Formula One - 2015 Season

Jonny5

Big crash in the VLN race at the Nurburgring today. Jan Mardenborugh flipped the car into the spectator banking killing one and injuring others.

scary stuff :(

I just saw this and its very sad, have you seen the vid - it is similar to the Merc prototype flips and not the roll over i was expecting - staggering how much aero that GTR must have!

I thought of this thread as he is the chap who won GT academy and has been doing very well in actual motorsport.

Looked at the pictures out of morbid curiosity, the flattened chairs were placed inbetween the first and second safety barriers so it must mitigate the guilt felt by the driver, tbh there was nothing he could do as he was a passenger as soon as the car left the ground.

Back to F1, was rooting for Vettel to be on Pole, wouldn't have dreamt of doing that a couple of years back.

For fucksake I don't even dislike Nico but ever since Spa he's been a total fucking waste of a car.

Actually alongside Vettel before turn 1, gets scared, backs out of it, is now stuck, loses any chance he had of this race on merit.