rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Jonny5

Formula One - 2015 Season

Signed up for this year. I picked any old shit as the first race is always a toss up. Picked Lewis to not even finish the race.

What are people without Sky doing this year, paying 9.99 for NowTV per race? Or are there some of "those" feeds that are reliable enough?

I used to use a Sky Go login and the XBox 360 app, are there SkyGo apps for AppleTV/Chromecast or anything like that?

Would anyone be interested if I nicked the Fantasy Racers point scoring system for an Rllmuk League? Would probably be just the "pick your drivers at the start of the year and you're stuck with them" system to cut down on the admin :P

• Upvote 1

Signed up Bob, thanks.

I only changed my line up a few times last year and came 2nd so its not much effort.

What are people without Sky doing this year, paying 9.99 for NowTV per race? Or are there some of "those" feeds that are reliable enough?

I used to use a Sky Go login and the XBox 360 app, are there SkyGo apps for AppleTV/Chromecast or anything like that?

Sky go app on ps4 now if you have one

The work game I run was won for two year running by someone picking the previous years championship winning order at the start of each year and letting that run ... He was dead last in 2014, but that's not the point ;)

I think I'll be grabbing a NowTV pass for each Non-BBC race. I've moved over to BT so I don't plan on using Sky again. Funny thing is, if I could have got the F1 channel by itself, I would have stuck with sky.

You can usually pick up the passes cheaper on ebay as they seem to be permanently on offer with Carling. Just bought 5 for £20 from here, last until June 30th but rather nicely Austria is the 5th Sky race of the year on June 21st.

I decided I'd rather pay a small amount for something that just works and is reliable, instead of messing with streams anymore.

• Upvote 1

You can usually pick up the passes cheaper on ebay as they seem to be permanently on offer with Carling. Just bought 5 for £20 from here, last until June 30th but rather nicely Austria is the 5th Sky race of the year on June 21st.

I decided I'd rather pay a small amount for something that just works and is reliable, instead of messing with streams anymore.

Ooh thanks for this, ideal.

Sorry King A I was going to suggest I buy you some too and sort it outside of PayPal but it's one set per eBay account :(

• Upvote 1

I would be. Bob's one requires too much effort on my part and I'm super lazy.

Laziness can pay off with Bob's game; I got the (joint) top score in one race last year by forgetting to update what had actually been wildly innacurate predictions I'd made for the previous weekend.

Do you know anyone that has sky & doesn't use their sky go codes? My dad has sky, so I pay for him to have sports and I use the sky go on my PS4.

Yeah that's what I did last year, using the XBox 360 app. I still have the 360 but it's not set up at the moment. Might have to get it out just for the F1.

Although maybe I could justify buying a PS4 by saying it'll pay for itself over a couple of years of NowTV day passes :D

My ps4 gathers dust. When I do use it the most it does is play the sky app. :doh:

GREAT PURCHASE!

I don't normally watch A Question Of Sport - but tonight is an F1 Special on BBC1 7:30pm so I'll give it a go.

If you can't wait until then (or can't watch BBC) someone has uploaded it

https://vimeo.com/120650992

Just watching this. Based on the first round my question as to whether Suzi actually knows much about F1 is rather being answered.

Oh god.

If you watch this again, there's some joking about McLaren and then Matt Dawson says "Well that won't give Kevin confidence for the season ahead" and Kevin's face as he realises Matt doesn't even know he's not driving is priceless.

Yeah I thought nobody realised Kmag wasn't actually driving this year, then Horner stuck the boot in saying he wasn't a proper driver this year

Although that might change if Alonso's "Doctors" keep advising him the McLaren is a shitpile.

I'd forgotten he wasn't. Always takes me a while to get used to driver changes, so I still keep thinking Alonso's at Ferrari and Vettel's at Red Bull (and occasionally still expect Hamilton to pop up when they're talking to someone at McLaren).

I got the same impression about Suzi Perry from that show too. Perhaps not as bad as that Georgie on Sky F1 who seemed to disappear after a while.

Would the owner of "makkuwata" please PM me an email address please

Thank you :)

i'm not to sure how you signed on without one to be honest !!

He's in for Alonso who is under the impression his name is petunia and he lives in Worthing upon sea now. But just the one race as the 21 day "don't bump your noggin again lad" limit is over after the Oz GP.

• Upvote 1