Formula One - 2015 Season

Jonny5

So after Prost became the fifth different person to win in as many races over in the exciting Formula E it was good to get back to Formula 1 where you don't have to waste your time watching the race to congratulate Hamilton on becoming the 2015 champion.

Neg away all you want but you know this is going to be another shit season in a sport that needs a drastic overhaul.

Alonso must be pissed off right now with his decision to leave Ferrari.

He'd burnt all his bridges at Ferrari by complaining about the car all season. His hope was that either Hamilton or Rosberg would leave Mercedes and he'd get a seat there but because that didn't happen McClaren was the only choice he had left.

Go on Pat, it would be awesome to get Susie in the car next time out.

Susie's the test driver, not the reserve. A real shame for Bottas, hope he is back in the car next time.

Great from Nasr and Sainz Jr on their debuts, and a couple of genuine overtakes from Marcus Ericsson was a sight to behold.

Very odd to hear Vettel talking Italian, but he certainly showed that the Ferrari can take a lot of points this season.

How exactly do the engine rules work (the new F1 website is shit and I can't find the actual regulations to look at)? Assuming the one in Magnussen's car is dead, has he lost one out of his personal allowance for the season, or has the car lost one out of its allowance and thus Alonso's at a disadvantage because of it (not that it looks likely to have much effect on the championship battle, and indeed would have happened even if it had been him there instead)?

I just couldn't be bothered to watch any of this today, so found out the result this morning. Looks like a repeat of last year then.

This sport is nearly finished. 18 cars with 2 less teams from last year. Mercs in a massive lead over anyone else, like last year. Which was like the year before that AND the year before that with Red Bull.

I think 2015 is going to be F1's "annus horribilis". I can't see it being a "classic", unless somehow less cars makes its more dynamic. Lets face it the tracks are now too fucking long, so once your in the lead your safe, apart from tracks like Brazil. They need more like that really.

It's in a bit of a mess, yeah. They need to sort things out now before it's too late.

As for the race, Nasr was fantastic. Can't say I was expecting it, and it has kind of confirmed Erikkson to be the average journeyman I thought he was, but the way he just kept Ricciardo at bay and then stretched away was great. Good on him.

Lewis had it all under control though. Drove well, kept Rosberg at arms' length. I get the impression despite what Croft and Brundle said they were very much managing it too - unfortunately for the rest I think there's more performance in there when it is needed.

So if you google "Formula 1 boring" all the top results are post race analysis from the race today.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/mar/15/f1-rivals-mercedes-australian-gp-win-boring

I didn't realise that even Hamilton and Rosberg are worried that their dominance is going to turn fans away from the sport. Do we ever get the viewing figures for Sky? I'm sure they're not happy with the amount they paid but after that last interview where Bernie seemed to hate the bookface and tweeter I don't see any changes coming soon.

I just couldn't be bothered to watch any of this today, so found out the result this morning. Looks like a repeat of last year then.

This sport is nearly finished. 18 cars with 2 less teams from last year. Mercs in a massive lead over anyone else, like last year. Which was like the year before that AND the year before that with Red Bull.

I think 2015 is going to be F1's "annus horribilis". I can't see it being a "classic", unless somehow less cars makes its more dynamic. Lets face it the tracks are now too fucking long, so once your in the lead your safe, apart from tracks like Brazil. They need more like that really.

We've only got 1 fewer team than last year, otherwise spot on.

So if you google "Formula 1 boring" all the top results are post race analysis from the race today.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/mar/15/f1-rivals-mercedes-australian-gp-win-boring

I didn't realise that even Hamilton and Rosberg are worried that their dominance is going to turn fans away from the sport. Do we ever get the viewing figures for Sky? I'm sure they're not happy with the amount they paid but after that last interview where Bernie seemed to hate the bookface and tweeter I don't see any changes coming soon.

That is all you hear in interviews post-race, is someone saying "good/great job". As well as the word "tyres" during the race (from Coultard).

It is very tempting to turn it into a drinking competition every time its said, but I fear I don't have enough booze at any one time to cover it!

F1 has always been dominated by the best team.... its no different from the Lotus dominance, the Mclaren dominance or the Williams etc etc - the best team tends to have the best drivers as they are, well, the best team.

But, yeah todays race was pretty dull and reminded me of the Schumi Ferrari days..