rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
TehStu

PS+ February (Feb 4th): Apotheon, Transistor (PS4) Thief, Yakuza 4 (PS3), Kick and Fennick (Vita) Rogue Legacy (All)

Guess who is the Gaf user? ;)

Heh, seriously though, if we're going to have a new thread every month then the OP really needs to have a trailer for each game and a brief summary, otherwise what's the point of the new thread?

I think you'll find I led first with the eShop threads ;)

Anyway, missed Thief in the other thread. Suppose, if my sub is still valid by then, I might give it a poke.

Rogue Legacy is great, for those who haven't played it yet.

Transistor is really good, fantastic battle system, but barely anyone gave it a chance because they considered Badtion only an 8/10 or something

• Upvote 4

Great month for Rogue Legacy alone, but almost got Transistor on Steam a few times, so looking forward to that too. :)

I'm looking forward to it, based on people saying "if you like Spelunky, you should like Rogue Legacy." They said that about Isaac too, though.

Still, I'm hopeful!

I thought Isaac was ok but it's nowhere near in the same league as R.L IMO.

I'd imagine that it's plays perfectly well on the PS3/4 but for me it really shone on the Vita :).

RL is fantastic but you really do have to persevere. I had some strong encouragement to keep at it early on which was good advice, but without it I might well have given up. It's probably more like Isaac than Spelunky, despite being side-on - it's brutal at first but it gets easier very gracefully. It's also a bastard of a one-more-go game because with every death there's a reason to dive back in.

It'll be nice to have it on the PS4. Throw in Transistor, Thief and Yakuza and if the other one turns out to be rubbish, who cares? Great month. Must download Prototype 2 tonight, though.

Rogue Legacy isn't as good as Spelunky, the main reason being that you are forced to pick between three characters each time you play, and often none of them will be characters you want to choose, and then you're in the game. Obviously you can kill yourself if you really want to but why is there no reroll button? Or why I can't just make my own character? There's enough randomisation already. Also the sword swipe animation is unsatisfying. Other than that 8/10.

Edit - I seem to recall that there's an upgrade to reroll once. But only once. It's still too limiting.

I though RL was awful, repetitive and derivative. Still, now everyone can make their own mind up.

It also isn't fit to lick Spelunky's boots.

• Upvote 2

Nobody interested in Apotheon then? I've been curious about it and was looking to get it on PC (I don't have a PS4) but might have to go see my brother, who does have one, and play it there first.