Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate!

Keyboard Koala

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Killed the Shagaru Magala this evening. I've really enjoyed this game but am not sure whether I want to bother with all the higher rank quests. Are they worth it? Does the game introduce anything new?

You are about halfway through, loads of new monsters after Shaggy Maggy.

Lost my first battle.

Gore Magala. Bastard.

When I met him on the adventure he was pretty easy so I went into the mission feeling confident. But on first encounter he was already in Frenzy / Agro mode straight away, and I couldn't get him out of it. Things went from bad to really bad pretty quickly! Nippy for a big fucker isnt he!

Got him second time round though, this game delivers such satisfaction!

:omg:

Still playing this, still really enjoying it. I grinded the Tetsucabra Huntathon to get a full set of Tetsucabra S armour, so now, on top of looking completely bad-ass, my defence is through the roof.

Since switching from the charge blade to the insect glaive, I don't see how anyone could argue that it's not the best, most satisfying weapon in the game. Firing off a Kinsect into the face of a charging monster, rolling out of the way at the last minute and then launching into a mount while the monster is still in its recovery animation never gets old.

I've been thinking about getting back into this, only switching to a Gunner.

So, new character and sit through all the story stuff again, or just forge some new gear and have everyone online go "damn this G2 player is useless" while i learn the ropes? lol! :blush::facepalm:

Im tempted by the insect glaive but am so comfortable fighting with my long sword im worried it will set me back.

Can craft the Gore glaive which would be pretty badass? Is it worth using my Gore parts on it?

Mental note to self. When heading on a hunt for a HR gravios and tigrex solo. Ensure you bring dung bombs. Can solo both in about 20 mins normally. But having them spawn together without dung bombs made that shit get real straight away.

Damn, dare I ask how to get the genie set for your palico? Looks charming though...

Chameleos scraps from the meownster hunters

A skill is greyed out in my active skills; what does that actually mean?

You have met the point requirements to activate the skill, but it's not compatible with your weapon e.g. a gunner skill (like Recoil) but you've got a blademaster weapon equipped. Best to google the skill and see the specifics, any complementary skills etc, or have a tinker around on an early mission.

I am past the end game now and looking into hitting 100% on the guild card. Still enjoying it, 460 hours deep.... I blame my commute!

I have not touched five of the the weapons, and three others only a handful of times. Love it!

460 hours! Christ.

I'm coming to the end of the high rank quests now. Some of the high rank monsters take forever to die. I got killed last night by a Tigrex that simply refused to go down, despite breaking every part of it that could be broken. Losing the best part of forty minutes' progress is a pain in the balls.

Well HR frenzied zinogre fell in a decent amount of time. After I completed the gravios and tigrex one obvs. Took extra potions and honey in case I needed more mega potions but did it easily enough. Only got 4 left and that's every quest upto HR 5 done. Got 2 hunt all monsters though and there's 3 monsters per quest. They don't all show up at the same time do they?

I don't know, that's what I'm asking :) I haven't look at any of it yet since I thought I'd get a little way into the the single player first, but didn't know if I'd get creamed going up against any monsters in the DLC.

Trying to get 3 Gore tails.

Damn annoying! First one didn't carve. Second one I got one. third one killed me. Argh!

Got a Tigrex mission as well which I am a bit dubious about trying , looks like it might be hard!

I'm quite enjoying the insect glaive in some respects but find it a bit frustrating in others, constantly having to fire off the kinsect to get juice, having it hit the wrong part of the monster, or fly off into the distance or hit the scenery.

Getting powered up then the monster flies off and having to do it all over again.

I thought I was done with Gore after I got the his feelers, but now I need like 3-4 more for the armour :( I did manage to carve his tail though, wasn't even sure how easy I'd cut if off with the insect glaive. And at least I'm getting quicker at fighting him all the time (although to be fair it's a lot easier with the IG considering you can just do the mount attack a lot more, especially when he goes beserk).

64 hours later and I'm done! (Well, I've got to the end of high rank credits, at least.)

After all the forum hype, I was prepared to be underwhelmed, but the fact that I've played this for at least an hour per day for the last month is testament to its greatness. What's more, I was consistently entertained for every one of those 64 hours. You'd think that after a while smacking a big dragon repeatedly over the head with a large colourful stick would get old, but slaying a frenzied Seregios 60 hours in remains just as satisfying as the first time you take down a Great Jaggi in the arena. In fact, the only time things got frustrating was towards the end, in the 9 star quests, when all the monsters initially seem massively overpowered. You learn to adapt very quickly, however, and I was never killed by a monster more than once throughout the entire game.

There's still so much content I've yet to sample, too: a load of low and high-rank quests I skipped, the g-rank quests, the DLC, and to top it off I haven't even been online once yet! It's a seriously generous game, almost overwhelmingly so. I still feel like I've only really scratched the surface.

64 hours later and I'm done! (Well, I've got to the end of high rank credits, at least.)

After all the forum hype, I was prepared to be underwhelmed, but the fact that I've played this for at least an hour per day for the last month is testament to its greatness. What's more, I was consistently entertained for every one of those 64 hours. You'd think that after a while smacking a big dragon repeatedly over the head with a large colourful stick would get old, but slaying a frenzied Seregios 60 hours in remains just as satisfying as the first time you took down a Great Jaggi in the arena. In fact, the only time things got frustrating was towards the end, in the 9 star quests, when all the monsters initially seem massively overpowered. You learn to adapt very quickly, however, and I was never killed by a monster more than once throughout the entire game.

There's still so much content I've yet to sample, too: a load of low and high-rank quests I skipped, the g-rank quests, the DLC, and to top it off I haven't even been online once yet! It's a seriously generous game, almost overwhelmingly so. I still feel like I've only really scratched the surface.

ONE OF US. ONE OF US!