IGNORED

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate!

Keyboard Koala

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm just getting into G1 quests at HR39 - still in my crappy HR armor, but managing so far (just about)!

Loving the game. First MH I've ever really gotten into (despite trying others).

Up for some groups if anyone else is still around the same point in progression.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still yet to defeat a regular Rajang. He is ludicrously tough and the thought of Furious Rajang is a terrifying prospect. I mainly play GS or HH but find them too slow to actually hit Rajang - any advice for a better weapon? I'm not sure the high rank Tetsucabra armour I have is up to the job, even with the Thundercaller buff.

Rajang demolished me first try, mainly due to the beam one-shotting me. As long as you have sufficient electrical resistance, and basically don't attack his face, you'll do okay. He has fairly low hit points, and since he locks himself into fairly long attack animations you can do well by just smacking him in the backside. Just don't get greedy with encores.

All morning, all fucking morning online trying to take down Gore. mainly losing due to other hunters fainting. So I take a break do some shit in garden. Come back and start a new room. First time he fell in minutes. Makes a difference having decent hunters with you. So we did him again and smashed him. Then did tigrex. HR3 and on my way to 4. I think I'm proper addicted to this now. It's awesome.

Rathian and Rathalos have been beefed up for 4U - they're right bastards now.

Use Thunder or Dragon weapons, take some Flash bombs along to daze it and keep it grounded. Go to see The Man and level up your armour if you haven't already. Trap it for a few easy hits and if you're really struggling take along 10x potions and honey to mix Mega Potions in the field. Adamant Seeds really help with a Defence buff too so it's worth taking some of those along too. Moss wine Jerky is good to recover a large section of red health and saves wasting Mega Potions/First Aid Meds.

I tend to get out of the way a lot sooner than in 3U as that backflip is devastating.

Ok hitting my first real wall. Pink Rathian hits hard and his poison just nails me by time I get antidote it's over. Only wearing tetsu armour any tips experts?

It's the instant tail flip that is the bitch to deal with. You'll find her a bit easier if you have the Negate Poison skill, either through armour or gems, and as much Fire Res as you can possibly get. Hit the legs, roll away every time she lifts her head.

Just started farming high level tetsu armour. Cos the standard I have just ain't cutting it. To be honest rathians and rathalos have so far been no Trouble. Yeah I've been playing it too cocky as well going for two hits with the sword sword. I'm using redwing as my GS but only because I need rathian plate for the other upgrade on my valkyrie.

Only had the game two weeks now and just shy of 60hrs done. Beating pink rathian will get me to HR5.

Only got Shagaru magala to solo to hit 6* on caravan.

Just started farming high level tetsu armour. Cos the standard I have just ain't cutting it. To be honest rathians and rathalos have so far been no Trouble. Yeah I've been playing it too cocky as well going for two hits with the sword sword. I'm using redwing as my GS but only because I need rathian plate for the other upgrade on my valkyrie.

Only had the game two weeks now and just shy of 60hrs done. Beating pink rathian will get me to HR5.

Only got Shagaru magala to solo to hit 6* on caravan.

Wait, this is online? Dude, don't do that solo. She has a lot more hit points, and does more damage. I soloed the entirety of HR4 with no problem, and then Pinky made me her chewtoy. You shouldn't have any problems at all finding a room for her, there are always people farming Rubys.

• 2 weeks later...

At the start dont stress.

Colours mean nothing really, potions are green cuz, well, health is green, have you ever played videogames before?

All you need on a hunt is the basics, potions, whetstones to sharpen weapon, cooked meat for stamina and paintballs to mark the monster. Theres a ton of optional items in MH really just play and dont worry about it, this is a 300 hour game, you are nowhere.

I think I'm at the point where this is beginning to click. I've taken down one Great Jaggi but decided to try and take down another last night. Spent thirty odd minutes on the bastard, died and didn't feel like launching my 3DS through the window. In fact, astonishingly, I can't wait to give it another go. This is quite a revelation for me as that's normally the kind of thing that puts me right off a game.

Jury is still out as to whether I'll fall head over heels but I'm glad I gave it another shot. Nearly shelved the game after six hours this weekend.

EDIT: Urgh. Just looked up some tactics and apparently I should be doing this in 7 minutes. Must be missing something. I'm using a long sword and concentrating on it's head. Didn't have my cat with me last night. Perhaps deploying him will help.

EDIT: Urgh. Just looked up some tactics and apparently I should be doing this in 7 minutes. Must be missing something. I'm using a long sword and concentrating on it's head. Didn't have my cat with me last night. Perhaps deploying him will help.

Bring your cat, they do good damage and distract the monster letting you get more hits in. And yeah keep at it and you'll have Jaggi almost dead before he leaves the first area you meet him in. Don't really worry about only going for the head with the longsword, get the spirit bar filled up and try and keep that way, hit his legs, trip him over, then whack the crap out of him while he's on the floor.