.4 mission "The walls have eyes" (where you meet it for the first time), and it doesn't seem too hard. Had to quit mid-fight as I had to go and do some shopping, but didn't seem too difficult an adversary. One question though: what's the meaning of that meter that popped up during the fight? i don't think the game explained that to me.

The problem with the Khezu fight (which you didn't even finish!) is what CheekyLee said. It's a slog. It flops around, it hangs on the ceiling and takes ages to go between areas and it has no rhyme or reason to its Blanka attack.

It's just really dull. The "no music because it's blind" thing is cool in theory but takes all tension away from the fight and the Frozen Seaway is probably my least favourite place.

Everything adds up to Khezu being the worst.

High Rank Khezu was my 'wall' until I finally beat the fucker.

My biggest gripe with him is that there's no time to evade when you are in the middle of doing GS charges and he's decided to do his electric pikachu thing. Then when you're on the floor he does another one and kills you. He's strong at HR and it made my Tetsucabra armour with buffs look shite for the first time.

The problem with the Khezu fight (which you didn't even finish!) is what CheekyLee said. It's a slog. It flops around, it hangs on the ceiling and takes ages to go between areas and it has no rhyme or reason to its Blanka attack.

It's just really dull. The "no music because it's blind" thing is cool in theory but takes all tension away from the fight and the Frozen Seaway is probably my least favourite place.

Everything adds up to Khezu being the worst.

Ah, I see... I (mistakingly) thought it was the worst because of the difficulty. Didn't realise it was because it was as dull as dishwater.

That tiny Tetsucabra is hilarious when it rages! No idea if it's just that Tetsucabra became such an easy fight for me or not, but I really don't think it should be a High Rank quest. I recall soloing it easily at a stage when other HR4 quests were proving tricky.

I haven't played in a while. I think it's time to get back on board, pick up the 3DS, and finally hit G Rank!