Formula One - 2015 Season

Jonny5

F1 is fast becoming the feeder series for Sports cars. Far more paid drivers in all classes of WEC than F1 these days.

And there are going to be over 30 cars for silverstone in a couple of weeks. :)

I'm working so can't make it, otherwise I'd be there like a shot.

No Nissan LMP1s now though :( I really want to see that thing run.

To be fair to Merc, the German GP's just didn't get the punters through the gates. And Bernie charging the earth for the rights to hold the race has caused this. Attendance has been down year on year and the sanctioning fee has just gone up and up. This is all about the money, nothing to do with Merc, who even offered to step in and pay some of the fee.

So begins the alienation of Merc. I wonder what gizmo is about to be banned or rules changed just because they did that bit of the car better than than the rest.

There are rumblings that Mercedes and Ferrari might be diverting fuel past the fuel meter to other parts of the engine and that a directive has been issued to come into effect at the Chinese grand prix.

Yeah the way they ping up into the air you think they're definitely just going to collapse in a heap of bits when they land, but then they magically absorb it and keep going like toys, then as the power goes back down the suspension slops to the back and nose points straight up like an eager little dog again.

Also love the way they pretty much drift around all of the corners with the inside front trollololing about contributing nothing. Plus the best kind of raw V8 engine noise.

You can imagine the Aussies looking at F1 and saying "yeah that's noice maite, bit boring though" and coming up with this.

Brilliant :D

You can imagine the Aussies looking at F1 and saying "yeah that's noice maite, bit boring though" and coming up with this.

You can but it's American. The guy behind this iteration is Robby Gordon, former open-wheel and Nascar journeyman and current Paris-Dakar nutter.

Renault have begun to voice their displeasure at how Red Bull have criticised their engines.

With things how they are, would Renault be in any kind of position where they could pull their support of the team away during a season or are they locked in until the years over? Because lets face it, any company who is sinking money into Forumla 1, especially engine manufacturers, are doing it for the publicity, and as we all know, Renault have had very little out of their so-called partnership with Red Bull even when the pairing was successful.

I've been informed that the GPS data all the teams use to gather data on each others' cars does actually show that the Renaullt engine really isn't that bad... which kind of makes you wonder about whether the issues are that Red Bull just haven't built a good car this year.

The Red Bull Renault relationship seems to reaching a point where divorce is inevitable. The question is what does Red Bull do once the papers are filled? The only supplier that they could realisticly get in bed with is Honda, and that would be as a customer.

If Renault decides to divorce early RB are a bit fucked. It's not like there is an off the shelf Judd or Cossie they can slap in there next year.

Redbull have been talking to the ex owner of Ilmor engineering whose name escapes me. He's been brought in to take a look at the Renault unit and the thinking is this is a prelude to Redbull doing their own engine in 2017.

Renault will buy Torro Rosso and set up a works Renault squad with Redbull being a customer until their own unit is ready.

With Renault turning around the other day to tell the media that Newey's car has an inherent rear stability problem and besides which he always blames his engine supplier. I think its just a matter of team before they split up.

in other news Bernie has got the ban hammer out and is viciously beating Manor racing with it as they writhe about on the floor ... will nobody think of the poor fans who have to witness this ...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/motor-racing/ecclestone-manor-will-be-docked-almost-2m-in-prizemoney-for-failing-to-race-in-opener-10134514.html

That'd be Mario Illien :). Obviously he also has quite a lot of inside knowledge from Ilmor doing the Merc stuff.

EDIT: Alonso was in the Thursday drivers press conference and basically just debunked most things McLaren said about his accident, saying as far as he's concerned it was a mechanical failure and that the comments from the team subsequent to the crash 'were not a help'.

Oops.