Giant Bomb Fan Club

Nespresso

If you have any plans to play NieR: Automata you MUST skip 0:59:00 to 1:03:30. Peter Brown gives away the biggest most important part of the ending.

I really like Peter on the Bombcast but based on this episode alone he seems prone to revealing late-game stuff; he came near the edge on a few things when they were talking about Zelda as well.

He and Brad probably get on really well. 

18 hours ago, Oz said:

He can be annoying but is an extremely good person, I have a lot of time for that dude. Have you heard him on danswers? 

He talks about

Reveal hidden contents

Surviving cancer :(

Colin on the other hand. Fucking hell. 

Greg's issue (for me) is that he always has to try to make himself the centre of attention no matter where he is. It has to always be all about him. In small doses, he's actually quite funny and he has his moments. But it's very rare that he's not just trying to upstage everybody whilst providing zero value. I tend to skip any GB stuff with Greg on it. If he toned it down a bit, I'd find him pretty entertaining. But, there's a market out there for his schtick and he seems to be pretty well liked so my opinion doesn't really count for much.

7 hours ago, VN1X said:

This is from earlier this month. I've only seen the first ten minutes or so myself.

what a fucking insular view of life and world. they spend the first 10 minutes talking about long island. who gives a flying fuck about long island. no context or perspective of where they fit on the rest of the world. and that it is all equally important. I could go on. why am I even watching this. "I can't imagine being from a place I am not proud of". seriously? what was his accomplishment in the cosmic fucking coincidence that his 'lower middle class' parents had sex in fucking long island. and as a result he came into the world there. imagine being German and your parents were in the Nazi party, are you ashamed of that? how the fuck was that your fault? fucking idiot.

19 hours ago, Oz said:

He can be annoying but is an extremely good person, I have a lot of time for that dude. Have you heard him on danswers? 

He talks about

Reveal hidden contents

Surviving cancer :(

Colin on the other hand. Fucking hell. 

I did listen to it and he's clearly not a dick but his shtick just grates with me. He's just a 'me me' type of guy who's always looking to put himself front and centre.

If people like it then I've no problem, but I'm out. 

On 14-3-2017 at 04:29, deerokus said:

There is a good interview with Vinny on the latest 1099 podcast, which is a series worth adding to your podcast app. It's really a podcast about the games journalism industry rather than games, which isn't exactly the most interesting topic for everyone, but the guy who does it is an excellent interviewer who gets good guests quite regularly and is clearly a big GB fan.

A LOT of behind the scenes chat about GBEast. 

Thanks for this recommendation!  I'm about halfway through and it's really fascinating hearing Vinny explain how it all works and why they do the things they do

26 minutes ago, deerokus said:

The same guy did an interview with Alex a while back, and the one with Mike Diver from waypoint was fun too. 

They could do worse than bringing him in as one of the new people. 

After finishing the one with Vinny I dove right into the one with Alex. Listening to it right now!

At the end of the Vinnycast the guy mentions that back when he was at college his mum asked him what he wanted to do after getting his journalism degree. To which he apparently responded "I wanna work at Giant Bomb!" :lol: Funny story,  but my first thought was the same as yours - he could be a great fit for GB!

Finally finished Yakuza 0 which means I can finally start watching Beast in the East :D

It's a great game btw. It's the best game.  Highly recommended If you like great games! Even with Zelda and Persona and all the other amazing games coming out, it will most likely end up as my GotY.

25 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Finally finished Yakuza 0 which means I can finally start watching Beast in the East :D

It's a great game btw. It's the best game.  Highly recommended If you like great games! Even with Zelda and Persona and all the other amazing games coming out, it will most likely end up as my GotY.

thanks. will give it a go for sure. hopefully before persona. and you: should really try horizon.

Yakuza is sat on my PS4 ready to go after I finish Zelda, so I look forward to playing it in a couple of months. I can't go back to Horizon so something completely different might be a good palate cleanser, allowing me to revisit it.

How long did it take you to finish Yakuza?

8 minutes ago, Oz said:

thanks. will give it a go for sure. hopefully before persona. and you: should really try horizon.

Already bought and added to my pile of shame! Really looking forward to it. My current plan after Yakuza is to play Styx: Shards of Darkness first, which should not take long, and then either Zelda or Horizon. But Persona might change all that! Here in Holland we have a term "luxury problem" to describe a situation where you have an excess of great options available to you :D

1 minute ago, SweatyTravolta said:

Yakuza is sat on my PS4 ready to go after I finish Zelda, so I look forward to playing it in a couple of months. I can't go back to Horizon so something completely different might be a good palate cleanser, allowing me to revisit it.

74 hours but you can do it in 20 or so probably. But the side stories are hilarious, and simply exploring to take in the atmosphere of eighties Japan is something that you need to take the time to enjoy imo :)

27 minutes ago, SweatyTravolta said:

Zelda finishes you. ^_^

I have been multitasking and playing horizon at home and Zelda on my commute. I love how different those two are. But I do occasionally try to jump with triangle in horizon. Or see a fire and think: oh great I can cook something!  Or try to get to high ground to jump off and then think... oh fuck now I need to get back down. Lol

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

74 hours but you can do it in 20 or so probably. But the side stories are hilarious, and simply exploring to take in the atmosphere of eighties Japan is something that you need to take the time to enjoy imo :)

I've already seen enough of this Yakuza and loved the previous entries (am I the only one that liked Dead Souls?)  that I know I want to enjoy every moment of it. Sounds like a perfect May game. Zelda should be finished in April and it'll give me time to want to be back in an open world.

I don't know how Oz can play two open world games at once. Do you not get fatigued from all that exploration? I know after I've played a Saints Row or something I need to play a couple of tight experiences.

12 minutes ago, SweatyTravolta said:

I've already seen enough of this Yakuza and loved the previous entries (am I the only one that liked Dead Souls?)  that I know I want to enjoy every moment of it. Sounds like a perfect May game. Zelda should be finished in April and it'll give me time to want to be back in an open world.

I don't know how Oz can play two open world games at once. Do you not get fatigued from all that exploration? I know after I've played a Saints Row or something I need to play a couple of tight experiences.

I'll happily play one open world after another, so far this year I've finished Red Dead, Saints Row 4, Sleeping Dogs and am part way through Gat out of Hell and BotW, gotta love n open world :)

2 hours ago, SweatyTravolta said:

I had not done that before. I tend to always finish something before I start something else. almost a painful fucking rule if I start playing a Ubisoft game which falls apart in the end but I just HAVE to fucking finish it before I move on. on the other hand, there are some games I just end up replaying every now and then (witcher 2 or 3, dark souls, fallout) and those are fine to use as breaks from the game I am trying to finish. I only started these two at the same time because Zelda is portable. but I ended up loving playing the two at the same time. I truly find them different enough that this is not an issue. I am never exploring in Horizon really. I am hunting from one place to the other. I always know where I am going and what I am doing there. there is little discovery in that game (except maybe for the story which is great). in Zelda I am always wondering around and going 'huh' 'look at that' 'awesome'. but maybe this will change when I start playing Zelda properly. I am almost done with Horizon, whereas I think Zelda I am 10% in.