IGNORED

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate!

Keyboard Koala

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

God damn Akantor solo can kiss my ass. Wailed on him in mp without too much issue. Done a fair few high level quests beyond him. Yet this git is giving me real problems.

Taking adamant pills to recover from his armour Melt and dash juice and demondrug and earplugs. Maybe it's time my Hr tetsu set got upgraded. Still journey to work attempt has seen me wail on him for 10 mins with only one faint.

Over 105 hrs now and HR35 and still utterly addicted. All in less than a month.

Well that was a productive work break. Akantor went down. Did cart again. And had no more cool drinks.making it rather tense at the end. But he is now done. Back to Hr quests. Love this game. Like want to marry it

Im excited about getting stuck into this on Weds, luckily my work mate informed me DS dont ship with charger cables!? Seriously!

Any noob tips for this ? I played a bit of MH Tri , is it essentially the same?

My tip would be try a different weapon. I started with the charge blade for about 12 quests and wasn't feeling the game or weapon. Switched to GS and ain't looked back. Always take time to prepare for the hunt. Make sure whetstone, mega potions and cool/hot drinks are on you. If you die don't think of it as failing think of it as a lesson learned. You died because you got greedy. Or didn't understand all the monsters attacks or tells.

What's the difference between the quests you get from the woman by the caravan and the ones you get from the Gathering Hall? Should I just do the Gathering Hall ones if they increase my rank?

Also, I came across some cats while exploring but couldn't interact with them. How do I recruit them for my cat army?

Gathering Hall increases HR, there are specific quests then an urgent which when you complete the urgent you hit the next HR level upto 7. Then it reveals your real HR. For example I completed my l7 urgent and went straight to HR32. They are for online but can be solo'd. Make sure you are offline if attempting solo otherwise the monster will be even tougher.

Caravan quests are solo only and won't increase your HR, well they do but you cant visibly see the effect until you have unlocked your true HR. They are also easier than gathering Hall quests, well upto a point. You also get a Waystone if you complete all caravan quests. Which I don't have yet nor know what it does as I haven't completed them all yet. This is after 108 hrs as well. So there is lots of game in there.

Even now where I consider myself as decent I can still get my ass handed to me if I'm not prepared or totally focused.

Basically do whatever you want. I mixed up my game by doing both throughout my playtime.

Gah, no, do the ones from the girl in the village, the gathering hall is for online stuff, they are much harder. Go through the the single player story, you'll end up with the cats and it'll explain a load of stuff to you along the way.

Thanks for the info guys.

I just killed that beetle thing and managed to crack off his horn, too. He was a bit feisty but I still haven't died yet.

I'm in constant need of Malachite ore for the blacksmith. I also never seem to get enough materials from the big monsters. Is the idea to just replay some of the quests so you can stockpile enough materials for armour and weapons? To get a full Great Jaggi outfit, for example, it looks as if I'll have to kill him again at least twice to get enough materials for everything.

Yeah to get the armour you need you gotta rely on the RnG that decides what drops you get. So you got repeat hunts to get full sets. Unless your very lucky. I started with going for full Jaggi, then changed to full tetsu set for the majority of Low rank caravan with a nerscylla set for as back up for capture hunts.

Once I got to Hr both off and online then Hr tetsu is still going strong for me.

Full sets will normally guarantee skills becoming active. As in more than 10 points in the skill kicks it into action. With mixed sets then you tend to need to rely on charms and jewels to ensure the relevant skills in the mixed set activate.

I'm not using mixed yet but pain on it when I get to G rank and want certain skills as a GS user I know I want at least crit draw and focus when I get there.

Is the idea to just replay some of the quests so you can stockpile enough materials for armour and weapons? To get a full Great Jaggi outfit, for example, it looks as if I'll have to kill him again at least twice to get enough materials for everything.

Yep that's pretty much it, it's a grinding game but one where every hunt levels up your real life hunting skills not just in game stats. You might have to kill Jaggi more than 3 times unless you get lucky with a kings frill.

Yep that's pretty much it, it's a grinding game but one where every hunt levels up your real life hunting skills not just in game stats. You might have to kill Jaggi more than 3 times unless you get lucky with a kings frill.

Meh. I only grind for weapon upgrades - which isn't much then. My armour's an "exotic" mix of basarios and high metal parts, with the odd polished relic here and there.

To be fair I've only had to do a bit of grinding. Just solo'd pinky, took me two days of trying online to get him when I had the urgent. First attempt on my own and two carts and many grimaces later I was punching the air with joy. No other game I've played gives you that feeling of success and relief like this one

Pink Rathian. I call her pinky to save me typing pink rathian. You'll meet her soon enough. She's a nippy lass is pinky.

I'm glad you finally did that, it has been driving me crazy, and my inner pedant has been so wanting to pick you up on it!

I'm really enjoying this. I especially like how you're given the freedom to decide how you prepare for quests. Last night I used a sonic boom to stun a monster so I could hit it with a few heavy attacks, then a poison stink bomb to damage it some more, then while it was limping away I managed to hit it with a paint bomb so I could track it down to the next area and finish it off.

Great stuff.

I need help!

Can someone tell me the exact button presses I need to do to charge, jump, and mount/attack using a Lance? Not off a ledge, just on flat ground (as I have read you can, right?). Having some bother with Jaggi. Are there visual clues to mounting? When does the poxy thing actually die, it seems to just wander off, sicking bile and then I find him again and gradually DIE. Thanks!